Tennessee becomes the first state to ban BLM and antifa from shutting down schools

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
The Tennessee law will expressly prohibit the use of so-called “free speech zones” to limit the areas of campus on which certain viewpoints can be heard. University administrators are prohibited from rescinding the invitations from students or faculty of speakers with whom they disagree or fear will cause disruption.

The law also demands campuses use the actual legal definition of student-on-student “harassment” handed down by the Supreme Court, behavior “so severe, pervasive, and objectively offensive, and that so undermines and detracts from the victims’ educational experience, that the victim-students are effectively denied equal access to an institution’s resources and opportunities.”

https://www.google.com/amp/www.brei...ost-comprehensive-campus-free-speech-law/amp/

Tennessee is First State To Ban BLM and Antifa on Campuses ? Daily Headlines

A move in the right direction.

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
Not that I agree with them in any way, but I don't see where those organizations are banned. They are now prohibited from disrupting and trying to scare off speakers they disagree with. But the law actually protects them too (as long as they don't create trouble).

Not a bad law at all though.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
Not that I agree with them in any way, but I don't see where those organizations are banned. They are now prohibited from disrupting and trying to scare off speakers they disagree with. But the law actually protects them too (as long as they don't create trouble).

Not a bad law at all though.
You are correct that they are not specifically mentioned but it does address the actions of those terrorist groups or any other that would act in that way.

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
I would agree antifa is a terrorist group. Free speech is one thing. Even calling for violence might even be protected. But, to actually call for it, organize it then execute it. Yes, I believe the antifa groups are terrorists.
I repeat....:lol::lol::lol:....B)

Apr 2017
West Virginia
I repeat....:lol::lol::lol:....B)
https://itsgoingdown.org/bloc-party-may-punches-hit-nazis/

That is one of many examples. They preach, condone and encourage violence against those who disagree.They decide who wears what label and they denounce those they choose to label as fascist the right of speech. Yet, you laugh even though they have recently burned, destroyed and caused injury to people. I guess I should have said some unnamed sources told me that.