Texas Judge Strikes Down Obama’s Affordable Care Act as Unconstitutional

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
I'd like somone sane to waigh in on this is this anything to worry about or just more kook right postering? i for one NEVER like the affordable care act, it seemd like a rube goldberg invention that was a nice subsidy for insurance comopanies, what i want and what we should ave is medicare and medicaid covering everyone of every age... like canada or the uk or australia which is a better system judging by life expectancy and infant mortality rates being significantly bette there.. how bad is this? Texas Judge Strikes Down Obama’s Affordable Care Act as Unconstitutional

The Justice Department’s response to the case was highly unusual: though it disagreed with the plaintiffs that the entire law should be struck down, it declined this year to defend not just the individual mandate, but the law’s provisions that protect people with pre-existing conditions. That prompted a coalition of 16 states and the District of Columbia, led by California, to intervene and defend the law.

On Friday night, a spokeswoman for Xavier Becerra, the California attorney general, said California and the other defendant states would challenge the ruling with an appeal in the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit in New Orleans.

Texas Judge Strikes Down Obama’s Affordable Care Act as Unconstitutional