Tennessee detective's church sermon calls for execution of LGBTQ people

May 2018
Chicago
Well this is disturbing:

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. – The Knox County Attorney General's Office said it is reviewing cases involving a Knox County Sheriff's detective who in a June sermon called for the government to arrest and execute LGBTQ community members.

In an hourlong video of the sermon online, Detective Grayson Fritts, also a pastor at All Scripture Baptist Church in Knoxville, Tennessee, tells his congregation that he believes federal, state and county governments should arrest, convict and "speedily" execute LGBTQ people on no more grounds than a cellphone photo showing participation in a Pride event.

Attorney General Charme Allen said she will also assign an assistant district attorney to take complaints about any past cases involving the detective.

“I find this speech personally offensive and reprehensible. As District Attorney, my constitutional obligation is to protect the integrity of the justice system," Allen said in a statement late Wednesday.
Fritts has taken a buyout and is on paid sick leave until the buyout goes into effect in July.

Fritts delivered his sermon June 2 at the church near downtown Knoxville on the first Sunday of Pride Month, which honors the anniversary of the 1969 Stonewall riots, considered a galvanizing moment in the gay rights movement.

Tennessee Equality Project executive director Chris Sanders called the use of religion and a law enforcement position to attack LGBTQ people "particularly reprehensible."
"The symbolism is extremely palpable considering it is Pride Month and the anniversary of the Orlando pulse shooting," Sanders said.
"We hope that there is a thorough quick investigation of this Knox County employee, and if all the facts are confirmed, he should not be in law enforcement."

Fritts screams into the microphone, advocates for police riot teams to haul off Pride participants en masse and uses multiple slurs against the LGBTQ community.
He also targets Christians and others who support the LGBTQ community.
Fritts references his law enforcement career multiple times during the sermon, first telling the congregation "such arrests and executions should be carried out by our government, not Christians," pausing for laughter as he adds, "unless you're a policeman."
Tennessee detective's church sermon calls for execution of LGBTQ people

May 2018
Chicago
Isn't the Taliban more liberal than that lunatic?
No, they're the same. The Taliban kills gay people too. And no one here better use Islam as an excuse. Both extremes are unacceptable. The difference here is, these people are in our country, the Taliban is not. I left organized religion precisely because of people like this. We don't need Islam to blame, we have plenty of these idiots here.

If you can stand watching the whole sermon, here it is:

Last edited:
Dec 2015
Arizona
Disturbing doesn't even begin to cover this kind of hate and be assured, Lee, that this is a guy (like so many others) who hates all sorts of people---not just gays. He hates Christians. He hates people of color, immigrants, Muslims, Jews and probably anyone else who isn't white and straight. Can you imagine going through life filled with hate?? I can't.

These are broken people. I have no idea what's happened to them in their childhood or young life, but they are damaged to the point that they can't be fixed. But that's what hate does. It destroys people.
The good news is that the majority of America people support the gay community. Almost every family in this country has those who are fighting the same battle you are fighting. I have two gay cousins. My cousin Kathy and her partner Sharon (I don't know if they've married yet) have been together for over 20 years. My cousin Chris has married his partner Stephen and both are so happy.
Life will always be fraught with hateful people. Pity them. They will never lead happy lives.

May 2018
Chicago
Disturbing doesn't even begin to cover this kind of hate and be assured, Lee, that this is a guy (like so many others) who hates all sorts of people---not just gays. He hates Christians. He hates people of color, immigrants, Muslims, Jews and probably anyone else who isn't white and straight. Can you imagine going through life filled with hate?? I can't.

These are broken people. I have no idea what's happened to them in their childhood or young life, but they are damaged to the point that they can't be fixed. But that's what hate does. It destroys people.
The good news is that the majority of America people support the gay community. Almost every family in this country has those who are fighting the same battle you are fighting. I have two gay cousins. My cousin Kathy and her partner Sharon (I don't know if they've married yet) have been together for over 20 years. My cousin Chris has married his partner Stephen and both are so happy.
Life will always be fraught with hateful people. Pity them. They will never lead happy lives.
Pity is reserved for people who cannot help their situations. People like this intentionally mean to do what they do. They hurt a lot of other people and they mean to do it. "Pity"? No, Clara. People like this need to be shunned, told they are wrong in no uncertain terms, and rejected.

Being "nice" to or "pitying" people like this is why we end up with people like Trump for president. And we're seeing this kind of thing more and more.

Jul 2018
Earth

The guy is in complete compliance with the biblical ethnocentric Jewish religious fairy tale. The theme condemning homosexuality is consistent throughout the Bible. So, if anyone says that he believes in the Bible, he should own the bias against homosexuals as his own cherished belief. On the flip side, the Bible approves of some forms of rape, multiple marriages, marriage between sister and brother, foreskin collecting, and baby raping. IMO, a person is foolish to rely on the Bible for moral guidance because that is not what it is about.

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
And people say the American Taliban don’t exist !!! They say we can’t allow Sharia law here while proposing exactly the kind of laws sharia would bring with it. Can you imagine if his had come from an Imam at their local mosque ??

I’m almost ashamed to say I live in the same state as this mouth breathing Neanderthal.

May 2018
Chicago
And people say the American Taliban don’t exist !!! They say we can’t allow Sharia law here while proposing exactly the kind of laws sharia would bring with it. Can you imagine if his had come from an Imam at their local mosque ??

I’m almost ashamed to say I live in the same state as this mouth breathing Neanderthal.
It’s ok if they do it. It’s not ok if muslims do it.