Survial of the richest

Dec 2018
New England
The poor can't get money because of the greed of others.
That is commonly cited dogma from you folks, but it's not reality. In fact, it's far more likely -- at least in this country -- that individual behavior is what drives poverty. Make the right long-term decisions and your chance of winding up poor in the United States are quite small.

Dec 2015
Arizona
That is commonly cited dogma from you folks, but it's not reality. In fact, it's far more likely -- at least in this country -- that individual behavior is what drives poverty. Make the right long-term decisions and your chance of winding up poor in the United States are quite small.
I love how you do that thing you do, Nat. You know?? The thing about taking ONE SENTENCE out of a paragraph and using THAT as your "that's all she wrote" so I'll address that. Just that. How long did it take you to perfect that little strategy?
Why don't you address the REST of the story? The rest of Lloyd's points? You are so FAR GONE RWing I'll bet the LEFT turn signal on your car doesn't even work.
AND BTW, what charitable work DO YOU DO?

Dec 2018
New England
I love how you do that thing you do, Nat. You know?? The thing about taking ONE SENTENCE out of a paragraph and using THAT as your "that's all she wrote" so I'll address that. Just that. How long did it take you to perfect that little strategy?
Why don't you address the REST of the story? The rest of Lloyd's points? You are so FAR GONE RWing I'll bet the LEFT turn signal on your car doesn't even work.
AND BTW, what charitable work DO YOU DO?
I comment on the things I wish to and no more.

Do tell. When it comes to choosing what to comment on here, whom do you take your orders from?

Dec 2015
Arizona
I comment on the things I wish to and no more.

Do tell. When it comes to choosing what to comment on here, whom do you take your orders from?
I don't take orders. I rarely even take suggestions. I would have bet the farm that you wouldn't answer my questions. Actually I don't have the family farm anymore, but IF I HAD A FARM---I would have bet it.
You should try surprising me once in a while.

Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains

"Last year, I got invited to a super-deluxe private resort to deliver a keynote speech to what I assumed would be a hundred or so investment bankers...
The audiences are rarely interested in learning about these technologies or their potential impacts beyond the binary choice of whether or not to invest in them. But money talks, so I took the gig.
After I arrived, I was ushered into what I thought was the green room. But instead of being wired with a microphone or taken to a stage, I just sat there at a plain round table as my audience was brought to me: five super-wealthy guys — yes, all men — from the upper echelon of the hedge fund world. After a bit of small talk, I realized they had no interest in the information I had prepared about the future of technology. They had come with questions of their own...
Slowly but surely, however, they edged into their real topics of concern.
Which region will be less impacted by the coming climate crisis: New Zealand or Alaska? Is Google really building Ray Kurzweil a home for his brain, and will his consciousness live through the transition, or will it die and be reborn as a whole new one? Finally, the CEO of a brokerage house explained that he had nearly completed building his own underground bunker system and asked, “How do I maintain authority over my security force after the event?”
I would call that the "Howard Hughes Syndrome"... consider how that worked out for him. I think Warren Buffet and Melinda Gates might be among the mentally healthiest uber-rich people.

Dec 2018
New England
I don't take orders. I rarely even take suggestions. I would have bet the farm that you wouldn't answer my questions. Actually I don't have the family farm anymore, but IF I HAD A FARM---I would have bet it.
You should try surprising me once in a while.
I have. You expressed surprise over my stance on the Trump impeachment.

FWIW, I eagarly await my first read of a not-easily-predicted political opinion from you.

Oct 2019
USA

"Last year, I got invited to a super-deluxe private resort to deliver a keynote speech to what I assumed would be a hundred or so investment bankers...
The audiences are rarely interested in learning about these technologies or their potential impacts beyond the binary choice of whether or not to invest in them. But money talks, so I took the gig.
After I arrived, I was ushered into what I thought was the green room. But instead of being wired with a microphone or taken to a stage, I just sat there at a plain round table as my audience was brought to me: five super-wealthy guys — yes, all men — from the upper echelon of the hedge fund world. After a bit of small talk, I realized they had no interest in the information I had prepared about the future of technology. They had come with questions of their own...
Slowly but surely, however, they edged into their real topics of concern.
Which region will be less impacted by the coming climate crisis: New Zealand or Alaska? Is Google really building Ray Kurzweil a home for his brain, and will his consciousness live through the transition, or will it die and be reborn as a whole new one? Finally, the CEO of a brokerage house explained that he had nearly completed building his own underground bunker system and asked, “How do I maintain authority over my security force after the event?”
What makes the rich "rich"?