SUVs, why do people drive these things?

May 2018
none
Dreadful, ugly and just bad all around. Why?

I HATE these awful vehicles. Why would anyone want one? If any of you have one, yes- I'm calling you out. Because yes, you suck.

May 2018
none
Before anyone says anything, I have an Audi A3 that gets me 42 mpg on the highway and 26 in town.

Explain to me why anyone needs an SUV for everyday driving that gets 12 MPG.

Sep 2019
U.S.A.
I wanted a reliable and adaptable vehicle that looks bad ass....so We have this, exactly this but black.

Marcus Livius

Former Staff
Sep 2017
Hell
Before anyone says anything, I have an Audi A3 that gets me 42 mpg on the highway and 26 in town.

Before anyone says anything, anyone driving a A3 really have no need drive other than out of vanity.

I think you should buy a bus pass and ride a bicycle.

Reactions: Manny Simms
Dec 2015
Arizona
Arizona is a whole different ballgame where vehicles are concerned. It's still the Wild West here so pick-up trucks are the "NEW" must-haves, plus the drivers must also have their guns, baseball cap, t-shirt and jeans. These monster trucks are horrible. AND I understand what the guy is saying about the huge vehicles/SUVs. I have heard the ol' "I want plenty of metal around me if someone runs into me" repeatedly. So I get it, but for those of us who have smaller, standard size SUVs? Well, we've got our reasons.
We used to travel a lot--road trips---with a dog. SUVs are perfect for all sorts of reasons. Comfort, visibility, storage and room for the dog in the back.
In town, Mr. Clara drives his golf cart and I drive a Smart car. It works well for us.

Feb 2020
dfw, texas
Dreadful, ugly and just bad all around. Why?

I HATE these awful vehicles. Why would anyone want one? If any of you have one, yes- I'm calling you out. Because yes, you suck.

they make sense for most families, for anyone who ever goes on trips, for anyone who ever carries anything bigger than what the average car can handle. and most of them look better than most cars, are more comfortable and get about the same gas mileage if you shop around for those that get good gas mileage. who gives a shit if you don't like it? the fact a punk like you doesn't like them is a good reason why they are so cool.

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.

SOME people need them. IF I had a boat or a camper I'd need an SUV or PU to haul it. That sort of thing. We had them when I was a kid, we just called them station wagons.
Just a "fad' thing, pushed hard by the automotive industry because the things are just so profitable.
As for me I'll stick to my Sonata that gets 42 mpg on the freeway and high 20's to low 30's in the city. The cheap gas will not last forever.

Reactions: Clara007