The Cheshire Cat Education Guide for Lefties

Aug 2019
Warwickshire UK
Couldn’t think of a better title and as I don’t put anything above minimum effort into writing for forums, that’s what you’re stuck with. Enjoy. :)

If you’re eager or interested to discover what’s happening in the world, or even within America, you need to turn to alternative news outside the MSM. The American media is probably the last place on earth that you will find anything resembling reality. Yes, it’s that dire. Yet the majority already know that (you call it fake news), it’s just that the same majority also believe their choice of MSM news is the right one and all the others are wrong. In other words, similar to believing only the congregation of your particular Church go to heaven and everyone else is doomed, or CNN v Fox.

Six Giant Corporations Control the Media, and Americans Consume 10 Hours of ‘Programming’ a Day

These 6 Corporations Control 90% Of The Media In America

Understanding Reality

To understand that the vast majority of news you read in the US is fake and has an underlying agenda is the starting point. Outside the US we see it as entertainment as previously a pretend ‘Messiah’ becomes president, or the Russians have influenced Americans to vote for Trump who’s actually a Nazi in disguise and the N. Koreans have the technology to launch a nuclear strike/invade the US. If we begin by accepting these bizarre premises as facts, the conclusions are going to resemble Hollywood fiction on the Rambo level, which is what often happens.

Political Science v Beliefs

Moving on; political science or debate are learned skills that don’t appear by magic and often partisan opinions are presented as facts based on the above fantasies. Additionally, opinions presented as facts often produce animosity and the verifiable ‘proof’ provided by a Googled link in place of explanation is just quoting someone else’s second-hand opinion. The failing of Google is that it provides information, yet rarely an explanation. If you can’t explain something in your own words, why would you expect someone to take you seriously?

Liberals in particular have difficulty in understanding reality because their thoughts processes revolve around a belief system and why they often lash out instead of using the critical thinking they’re not capable of. Try telling an eight year old whose thought processes still work on beliefs that Father Christmas doesn't exist and you'll get the same reaction. If critical thinking applied to liberals, they would quickly become an endangered species. If the left believe they’re right, how is it possible to get so much wrong and still blame it all on everyone else? Obama is a Messiah, everyone who voted Trump is a racist and Nazi, welfare creates wealth … and it’s the fault of the right wing? It’s all nonsense.

In a hierarchy of knowledge then, sociology precedes political science, rather like learning how an internal combustion engine works before becoming a mechanic.

I’m often asked, where I get my news from and which sources I use. The answer is I don’t because I’m not tied into American partisan politics. I read various sources as they arise and using already acquired knowledge subtract the agenda, indoctrination and fantasy to arrive at what is probably nearer the truth, or as close to reality as possible.

So first and what we’ve learned so far is that the 24/7 media indoctrination contains a high volume of bias and second, that not everything you disagree with is a right wing conspiracy.

That Eureka Moment

Consequently, I’ve included three sites off the top of my head that contain articles as a sort of beginners guide to understanding reality. They’re not right or left wing (depending on which side of the fence you’re sitting on), they’re articles that explain alternative news behind the partisan hype. That doesn’t mean they’re 100% correct, but they’re presented to make you think instead of shouting indoctrinated sound bites. Articles are the key to understanding as they need to contain explanations based on facts, as opposed to the script written political speeches and biased MSM.

So here they are, not in any particular order and not the best or the worst.

Start with Orlov. Orlov offers a host of easy to read articles for which you don’t necessarily need political knowledge. He’s more an introduction into what’s happening around you in America, minus the indoctrination. Start with this one and try to understand what he’s saying. The Bolsheviks are coming.

Russia Insider. Despite its title (and often propaganda content), this site offers numerous articles on current affairs and US news. The articles are well researched and written providing a breath of fresh air from various international sources.

Ron Paul’s Peace and Prosperity site. Do I hear shrieks of right wing fascist? How many of you have actually read what he has to say? Admittedly, even I start to blink when he goes on about watering the tree of liberty with blood, but he also presents some very well written and informative articles on US current affairs. Ron Paul is the man time forgot and America is now suffering because of it.

In Conclusion …

My advice is read, think and understand society before you progress into creating utopias and shouting about who is right or wrong. Google and third-party opinions isn’t political science and very often you’ve got it as wrong as the people who provided you with their own opinion.

Before you start to jump up and down, all the above sites attract an international readership, unlike yours. I’ve personally written articles for one of them and you? Learn to understand reality before you offer opinioned suggestions on changing the world and dismissing everything you don’t understand with cries of ‘right wing.’ With perseverance your political knowledge will improve and what you write will also make sense to those around you.

Last edited:
Nov 2012
nirvana
Couldn’t think of a better title and as I don’t put anything above minimum effort into writing for forums, that’s what you’re stuck with. Enjoy. :)

If you’re eager or interested to discover what’s happening in the world, or even within America, you need to turn to alternative news outside the MSM. The American media is probably the last place on earth that you will find anything resembling reality. Yes, it’s that dire. Yet the majority already know that (you call it fake news), it’s just that the same majority also believe their choice of MSM news is the right one and all the others are wrong. In other words, similar to believing only the congregation of your particular Church go to heaven and everyone else is doomed, or CNN v Fox.

