Take That Skirt and Shove it, DOJ!

Dec 2015
Arizona
What year is this? Last time I checked it was 2019--NOT 1919--and yet we have our Dept of Justice (the Trump administration) going to court to get trans people fired and force women to dress like Christian conservatives think they should, which in their world means WOMEN SHOULD BE FORCED TO wear skirts.
This term, the Supreme Court will hear a case, R.G. & G.R. Harris Funeral Homes Inc. v. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), to determine whether trans employees can be fired simply for being trans.

A lower court ruled last year that Harris Funeral Homes broke the law when they fired Aimee Stephens, a woman who began transitioning in 2013. Harris Funeral Homes is owned by conservative Christians who objected to people transitioning. The company also forced all employees to abide by strict gender roles in clothing: Men had to wear suits and ties, and women had to wear skirts and jackets.

It gets worse. The DOJ brief endorses the view of the funeral home owner, Thomas Rost, who said "the Bible teaches that it is wrong for a biological male to deny his sex by dressing as a woman or for a biological female to deny her sex by dressing as a man" and that he would fire any woman who refused to wear a skirt while at work.

You read that right. It's 2019, and the government is arguing that businesses should be allowed to force women to wear skirts at work as long as a Christian business owner demands it.
The administration is ostensibly going after trans people here, but really they're going after everyone who doesn't want the religious values of extremely conservative Christians imposed on them. Sadly, thanks to Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh, they've now got a Supreme Court that will likely hand the Trump administration and Christian conservatives a win.

DOJ says Christian employers should be allowed to make women wear skirts

Dec 2015
Arizona
AND...take a gander at this little gem from Independent Baptist.com:
Here are many different reasons why I believe (based on the Bible) that God would have me wear skirts instead of pants.

1. God Wants There To Be A Distinction Between The Sexes
2. Wearing Skirts Easily Adorns A Woman In Modesty
3. A Lady Wearing A Skirt Is Easily Identified As A Christian

This is me: Yeah. It starts with the little things. One minute your a good Christian girl adorned a skirt--a pious, modest, easily-recognized Christian and the next minute (after you put on a pair of hot pants) you're a HOOKER, workin' in an Amsterdam red-light district. See how easily it happens!
The author: Then before you know it, you’re finding reasons why it’s okay to miss church, drink alcohol, or have improper conduct with the opposite sex, all because you started becoming concerned with how much you can get away with, and the process often starts with something like dress standards.
This is not the attitude of a Christian. The attitude of a Christian ought to be “How much can I do to please my Savior?” Please do not go down the wrong road.
Author: Grace Raab
3 Reasons Why I Wear Skirts Full-Time

RNG

Apr 2013
La La Land North
Here are many different reasons why I believe (based on the Bible) that God would have me wear skirts instead of pants.

This is me: Yeah. It starts with the little things. One minute your a good Christian girl adorned a skirt--a pious, modest, easily-recognized Christian and the next minute (after you put on a pair of hot pants) you're a HOOKER, workin' in an Amsterdam red-light district. See how easily it happens!
The author: Then before you know it, you’re finding reasons why it’s okay to miss church, drink alcohol, or have improper conduct with the opposite sex, all because you started becoming concerned with how much you can get away with, and the process often starts with something like dress standards.
This is not the attitude of a Christian. The attitude of a Christian ought to be “How much can I do to please my Savior?” Please do not go down the wrong road.
Here's some modesty for you.

Aug 2019
Florida
Do a little research. There are 3 cases going to the supreme court about this issue. All are concerning the civil rights act of 1964. Is sex discrimination sexual orientation discrimination.

Last edited:
Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio

Women have different plumbing than men and why they wear skirts

Nov 2012
nirvana
What year is this? Last time I checked it was 2019--NOT 1919--and yet we have our Dept of Justice (the Trump administration) going to court to get trans people fired and force women to dress like Christian conservatives think they should, which in their world means WOMEN SHOULD BE FORCED TO wear skirts.
This term, the Supreme Court will hear a case, R.G. & G.R. Harris Funeral Homes Inc. v. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), to determine whether trans employees can be fired simply for being trans.

A lower court ruled last year that Harris Funeral Homes broke the law when they fired Aimee Stephens, a woman who began transitioning in 2013. Harris Funeral Homes is owned by conservative Christians who objected to people transitioning. The company also forced all employees to abide by strict gender roles in clothing: Men had to wear suits and ties, and women had to wear skirts and jackets.

It gets worse. The DOJ brief endorses the view of the funeral home owner, Thomas Rost, who said "the Bible teaches that it is wrong for a biological male to deny his sex by dressing as a woman or for a biological female to deny her sex by dressing as a man" and that he would fire any woman who refused to wear a skirt while at work.

You read that right. It's 2019, and the government is arguing that businesses should be allowed to force women to wear skirts at work as long as a Christian business owner demands it.
The administration is ostensibly going after trans people here, but really they're going after everyone who doesn't want the religious values of extremely conservative Christians imposed on them. Sadly, thanks to Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh, they've now got a Supreme Court that will likely hand the Trump administration and Christian conservatives a win.

Gorsuch and Kavanaugh are what is going to continue flipping state legislatures for Democrats. It's the law of unintended consequences, of packing the court with religious nutjobs, the right can't see coming, in the face of a fast changing country, switching to non believing young people, more in line with Liberals socially.

Dec 2015
Arizona
Gorsuch and Kavanaugh are what is going to continue flipping state legislatures for Democrats. It's the law of unintended consequences, of packing the court with religious nutjobs, the right can't see coming, in the face of a fast changing country, switching to non believing young people, more in line with Liberals socially.
What next? Burkas?

Reactions: skews13
Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.

not sure how i come down on this

certainly "the bible teaches" is horse manure but it should be perfectly fine for any business to have a dress code