Study: Conspiracy theory believers tend to endorse other unsubstantiated beliefs as well

Jul 2018
Earth
I didn't say there was...... But up until now the winner of those elections were treated as the legitimate leaders of the country.... And Yes, the Russians and others have been trying to interfere at least since WWII.. (we do it.don't we?..see Israel). But this election has ushered something new.... And Cummins, Shift and Nadler are part an parsel for Russia's success in casting doubt on our system..
There is only one group that wants to run the world and that has been its objective and strategy for thousands of years.

Reactions: imaginethat
Jul 2019
Georgia
I heard these conspiracy theories about the Trilateralist Commission, the Billdibergers, Council on Foreign Relations and other assorted actors running our politics from the shadows 20 years ago.... And I thought they were nuts... However.... In the last 3 years, Trump's win in 2016 has spooked something out ot the shadows and it is ugly..

I still can't wrap my mind around all these malcontents actually sitting down and putting their plans together to surreptitiously run the US Government... But I do believe that there has been concurrent similar schemes running in parallel... This is why Barr's investigation into the origins of the Mueller Report are so damned important.. Leftroids can dismiss a plot of the Obama Administration to interfer with the 2016 election and insure a Clinton Administartion, ansd failing that undermining the Trum Administration as pure cccconspiracy theory..... But what it isn't ?....The American people have every right to know the facts on that one... The Republic depends on it...
How in the world did Obama try to interfere with the 2016 election? He even went to McConnell to try to get a bipartisan statement about Russian interference so as not to politicize the issue and McConnell refused.

Hell Comey's "but her e-mail" investigation reopening announcement interfered more with the 2016 election than anything Obama did. And he was threatened with that information being leaked if he didn't do anything.

Reactions: Lyzza and Clara007
Sep 2015
Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
They definitely wanted trump. Read the first 8 or so pages of the Mueller report to see that.
First I would have to believe the Mueller Report was a Comprehensive and accurate report.....Comprehensive??... No... They did nothing to investigate the Clinton/DNC/Fusion GPS (Muelled did not even know who Glen Simpson was !!) collusion through the Steele Dossier and Russian disinfomatzia... And did Bob Mueller even produce the Mueller Report or was it one of his Hillary supporters.??

But you’re absolutely right about them wanting to sow discord as well. And they succeeded. If Hillary had won, they still would have succeeded in that department.
If Hillary had won we would not know a thing about what was going on.....

America needs to fight back by fighting disinformation, because that was the tool they used most successfully.
Here I agree with you.....the ether has been so polluted that it is almost impossible for anyone to figure out which is truth and which is bullshit...

Sep 2015
Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
How in the world did Obama try to interfere with the 2016 election? He even went to McConnell to try to get a bipartisan statement about Russian interference so as not to politicize the issue and McConnell refused.
Who ordered Comey to exonerate Hillary on the investigation into the mishandling of classified information, keeping Hillary as the Democrat Candidate...??..
Are you going to try to convince me that Obama knew nothing about the back-door server and maybe even comunicated with Hillary on it.....thereby, himself, misplacing classified information.....hmmmmmm?

Hell Comey's "but her e-mail" investigation reopening announcement interfered more with the 2016 election than anything Obama did. And he was threatened with that information being leaked if he didn't do anything.
And maybe he did, but that don't excuse the "Big Guy" (Obama)....Comey was a cluster-fuck for sure... But who believes a word Comey says....He is the first to be recomended for indictment by the IG Horowitz... More ( a lot more) will come..

Jul 2019
Georgia
First I would have to believe the Mueller Report was a Comprehensive and accurate report.....Comprehensive??... No... They did nothing to investigate the Clinton/DNC/Fusion GPS (Muelled did not even know who Glen Simpson was !!) collusion through the Steele Dossier and Russian disinfomatzia... And did Bob Mueller even produce the Mueller Report or was it one of his Hillary supporters.??
lot's o' conspiracy theories up in that piece

(thread title rings true)

Reactions: Lyzza
Jul 2019
Georgia
Who ordered Comey to exonerate Hillary on the investigation into the mishandling of classified information, keeping Hillary as the Democrat Candidate...??..
Are you going to try to convince me that Obama knew nothing about the back-door server and maybe even comunicated with Hillary on it.....thereby, himself, misplacing classified information.....hmmmmmm?

And maybe he did, but that don't excuse the "Big Guy" (Obama)....Comey was a cluster-fuck for sure... But who believes a word Comey says....He is the first to be recomended for indictment by the IG Horowitz... More ( a lot more) will come..
I'd try to talk this out with you, but I don't really speak conspiracy theorist, sorry.

Reactions: Lyzza
Sep 2015
Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
lot's o' conspiracy theories up in that piece

(thread title rings true)
What conspiracy theories?? First...What was Mueller's mandate??.....To investigate Russian interference in the 2016 elections and any crime(s) attributed to it....It was an open ended mandate and did not specifically say Trump and Russia....so why didn't he investigate the Clinton/DNC Steele Dossier connection to Russia....that is fact, not theory..

And at this point, did Mueller really produce the Report bearing his name is conjecture??..He sure did not sound like he knew what was going on..

Reactions: caconservative
Sep 2015
Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
A classical example of Logical Fallacy..."Reducio ad Conspiratorum"..... When one's bullshit catches up with them, they brand any alternative narrative as a conspiracy, in order to De-ligitimize where their own conspiracy fails..... That is what this OP is trying to do...