The Arctic's 'last bastion' of sea ice is breaking up for the first time on record

Apr 2013
La La Land North
Forest fires are due to man you are correct, NOT WARMING Humans stop natural burns which keep the dead under brush from reaching critical levels.

The lack of natural burns has caused dead brush, leaves, and other under growth to become a very large fuel source for fires.
DERP

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
Saw an article this week about the permafrost in parts of Siberia. The scientist that monitor it have found it is thawing. What has always been solid frozen ground, even in summer, is now soft and slushy.

Oct 2010
Colorado
This warming period began 10,000 years ago.. I don't Think Ug the Cro-Magnon driving is SU-Mastodon had anything to do with it.

Remember Bolder CO was under the Ice Caps at that time. So was Louisville KY, and Lema Peru and Sydney Australia and Paris France

You could have stopped with "I don't think," but thanks for your opinion.

You live with it. Your kind prevented taking steps to reduce humanity's carbon footprint. Possibly, the rate of change could have been slowed giving us time to prepare for what's coming.

But instead morons like you, a definite minority btw, backed by big corporations have ensured the maximum amount of death and destruction that will result in a warming episode perhaps never before seen on Earth.

Thanks buddies. My grandchildren owe you one.

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
Saw an article this week about the permafrost in parts of Siberia. The scientist that monitor it have found it is thawing. What has always been solid frozen ground, even in summer, is now soft and slushy.

Except during Natural warming period cycles. which this warming period is

Oct 2010
Colorado
And to add to the cascade effect, studies are showing that the forest fires in northern Canada and Europe/Russia and the resulting black coloration resulting is accelerating the rate of permafrost loss, which of course accelerates the rate of clathrate dissipation to methane and water, with the methane entering the atmosphere.

A tipping point is a real thing.
But idiots like TN want to keep debating just so they don't have to admit they are wrong.

Indeed, we don't understand climatology well enough to know where these tipping points lay.

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
You could have stopped with "I don't think," but thanks for your opinion.

You live with it. Your kind prevented taking steps to reduce humanity's carbon footprint. Possibly, the rate of change could have been slowed giving us time to prepare for what's coming.

But instead morons like you, a definite minority btw, backed by big corporations have ensured the maximum amount of death and destruction that will result in a warming episode perhaps never before seen on Earth.

Thanks buddies. My grandchildren owe you one.

Once again IF WE DO NOT HAVE THESE NATURAL WARMING PERIODS THE FRESH WATER TABLES INLAND NEVER REPLINISH.

warming and cooling cycles

Oct 2010
Colorado
Also this is the COOLEST of the 5 warming periods, 4 previous warming periods were warmer than this period. To find a cooler warming period you have to look at the warming period ~700,000 years ago
Let's see, were 7+ billion people living on earth during any of those warming periods?

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
But idiots like TN want to keep debating just so they don't have to admit they are wrong.

Indeed, we don't understand climatology well enough to know where these tipping points lay.
People like you that don't want to admit the cycle is natural.

If it was UNNATURAL it would not be following the frequncey of the cycle and it would be UNNATURALLY WARM..