Tell Republicans: Stop trashing our democracy

LTP

Mar 2018
Undisclosed Bunker
The ONLY one I can think of, isn't running now. But ran in 1988, 2008 & 2012. That would be Ron Paul. The republican party lied, cheated and physically assaulted people trying to help the man get elected.

Note my reason for despising the GOP.
Yeah, they didn't amuse me on that one either. I could never figure out what they had against the man. Since Paul wanted to audit the Federal Reserve, challenge the income tax and really take a bite out of fraud and waste, it amazes me that so many of what we thought were good guys gave Ron Paul a Pearl Harbor attack to sabotage his campaign.

Reactions: YoursTruly
Apr 2019
America
Stop with the mob rule talking point, dude. "We the people" are the "mob" you're talking about. And you're making us all out to be a bunch of thugs. The REAL thugs are the Trumps, Pelosi's, Warrens, Grahams, etc etc etc. Republicans and democrats.
You equate the American people with a mob? I say we stop right there. Mobs are violent, mobs are intolerant, mobs are dangerous. Still in a mob?

Sep 2019
Here
You equate the American people with a mob? I say we stop right there. Mobs are violent, mobs are intolerant, mobs are dangerous. Still in a mob?
You're the one doing the equating, bub. "We the people" aren't all thugs and gangs. That would be the R & D's in DC and our state capitals to do the bidding of the lobbyists. We just end up with their mob crap being shoveled on us. That includes Trumps craps.

Sep 2019
Here
Yeah, they didn't amuse me on that one either. I could never figure out what they had against the man. Since Paul wanted to audit the Federal Reserve, challenge the income tax and really take a bite out of fraud and waste, it amazes me that so many of what we thought were good guys gave Ron Paul a Pearl Harbor attack to sabotage his campaign.
He had a plan to cut $1 trillion of now spending, and not touch one dime of social security. Of course, the R & D's would never allow anything like to happen. But IIRC, he's the ONLY candidate that had a plan to cut anything now. It's usually supposed to be strung out over 5 or 10 years.
Which mean that the year the cuts are supposed to start, they change everything back to the way it was before.

I'm almost amazed that there are still Trump supporters who believe that Trump is still going to balance the budget. HA HA HA HA HA.. Seriously.

LTP

Mar 2018
Undisclosed Bunker
He had a plan to cut $1 trillion of now spending, and not touch one dime of social security. Of course, the R & D's would never allow anything like to happen. But IIRC, he's the ONLY candidate that had a plan to cut anything now. It's usually supposed to be strung out over 5 or 10 years.
Which mean that the year the cuts are supposed to start, they change everything back to the way it was before.

I'm almost amazed that there are still Trump supporters who believe that Trump is still going to balance the budget. HA HA HA HA HA.. Seriously.
This thread is wrong on so many levels. Democrats are whining about Republicans trashing the democracy - which they are not. Furthermore, IF they were, that would be their job since we are guaranteed a Republican Form of Government in the Constitution. Meanwhile we lament the demise of America's last great leader, Ron Paul.

Neither side seems to understand that the majority of the American people don't vote. A large percentage of Americans never even register. Is that due to our lackadaisical public education or that most of the candidates running would fail the citizenship test required of foreigners in order to become Americans?

I don't see a uniting force and I don't see anyone among the Democrats running for president that I would trust with my life. None of the candidates understand that as long as you have the Federal Reserve (which is no more "Federal" than Federal Express) you cannot pay off the national debt. The Democrats do not want to end the income tax and get rid of the IRS. Outside of promising to play the part of Santa Claus, I'm not seeing any benefit to giving the Ds any more power and we need to find a way to send a STRONG message to the Rs.

Reactions: YoursTruly
Jul 2019
Georgia
Did you forget that you told me you was a Ron Paul supporter, back in the day. And knew about the BS the R's did to him in the 2012 election?
I was. More so in 08 than in 12

still don't think there was a "demise" so to speak. I think his fail was running as a Republican in 2012, but that was his choice.