The attack on Christianity continues!

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
Read her posts, if that doesn't help read her posts, she is 90% emotion 10% brain in her posts.
I’ve read her posts. That really isn’t what I asked for. What FACTS have led to your opinion.

(BTW, I could say the same about your posts. 90% emotion, 10% brain. It could be that she is just trying to communicate at your level)

Feb 2014
Oregon
Yes, I find Christians equally frightening and they are better armed. They have a very bloody history and I think that plays into the mid-east problem today. Religion is good for war and war is good religion.

Feb 2014
Oregon

Nah Christianity isn't under attack at all, it won't be long, and that will start happening here, because the oh so tolerant aren't tolerant at all
For sure Christianity is under attack and so are you in this thread. It is not as simple as "those people are bad". Christians need to take things a step further and question why they face opposition. Muslims and Christians are promoting the same religious belief of being a God's favorite people and the only ones who know God's truth and will, and it is their holy duty to do the will of a God who eliminates people he does not like, and who has commanded his followers to do the same. When people believe they hold God's truth and others do not and that they are supposed to do something about that, trouble happens. There is a problem with the belief. It goes with not valuing secular logic and science and therefore leads to only one way of ending a conflict about beliefs- killing.

Feb 2014
Oregon
What do you mean by that? I am not sure I am not fascist. It is ludicrous to deny government is not directly involved with economics. However, having all life organized around the accumulation of wealth and focusing education on that purpose, can lead to some very serious problems.

Sep 2017
Pennsylfaani
What do you mean by that? I am not sure I am not fascist. It is ludicrous to deny government is not directly involved with economics. However, having all life organized around the accumulation of wealth and focusing education on that purpose, can lead to some very serious problems.
Fascism is more than a political ideology or an economic system. It is fundamentally a worldview. It is almost like a religion. I can link you reading material that should help you grasp this.

Feb 2018
ohio
For sure Christianity is under attack and so are you in this thread. It is not as simple as "those people are bad". Christians need to take things a step further and question why they face opposition. Muslims and Christians are promoting the same religious belief of being a God's favorite people and the only ones who know God's truth and will, and it is their holy duty to do the will of a God who eliminates people he does not like, and who has commanded his followers to do the same. When people believe they hold God's truth and others do not and that they are supposed to do something about that, trouble happens. There is a problem with the belief. It goes with not valuing secular logic and science and therefore leads to only one way of ending a conflict about beliefs- killing.
It is not the Bibles belief that we elimiate those who disagree with us.

Feb 2014
Oregon
Fascism is more than a political ideology or an economic system. It is fundamentally a worldview. It is almost like a religion. I can link you reading material that should help you grasp this.
Please do. I have a lot on my plate, but maybe I can add it to my plate if it is not too much. I am listening to college lectures about history and pushing myself to understand more. Exactly where does your perspective on fascism (Italy, Germany, the US) come from and what period of time?

Feb 2014
Oregon
It is not the Bibles belief that we elimiate those who disagree with us.
That depends on how you interpret the bible. Please, keep in mind I did not talk of religion until Bush Jr. invaded Iraq and the Christian Right re-elected him. I think Bush and Cheney should be charged with war crimes and the Christian Right thought he was doing the will of God. That was the last straw. I think Christianity has become a problem to democracy, and I could live that sort of, but not with the slaughter of innocent of people and putting women and children in a terrible situation for the rest of their lives, for economic reasons befitting the oil industry and the American dollar. I am sorry, but religious notions that lead to so much trouble, have to end.

Those who stand with Trump on the treatment of Muslims have to be thinking like the Christians who say, "Well God would not let them into heaven". If you want to defend Christianity you have to take on a long list of wrongs, and stop denying the wrongs of Christain history.

Please watch Micheal Moore's show "Where to Invade Next" Not only is our US culture more inhumane than other countries, and we have a president demanding nations prepare for war, but in Germany the names of Jews who were forced out of their homes are on plaques in front of the homes they once had and schools teach what happened. We live in denial of the wrongs of slavery and the inhumanity we have done. We want to ignore what we have done to native Americans, as Jews want to ignore Palestinians rights to the land, and Zionist Christians support the injustices of Israel. I don't know how you defend all the wrongs, but it sure is not by knowing no more about Christianity than your experience of it in the last ten years.