Survial of the richest

Oct 2019
USA
No, mostly it’s earned.
True, but someone voluntarily contracts to give it to them - whether through a customer buying their product, an employer paying them a wage, a family donating an inheritance to them.

So on some level, if people are disgusted by the "rich", they need to stop giving the "rich" their money. And given history, I doubt that that will "ever happen".

Most people in a 1st world country have all their basic material needs provided, and live "rich" compared to people in 3rd world countries (in 1st world countries, the poor are more obese than the rich are), so many if not most of the envy of the rich isn't based on "a lack of material needs".

Sep 2019
Marietta GA USA - Russia
No, mostly it’s earned.
It's true. To a certain level. From this certain level of wealth, money is not earned, but stolen, taken away and robbed. And only this level matters in capitalist economy and politics.
"...Tens of thousands of largest enterprises - everything; millions of small ones are nothing." V. Lenin - Always remember this.
Of course keep in mind, that concenration of the largest enterprises after 100 years reduced the amount of them.

Last edited:
Dec 2018
New England
It's true. To a certain level. From this certain level of wealth, money is not earned, but stolen, taken away and robbed. And only this level matters in capitalist economy and politics.
"...Tens of thousands of largest enterprises - everything; millions of small ones are nothing." V. Lenin - Always remember this.
Of course keep in mind, that concenration of the largest enterprises after 100 years reduced the amount of them.
Too many on your side of the fence advocate for policies that presume the wealth was not earned.

Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
That is commonly cited dogma from you folks, but it's not reality. In fact, it's far more likely -- at least in this country -- that individual behavior is what drives poverty. Make the right long-term decisions and your chance of winding up poor in the United States are quite small.
Individuals are generally motivated for the same rewards. The issue of initiative is important, but is used too often by folks like NatMorton to excuse correctable circumstances and preventable social unfairness. Also, you only know you made the "right" decisions after you behave just as NatMorton thinks you should behave. He will now argue for culture of poverty, likely, as though people choose to be poor. Perhaps the hippies or religious ascetics value poverty; everyone else values the good life of luxury.

May 2019
US
Prove it.
Prove that Amazon got it's money by trading it's services? Prove that iphones and MacBooks in people's hands explain the money in Apple's accounts? It's obvious.
Look, a crime must be proven if a crime is alleged. The fact that wealth comes from the free and voluntary exchange of marketed goods and services is apparent. Claiming the alternative puts the onus of proof on you.
Also, poor people are not a category of specific persons (neither are 1 percenters) who stay in their caste. Most people don't stay poor. For those that do, it usually has much more to do with disability or lifestyle than anything being taken from them.
While I'm sure you'll like me to present the evidentiary stats for you, before I do I'll need some evidence that anything of mine is stolen. Good luck.

May 2019
US
The Ovarian Lottery
Inheriting the genes for a propensity toward conscientiousness doesn't change the fact that the effort is put forth by the conscientious person.
You may not have chosen your work ethic, but the work is still necessary for you to claim the ethic as yours.