Strong Trump Supporters Trust Trump Over Friends / Family

Nov 2005
California

Note: It talks about "Strong Trump Supporters". This was based on self-rating for which 21% rated themselves as "I am a strong Trump supporter, period"
For those who trust Trump but don't even trust their own family / friends, that sounds like a cult, doesn't it?
I can't help but wonder how many of that 63% had such trust implicitly placed based on their friends & family likewise being "strong Trump followers".

Jul 2015
chicago

Note: It talks about "Strong Trump Supporters". This was based on self-rating for which 21% rated themselves as "I am a strong Trump supporter, period"
For those who trust Trump but don't even trust their own family / friends, that sounds like a cult, doesn't it?
I can't help but wonder how many of that 63% had such trust implicitly placed based on their friends & family likewise being "strong Trump followers".
What it tells you is that we, conservatives know that the mainstream media is totally in the tank for the Democrats.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
What it tells you is that we, conservatives know that the mainstream media is totally in the tank for the Democrats.
This is a fair summation of paleoconservatism, which I support fully:
  • "We are conservatives who stand outside the conservative mainstream; therefore, we can see things that matter more clearly.
  • Modern conservatism has become too focused on money, power, and the accumulation of stuff, and insufficiently concerned with the content of our individual and social character.
  • Big business deserves as much skepticism as big government.
  • Culture is more important than politics and economics.
  • A conservatism that does not practice restraint, humility, and good stewardship — especially of the natural world — is not fundamentally conservative.
  • Small, Local, Old, and Particular are almost always better than Big, Global, New, and Abstract.
  • Beauty is more important than efficiency.
  • The relentlessness of media-driven pop culture deadens our senses to authentic truth, beauty, and wisdom.
  • We share Russell Kirk’s conviction that “the institution most essential to conserve is the family.”
  • Politics and economics won't save us; if our culture is to be saved at all, it will be by faithfully living by the Permanent Things, conserving these ancient moral truths in the choices we make in our everyday lives."

Reactions: LTP and Franklin
Nov 2005
California
You'll note that I didn't even comment on the MSM aspect, did I.
Putting the trust of Trump, a documented prolific liar, at 91% and "friends & family" at 63% is the portion I pointed out.

Mainstream conservatism of today has sold themselves out to Trump. Either they actively drink the kool-aid, or the obfuscate and derail attention away from the problem.

Jul 2015
chicago
You'll note that I didn't even comment on the MSM aspect ..
Well of course you did not comment on it. It is too painfully obvious that the mainstream media is so in the tank for the Democrats it is not funny. Sure you can put your head in the sand on it just like all of the hucksters who pretend to be objective journalists at CNN and the like. Its fine go ahead. Meanwhile it becomes so very obvious to an ever growing pool of people and ultimately ends in votes moving from the Democrat side to the Republican.

Nov 2005
California
Well of course you did not comment on it.
And in your reply, you again ignored the other part of the poll.
I realize the right has a "poor me" complex. They think any news that isn't told to their liking and doesn't go their way is out to get them.
Boo-hoo! You guys are sooooo picked on and persecuted! It's amazing you guys are able to do anything with all the discrimination you imagine happens.
:rolleyes:

And while you can't face the truth on the self-imposed complex, the true test of your delusion comes in "the other" part of the poll.
Where you can't even face the fact of how many people trust Trump above your own friends and family.
THAT is the true demonstration of the delusion, but you can't acknowledge that so you just plain ignore it.

It is too painfully obvious that the mainstream media is so in the tank for the Democrats it is not funny. Sure you can put your head in the sand on it just like all of the hucksters who pretend to be objective journalists at CNN and the like. Its fine go ahead. Meanwhile it becomes so very obvious to an ever growing pool of people and ultimately ends in votes moving from the Democrat side to the Republican.
I don't know how old you are but you seriously need to recognize the reality of politics.
The political pendulum swings back and forth. Back and forth.
Republicans come out ahead in some battles of the past, but the pendulum swings back around to the Democrats. Trump's "party" already lost a good chunk of seats in Congress on the last go-around. Odds are that they'll lose even more next time.
But the history books don't stop there. At some point further in the future the Repubs will win back seats. It's a cycle.

You fantasize about votes moving from the Dems to the Repubs, but in the mean-time you blatantly ignore the corruption that occurs with the Repubs.
Cause just like a "strong Trump supporter's" family, the truth doesn't matter.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Well of course you did not comment on it. It is too painfully obvious that the mainstream media is so in the tank for the Democrats it is not funny. Sure you can put your head in the sand on it just like all of the hucksters who pretend to be objective journalists at CNN and the like. Its fine go ahead. Meanwhile it becomes so very obvious to an ever growing pool of people and ultimately ends in votes moving from the Democrat side to the Republican.
Here's what you fail to see, and unfortunately for our nation and the world you're far from alone.

You've been conditioned by a thoroughly unscrupulous man and those who surround him - at least, as long as they 100 percent agree with him - to instantly label any news unfavorable to Trump "fake news." That's any news that doesn't paint him in a favorable light.

Fake news abounds, no doubt, but the left-leaning press has no monopoly on it. Yet, as foundit66 points out: the MSM numbers of this poll aren't the point, which is 91 percent of those polled trust Trump over their loved ones. Their friends and family, their loved ones, JOM.

The only other world leader who gets 91 percent trust ratings is ................ Putin.

Dec 2015
Arizona
Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate for a moment to prefer the latter. The most effectual mechanism for insuring a society governed by reason and truth. It is therefore the first shut up by those who fear the investigation of their actions.” Thomas Jefferson

The U.S. government is supposed to have a system of checks and balances--three branches of government--but with the election of Donald J Trump, those three "checks" have been weakened to a point of anxiety and uncertainty.
How do we know? The press.
How do we know when one of our lawmakers steps outside the boundaries? How do we know when one of our public servants lies? How are we to understand the process of our government when corruption steps in? How would we know about OUR inept EMPLOYEES (state and federal officials)? How can we fact check quotes, legislation, foreign policy, truth, fake-photoshopped memes?
There's only one answer: The PRESS
I can't think of a single president who LOVED the press. Why? Because the free press reports what those presidents DO and SAY and often times (in fact many times) ..... IT'S not flattering. Then along came Trump and suddenly the evil media was supposed to ignore the thousands of lies, contradictions, misrepresentations, and mistakes?
AND it's not just Trump who's being reported---IT'S HIS STAFF. AND you don't like it. You don't like being exposed as a voter who supports someone as amoral as Trump.
Why would anyone want to live in a place (Russia, NoKo, China) where the media is bound and gagged? You? Is that how you want America to operate?
Trump's world is filled with faux pas, alternative facts, a particular nomenclature, falsehoods, untruths and delusions, but the press is NOT supposed to report those?
If you want a congenial press, then perhaps you should have chosen a leader who isn't a reckless, feckless, pathological liar.

Dec 2018
Indiana
Purely "objective journalism" as you probably conceive it has never existed in this country's history, but I'll put up my sources of news and information for accuracy against yours any single day of the week. If there's one thing I've learned about the RW over the last 20 years, it's that they can't distinguish fact from fiction when it comes to politics. Exhibit One: Pizzagate, Infowars and Breitbart

Jul 2019
Georgia
trump cultusts aren't conservatives

and I believe you got on to me just the other day for not watching MSM, and being out of the loop as a result

Reactions: Clara007