Study: Psychopathic Traits Are Higher In People Who Identify As Republicans

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
I think this has to be true people on the right have no compassion they are cruel and unfeeling they are evil

Study: Psychopathic Traits Are Higher In People Who Identify As Republicans
they hve no empathy and they enjoy others pain
they are selfish
“Psychopathic traits with their associated empathy deficits appear relevant to the discussion of political attitudes and political candidates,” wrote the authors of the study, which was published in the journal Personality and Individual Differences.

For their study, the researchers surveyed 304 American adults using Amazon’s Mechanical Turk. The participants completed measures of psychopathy, empathy, political beliefs, and political affiliation.

The study was based on the triarchic conceptualization of psychopathy, which breaks psychopathy down into three facets: boldness, meanness, and disinhibition.
Psychopathic boldness and meanness tended to be higher in Republicans than Democrats, according to the researchers’ findings, though disinhibition did not appear linked to political views.

In other words, Republicans were more likely to agree with statements such as “I don’t mind if someone I dislike gets hurt”, “I taunt people just to stir things up,” “I can get over things that would traumatize others,” and “I never worry about making a fool of myself with others.”
But whether people agreed with statements like “I get in trouble for not considering the consequences of my actions” was unrelated to their politics.​

Psychopathic boldness and meanness tended to be higher in Republicans than Democrats, according to the researchers’ findings, though disinhibition did not appear linked to political views.

In other words, Republicans were more likely to agree with statements such as “I don’t mind if someone I dislike gets hurt”, “I taunt people just to stir things up,” “I can get over things that would traumatize others,” and “I never worry about making a fool of myself with others.”
But whether people agreed with statements like “I get in trouble for not considering the consequences of my actions” was unrelated to their politics.​
PsyPost noted, however, that the study includes some limitations — it used just one measure of psychopathy, and the differences between Republican and Democratic affiliation were statistically significant but relatively small nonetheless. Study: Psychopathic Traits Are Higher In People Who Identify As Republicans - The Intellectualist republicans are crazy and evil and need to be put in camps