Tennessee detective's church sermon calls for execution of LGBTQ people

Apr 2016
Florida
The problem is- he's not a lone wolf:

Let's count Christian ministers who've advocated death for gays

For every one of those, you have to imagine that there are many, many more people who think the same way.

Church videos with harsh words for gays go viral online
We need recognition of sexual orientation in the civil rights act. What gays are facing today is precisely what immigrants faced in the 1800's, women faced in the early 1900's, and blacks since the end of the civil war.

Until then, the federal government should withhold all federal funds sent to this church under current laws.

Sep 2015
Stage Left
We need recognition of sexual orientation in the civil rights act. What gays are facing today is precisely what immigrants faced in the 1800's, women faced in the early 1900's, and blacks since the end of the civil war.

Until then, the federal government should withhold all federal funds sent to this church under current laws.
yeah most people in this country have no clue that LGBTQ people are not protected by anti-discrimination laws. this is terrifying. religious extremists in the US...

Nov 2018
Inner Space
Attempted to watch video and got this message:

This video has been removed for violating YouTube's Terms of Service.

I am glad some folks have recognized the unique problem with law enforcement officers who are hate-filled gun-toting authoritarians and the problems that sort of personality can cause to a society.

Listen to this Reveal podcast dealing with hate groups composed of police:
Hate is all around you

Last edited:
Jul 2018
Earth

I am glad some folks have recognized the unique problem with law enforcement officers who are hate-filled gun-toting authoritarians and the problems that sort of personality can cause to a society.

Hate is all around you
The problem with religions is that believers can't be true to the religious doctrines unless they are bigots.

May 2018
Chicago

Hate is all around you
Yeah, I cannot find the video anywhere anymore. I wish I could unsee it, trust me. It was truly awful.

The most disgusting thing is that this asshole did this during Pride month. We have enough shit to deal with the rest of the year, and indeed daily. All you have to do is look at this forum to see that.

Last edited:
Nov 2018
Inner Space
The problem with religions is that believers can't be true to the religious doctrines unless they are bigots.
Not entirely correct. Consider Unitarian Universalism...for example.
I think they consider atheism to be one of the acceptable views of the universe.
Seems like a church without a serious deity program.

May 2018
Chicago
Not entirely correct. Consider Unitarian Universalism...for example.
I think they consider atheism to be one of the acceptable views of the universe.
Seems like a church without a serious deity program.
Agreed. Clara is a Christian. My parents and most of my family are Christians. They are all awesome and would never say anything like what this pastor did. Quite the opposite. They're wanting me to get married ASAP. But these things take time. ;)

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
Isn't the Taliban more liberal than that lunatic?
Any Taliban that also happen to be a Tennessee Country Sherriff's Dept. Dectective?
Why in the fuck would you think Talibam members are, in any way, liberal? For that matter, why would you think this idiot Destitive/pastor is liberal?
Please explain.