Study: Lack of tolerance, institutional confidence threaten democracies

Sep 2019
CA
Propaganda is what is harming the country. THe people that lack tolerance and don't trust institutions are the people brainwashed by Fox news propaganda and other garbage spread around the interned Duped by greedy, scummy people that get people to cheer on the theft of the country while those very same people are taking it in the ass from the rich.
Here's the honest truth. YOU and posts like this are doing more damage than being helpful. Therefore YOU are part of the problem. By suggesting it's one side, you're literally pointing a finger because you refuse to listen or consider what the other side is saying.

This post is exactly why we are where we are. one side blames the other, the other blames them back. You'd love to continue these lies because you're either ignorant to that fact, or you're happy to continue these lies yourself. Either way, BOTH sides and ALL media sensationalize to hold and or increase ratings so they can get or keep sponsors. They don't report all the facts because their viewers would tune out and stop watching...so instead they keep playing what they think their audience wants. Whatever media you read/watch they do it as ALL of them do. This isn't a right vs left...this is systemic of all media because ratings determine sponsors and income.

Jun 2019
ROT
Prove it. What laws am I protected by that gays are not.
Start here: "There is no federal statute addressing employment discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity. Protections at the national level are limited. Some regulations protect government employees but do not extend their protections to the private sector. "

Reactions: Lyzza
Apr 2019
America
Start here: "There is no federal statute addressing employment discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity. Protections at the national level are limited. Some regulations protect government employees but do not extend their protections to the private sector. "
You cannot legislate respect for anyone, including gays. Private business should follow their own rules.

Sep 2019
CA
What we used to have before Reagan (now just the free-market, which the right-wingers supposedly love)...

Right-wingers? Why is it necessary to demonize one party from another? Does it make you feel better? Is it that you feel threatened by one party?

Listen, just stop and consider...we're all human. We all make choices and reach a decision on how we feel or what our opinion is. Being so hateful to those that don't see things your way doesn't help or benefit anyone and it really only shows how immature you are.

I may not agree with your opinions, but I welcome civil discussion to see if you can sway my opinion or I can sway yours.

As for the Free Market, I will never suggest that a free market doesn't have it's downside. rather than waste time trying to educate someone who prefers to remain ignorant...I'll let you read this.
Free Market Definition

Jun 2019
ROT
Right-wingers? Why is it necessary to demonize one party from another?
American history, for the last 150 years...

"As for the Free Market, I will never suggest that a free market doesn't have it's downside. "

Good. You, and I, and Adam Smith agree. Nuff said.

BTW, Liberalism, what founded this nation, does not tolerate the illiberal (for good reasons - look them up).

Sep 2019
CA
American history, for the last 150 years...

"As for the Free Market, I will never suggest that a free market doesn't have it's downside. "

Good. You, and I, and Adam Smith agree. Nuff said.

BTW, Liberalism, what founded this nation, does not tolerate the illiberal (for good reasons - look them up).
As I recall, though it's been over 25 years since I got my degrees, the Federalist Party and Democratic-Republian Party were the 2 first parties in the US. saying it was liberalism is disingenuous.

As for Free Market...no...there is no "nuff said". We need to discuss both the downsides and the benefits so that we, intelligent people can determine if it's the better system, if it's benefitting our country, and if we can fix the downsides. Most downsides are brought about by other influences, LIKE political parties, businesses, etc. If we stop the influences and the interference, will it help? THat's a great discussion to have and determine.

if all you want to do is hear someone admit to one of the points you might make without discussing the others where you're wrong...well...again you being disingenuous and ignorant.

Reactions: imaginethat
Jun 2019
ROT
As I recall, though it's been over 25 years since I got my degrees, the Federalist Party and Democratic-Republian Party were the 2 first parties in the US. saying it was liberalism is disingenuous.
Didn't say that. I said, in essence, the U.S. is a two-party system and has been for 150 years.

"As for Free Market...no...there is no "nuff said"."

And there is a better system, it's called a Mixed-Economy. We just have a piss-poor version of it.

iPhones and undies are the Free-market, power and water are the People.

Either up your game, I'm not going to spoon-feed you, or move along.

Jun 2019
ROT
Yes I do, give it a try.
No, you don't, or you could deal with the fact that if you allow the free-market to do its thing you get - Google and Twitter. And if they don't like you, start you're own damn versions. They are neither Public Utilities nor Public Accommodations.

As you suggested, they get to play by their own rules, not yours.

Suck it up, Buttercup...