Survial of the richest

Dec 2015
Arizona
Yes, absolutely. For that's what built this country from its very beginning: welfare subsidies. For the poor cannot truly be happy unless they're dependent on the compulsory, charitable contribution of others. After all, why work to make your life better when the labor of others can do it for you?

#Gimme
OH BOY---here we go. Another typical Republican talking point---the source of all our grief--all our woes: Welfare.
GAWD, you people are astonishingly BORING. Don't you ever get tired of the same old tripe?

AND then this statement which is so glaringly FALSE it's funny: "For that's what built this country from its beginning"?
LMAO---I immediately had a vision of some little Pilgrim woman (Welfare Queen) in her black belted dress and white dutch cap--feet up in her recliner eating a box of bon-bons---in a tiny wooden-frame house of sticks. AH!! What a life!

You might want to get off your ASS and work in a soup kitchen, Nat. You might want to volunteer at a food pantry or women's shelter. You might want to find out WHO ALL THESE sneaky, devious people are and HOW they got where they are. Then get back to us.
But of course you aren't interested in getting to the ROOT of the issue--or getting to know REAL people who find themselves in the throes of poverty because of their disabilities, their health, their mental/emotional state, are you?
It's just much easier to piss and moan about POOR NAT--being taken advantage of---while others LIVE in the lap of luxury off YOUR hard work.

Reactions: GluteusMaximus
Dec 2015
Arizona
Clara, with all due respect, you have absolutely no idea what kind of life I've led or of the challenges that I've faced -- just as I have no idea what you've had to deal with in your life. That you find yourself having to assert things about me of which you know nothing should be a kind of wake up call for you. You're having to invent things to justify your argument; not a good sign.
I didn't assert a single thing. I asked you this question: "Or are you one of those lucky few who has led a charmed life? If so, I congratulate you and hope you will always BE so fortunate."
So who's inventing things?

Dec 2018
New England
You might want to get off your ASS and work in a soup kitchen, Nat. You might want to volunteer at a food pantry or women's shelter. You might want to find out WHO ALL THESE sneaky, devious people are and HOW they got where they are. Then get back to us.
Again, you spout off about things you know not. You have absolutely no idea what charitable work I do or contributions I make. You sit there at your keyboard rattling on as if you're an authority on my life and entitled to pass judgement. You're not. On these points, you are ignorant.

Dec 2015
Arizona
Again, you spout off about things you know not. You have absolutely no idea what charitable work I do or contributions I make. You sit there at your keyboard rattling on as if you're an authority on my life and entitled to pass judgement. You're not. On these points, you are ignorant.
Oooohhh--did I touch a nerve? SORRY!

Sep 2019
Marietta GA USA - Russia
Yes, absolutely. For that's what built this country from its very beginning: welfare subsidies. For the poor cannot truly be happy unless they're dependent on the compulsory, charitable contribution of others. After all, why work to make your life better when the labor of others can do it for you?
This is one of the fairy tales of the capitalists: Work and work will make you free and rich. This slogan can make you a petty proprietor, but it will never make you a multimillionaire, the one who actually rules the capitalist world. It has been said a very long time ago and still true: All major fortunes are based on crime.

Dec 2018
New England
This slogan can make you a petty proprietor, but it will never make you a multimillionaire
Straw-man alert!

No one here is making an argument for how to be a multi-millionaire. It's a discussion of poverty and how best to alleviate it.

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
This is one of the fairy tales of the capitalists: Work and work will make you free and rich. This slogan can make you a petty proprietor, but it will never make you a multimillionaire, the one who actually rules the capitalist world. It has been said a very long time ago and still true: All major fortunes are based on crime.
Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg didn't commit crimes on their way to getting rich. People now are questioning the ethics of some of their business practices, but those are not crimes against current laws.

Some ultrarich got that way through crime, but many did it through building a better mousetrap.

Reactions: Clara007
Aug 2019
Albuquerque, NM
The scum benefiting most from destroying our world are looking to completely avoid any PERSONAL consequences for their actions. Happily, they'll die off when the rest of us do, maybe after a few years of clinging to the rim living a life worse than death.
It astonishes me how incredibly greedy these people are. Many are millionaires and billioanires, and they still spend billions in money to get politicians to give them even more money. They and their family could live lush lives for generations on what they have already, and that's not good enough. No, they need more, who cares who they screw to get it. Those people are truly disgusting. That's what happened during the French Revolution and look how that turned out for the rich.

If we can get the right to stop sucking the 1% dicks and buying into pro-rich propaganda, we could fight back.

Aug 2019
Albuquerque, NM

#Gimme
As usual, you spewing complete bullshit. The poor can't get money because of the greed of others. Many welfare recipients work, many even full time. They get paid poverty wages by the greedy scumbags that run these companies. This "gimme" is just what simple minded, ignorant people how have no argument deflect to. And not everybody poor is lazy. In fact, many have to work multiple jobs just to survive, and still may need help. Because of the greedy scumbag companies that only care about enriching their execs and shareholders

Reactions: Clara007