Tell Congress: Restore the Voting Rights Act

Feb 2006
California
President Barack Obama: “Right now, in 2015, fifty years after Selma, there are laws across this country designed to make it harder for people to vote… Meanwhile, the Voting Rights Act, the culmination of so much blood and sweat and tears, the product of so much sacrifice in the face of wanton violence, stands weakened, its future subject to partisan rancor.”

After much Republican delay, President Obama recently called on Congress to restore the Voting Rights Act, an essential protection for minority voters in battleground states across the country.

Please sign the petition from Daily Kos and the Democratic Governors Association to stand with President Obama in demanding that Congress stop playing games and restore the Voting Rights Act immediately.

https://www.dailykos.com/campaigns/1207?tag=20150417sp2

Jun 2014
United States
President Barack Obama: “Right now, in 2015, fifty years after Selma, there are laws across this country designed to make it harder for people to vote… Meanwhile, the Voting Rights Act, the culmination of so much blood and sweat and tears, the product of so much sacrifice in the face of wanton violence, stands weakened, its future subject to partisan rancor.”

After much Republican delay, President Obama recently called on Congress to restore the Voting Rights Act, an essential protection for minority voters in battleground states across the country.

Please sign the petition from Daily Kos and the Democratic Governors Association to stand with President Obama in demanding that Congress stop playing games and restore the Voting Rights Act immediately.

https://www.dailykos.com/campaigns/1207?tag=20150417sp2

Thanks. Have signed the petition. Old white men are dying off. It's time we quit letting their hatred of others stop our nation from going forward.

Reactions: 2 people
Dec 2012
California
Thanks. Have signed the petition. Old white men are dying off. It's time we quit letting their hatred of others stop our nation from going forward.
So, colored hatred takes over? Have you looked around? Have you paid attention? Demographics are changing and with it, stagnation and crime run amuck. What you wish for is happening and you will be stuck with it. Progress? 93-million out of work and millions more have stopped looking. Millions on welfare and food stamps. Actual unemployment in the double digits. This nation will not survive your type of progress.

Aug 2014
Earth

------------------------------
Isn't the Voting Rights Act still a law? It is illegal to discriminate in a public election in the United States, these issues were settled in 1964-1965 Federal anti descrimination acts.

So, what the hell is Obama talking about? Did he site one example of an authority violating someone to lawfully vote in recent memory? So, what is he talking about? In most states in the United States, felons cannot lawfully vote, even after they have completed their obligation to authority and is off parole. Is this what Obama was talking about? Voter ID? What is wrong with that? It shows that the person can vote in the election by where the person lives. I am from Tennessee and a big Rand Paul supporter, but I cannot just hop the stateline. "How dare you won't let me vote in a Kentucky election because I am not from Kentucky. Discrimination!" I mean, duh.

I would dare say that some to most of the mayors in the capitols of the "Old South" states is actually black. More telling is that one of the United States Senators from South Carolina is........BLACK as Hootie. Two southern states actually have South Asian Americans as state governors. They are all Republicans so I guess they don't count. So lastly, what was Obama talking about?

Last edited:
May 2013
Massachusetts

------------------------------
Isn't the Voting Rights Act still a law? It is illegal to discriminate in a public election in the United States, these issues were settled in 1964-1965 Federal anti descrimination acts.

So, what the hell is Obama talking about? Did he site one example of an authority violating someone to lawfully vote in recent memory? So, what is he talking about? In most states in the United States, felons cannot lawfully vote, even after they have completed their obligation to authority and is off parole. Is this what Obama was talking about? Voter ID? What is wrong with that? It shows that the person can vote in the election by living I. The district or state where the election is held.

I would dare say that some to most of the mayors in the capitols of the "Old South" states is actually black. More telling is that one of the United States Senators from South Carolina is........BLACK as Hootie. Two southern states actually have South Asian Americans as state governors. They are all Republicans so I guess they don't count. So lastly, what was Obama talking about?

All my questions with none of the expletives or crude demeanor.

Somehow, it feels sort of empty to me when you call someone out on their bullshit without outwardly calling them "fucking retarded".

Is it just me?

Jul 2007
NJ
So, colored hatred takes over? Have you looked around? Have you paid attention? Demographics are changing and with it, stagnation and crime run amuck. What you wish for is happening and you will be stuck with it. Progress? 93-million out of work and millions more have stopped looking. Millions on welfare and food stamps. Actual unemployment in the double digits. This nation will not survive your type of progress.
Your profound ignorance about your clear racism is simply astounding.

Reactions: 1 person