Straight Pride Parade

Nov 2005
California
I am all for that kinda of struggle stopping but in the process it is important to not put struggle on those who are not part of your group.
The thread replies is border line putting struggle on straight people.
This kinda refutes a bit the twitter stuff just posted.
In other words we should not create more struggle to over come struggle.
The op had a good point.
In post #15, I talked about two types of pride.
Looking at the statements from this group, I actually don't see anything they are saying which puts them in group #2.
I've seen it in the past where some college group advertises wanting to start a "white" group (similar to existing "black" groups) and then they are immediately maligned. The "white" group then uses the attacks as an excuse to claim that it proves that whites are victimized.
They are basically baiting a trap, inviting controversy and criticism and then capitalizing on it.

I think this "straight pride" group is doing something similar. If you look at their Facebook, that is exactly what they concentrate on.
Their web-site claims straights are discriminated upon but they give no examples.

In some ways, these guys remind me of Fred Phelps's crew except not as innovative. Fred Phelps's family actually has a ridiculous amount of lawyers. They actually make money by visiting locations, doing heinous things that can be classified as free speech, and then suing the local government if their free speech is impinged upon.
These a-holes actually started targeting gay funerals, but it didn't give them the reaction they wanted so they stopped.
They then moved to targeting military member funerals and that got them the reaction they wanted...

I think the city should turn down their request as it is written because they simply don't have the attendance which warrants the type of parade route they requested. You don't shut down that much street when the turnout is probably going to be maybe a 100 people at best.
Beyond that, ignore them. They're being stupid. They're not explicitly maligning gays (from what I read).

Mar 2019
Texas
Looking at the statements from this group, I actually don't see anything they are saying which puts them in group #2.
I've seen it in the past where some college group advertises wanting to start a "white" group (similar to existing "black" groups) and then they are immediately maligned. The "white" group then uses the attacks as an excuse to claim that it proves that whites are victimized.
They are basically baiting a trap, inviting controversy and criticism and then capitalizing on it.

I think this "straight pride" group is doing something similar. If you look at their Facebook, that is exactly what they concentrate on.
Their web-site claims straights are discriminated upon but they give no examples.

In some ways, these guys remind me of Fred Phelps's crew except not as innovative. Fred Phelps's family actually has a ridiculous amount of lawyers. They actually make money by visiting locations, doing heinous things that can be classified as free speech, and then suing the local government if their free speech is impinged upon.
These a-holes actually started targeting gay funerals, but it didn't give them the reaction they wanted so they stopped.
They then moved to targeting military member funerals and that got them the reaction they wanted...

I think the city should turn down their request as it is written because they simply don't have the attendance which warrants the type of parade route they requested. You don't shut down that much street when the turnout is probably going to be maybe a 100 people at best.
Beyond that, ignore them. They're being stupid. They're not explicitly maligning gays (from what I read).
I think it is the case where some gays struggle with jobs and such discrimination where the hate for straights is usually just in the form of ridicule. It is not really much of a struggle if any but it does not held any causes to go around ridiculing others. In some cases ridicule can be hurtful and even criminal but is not the same as what others struggle with.

May 2018
Chicago
I think you just hit the nail on the head. I think it's best just to ignore it. I think James Fell nailed it:

This too:

May 2018
Chicago