Supreme Court Lifts Hold On Same-Sex Weddings In Idaho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 2014
United States
Supreme Court Lifts Hold On Same-Sex Weddings In Idaho

The Supreme Court says same-sex marriage can go ahead in Idaho.

The court issued an order Friday that appears to remove the last legal obstacle keeping gay and lesbian couples from getting married in the conservative state.

The federal appeals court in San Francisco on Tuesday declared gay marriage bans illegal in Idaho and Nevada.
All right.

You know, I'm not Dominionist Corporate Cult member, but if I were, I'd say my god was really pissed at me and didn't love me anymore. I'd take my family and go fight ISIL in the Middle East to try to get on God's better side.

;)

Reactions: 2 people
Jul 2014
massachusetts
Jimmy will be by shortly to tell us that this means nothing and the court is just taking it's time before it rolls all of this back.... because in the Federalists papers same sex marriage was denounced....

Jun 2012
Barsoom
Only from the position of raw ignorance can these court rulings be construed as impactful on a national level or impactful to the Supreme Court.

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
Only from the position of raw ignorance can these court rulings be construed as impactful on a national level or impactful to the Supreme Court.
Huh?

Same sex couples are now getting married where before they could not.

How is that not "impactful" on a national level?

Furthermore, given the actions of the Supreme Court, it seems very unlikely that the Supreme Court is going to get involved unless one of the circuit courts rules against same sex marriage.

The (non) action by the Supreme Court has effectively struck down same sex marriage bans in a majority of the states in the country, how is that NOT "impactful" on a national level?

(This ought to be good)

Jun 2012
Barsoom
Huh?

Same sex couples are now getting married where before they could not.

How is that not "impactful" on a national level?

Furthermore, given the actions of the Supreme Court, it seems very unlikely that the Supreme Court is going to get involved unless one of the circuit courts rules against same sex marriage.

The (non) action by the Supreme Court has effectively struck down same sex marriage bans in a majority of the states in the country, how is that NOT "impactful" on a national level?

(This ought to be good)
A circuit court does not have to actually rule for them to get it in front of the Supreme Court. I will let you explain how with your legal expertise.

The not granting cert effectively did nothing.

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
A circuit court does not have to actually rule for them to get it in front of the Supreme Court. I will let you explain how with your legal expertise.

The not granting cert effectively did nothing.
Sure, all those same sex couples are getting married in Nevada, Idaho, Virginia, North Carolina (and other states) because the Supreme Court "effectively did nothing"....LOL

I've always wondered, what's the weather like there in fantasyland jimmy?

Reactions: 1 person
Jun 2012
Barsoom
Sure, all those same sex couples are getting married in Nevada, Idaho, Virginia, North Carolina (and other states) because the Supreme Court "effectively did nothing"....LOL

I've always wondered, what's the weather like there in fantasyland jimmy?
I am waiting on you to tell me how an appellate court can get it in front of the Supreme Court without ruling as you stated that was the only way.

The Supreme Court effectively did nothing that was not already done. Stop grasping at straws and answer the question.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
I am waiting on you to tell me how an appellate court can get it in front of the Supreme Court without ruling as you stated that was the only way.

The Supreme Court effectively did nothing that was not already done. Stop grasping at straws and answer the question.
The Supreme court just extended same sex marriage to 11 states with one action, and you consider that to be "effectively nothing"?

Jun 2012
Barsoom
The Supreme court just extended same sex marriage to 11 states with one action, and you consider that to be "effectively nothing"?
Someone needs to run to The Google and learn the difference between mandatory appellate review and certiorari. Check back with me when you have accomplished that task; and keep your liberal/commie conjecture in the sewer where it belongs.

Status
Not open for further replies.