Six Giant Corporations Control the Media, and Americans Consume 10 Hours of ‘Programming’ a Day

These 6 Corporations Control 90% Of The Media In America

Understanding Reality

To understand that the vast majority of news you read in the US is fake and has an underlying agenda is the starting point. Outside the US we see it as entertainment as previously a pretend ‘Messiah’ becomes president, or the Russians have influenced Americans to vote for Trump who’s actually a Nazi in disguise and the N. Koreans have the technology to launch a nuclear strike/invade the US. If we begin by accepting these bizarre premises as facts, the conclusions are going to resemble Hollywood fiction on the Rambo level, which is what often happens.

Political Science v Beliefs

Moving on; political science or debate are learned skills that don’t appear by magic and often partisan opinions are presented as facts based on the above fantasies. Additionally, opinions presented as facts often produce animosity and the verifiable ‘proof’ provided by a Googled link in place of explanation is just quoting someone else’s second-hand opinion. The failing of Google is that it provides information, yet rarely an explanation. If you can’t explain something in your own words, why would you expect someone to take you seriously?

Liberals in particular have difficulty in understanding reality because their thoughts processes revolve around a belief system and why they often lash out instead of using the critical thinking they’re not capable of. Try telling an eight year old whose thought processes still work on beliefs that Father Christmas doesn't exist and you'll get the same reaction. If critical thinking applied to liberals, they would quickly become an endangered species. If the left believe they’re right, how is it possible to get so much wrong and still blame it all on everyone else? Obama is a Messiah, everyone who voted Trump is a racist and Nazi, welfare creates wealth … and it’s the fault of the right wing? It’s all nonsense.

In a hierarchy of knowledge then, sociology precedes political science, rather like learning how an internal combustion engine works before becoming a mechanic.

I’m often asked, where I get my news from and which sources I use. The answer is I don’t because I’m not tied into American partisan politics. I read various sources as they arise and using already acquired knowledge subtract the agenda, indoctrination and fantasy to arrive at what is probably nearer the truth, or as close to reality as possible.

So first and what we’ve learned so far is that the 24/7 media indoctrination contains a high volume of bias and second, that not everything you disagree with is a right wing conspiracy.

That Eureka Moment

Consequently, I’ve included three sites off the top of my head that contain articles as a sort of beginners guide to understanding reality. They’re not right or left wing (depending on which side of the fence you’re sitting on), they’re articles that explain alternative news behind the partisan hype. That doesn’t mean they’re 100% correct, but they’re presented to make you think instead of shouting indoctrinated sound bites. Articles are the key to understanding as they need to contain explanations based on facts, as opposed to the script written political speeches and biased MSM.

So here they are, not in any particular order and not the best or the worst.

Start with Orlov. Orlov offers a host of easy to read articles for which you don’t necessarily need political knowledge. He’s more an introduction into what’s happening around you in America, minus the indoctrination. Start with this one and try to understand what he’s saying. The Bolsheviks are coming.

Russia Insider. Despite its title (and often propaganda content), this site offers numerous articles on current affairs and US news. The articles are well researched and written providing a breath of fresh air from various international sources.

Ron Paul’s Peace and Prosperity site. Do I hear shrieks of right wing fascist? How many of you have actually read what he has to say? Admittedly, even I start to blink when he goes on about watering the tree of liberty with blood, but he also presents some very well written and informative articles on US current affairs. Ron Paul is the man time forgot and America is now suffering because of it.

In Conclusion …

My advice is read, think and understand society before you progress into creating utopias and shouting about who is right or wrong. Google and third-party opinions isn’t political science and very often you’ve got it as wrong as the people who provided you with their own opinion.

Before you start to jump up and down, all the above sites attract an international readership, unlike yours. I’ve personally written articles for one of them and you? Learn to understand reality before you offer opinioned suggestions on changing the world and dismissing everything you don’t understand with cries of ‘right wing.’ With perseverance your political knowledge will improve and what you write will also make sense to those around you.

So if I’m to understand you correctly, you are offering us an opinioned suggestion

Based upon your self proclaimed superior knowledge, because you wrote an article in some obscure publication?

Reactions: Hollywood
Aug 2019
Albuquerque, NM
So if I’m to understand you correctly, you are offering us an opinioned suggestion

Based upon your self proclaimed superior knowledge, because you wrote an article in some obscure publication?
You think they actually wrote that themselves? LOL. At least there is an attempt at argument, even if it is complete garbage and projection typical of conservatives

Yeah, "mainstream" media owned by 6 mega corporation, yeah, those billionaires are really liberally biased.

This is more right wing projection who get their sources from Fox news , brag about the ratings, showing most conservatives flock to that garbage network, meanwhile, liberals actually get their news from many sources, like scientific journals, different stations and newspapers, scientific magazines, etc. And this shows in liberals actually having facts, logic and reasoning in their posts, can actually defend their position, while most cons just copy and paste nonsense or can't even type a single line. offer no facts, cite clearly biased blogs, etc etc etc.

Or are they saying "hey, don't believe facts, go find sources that agree with me, that's what I do, just search out what I want to believe and ignore the rest"

Reactions: Hollywood
Nov 2005
California
You think they actually wrote that themselves? LOL. At least there is an attempt at argument, even if it is complete garbage and projection typical of conservatives
Hell. In my experience, such "look at this" posters are not only typically the ones who haven't even read the info they are offering ...
... they are completely incapable of discussing the contents of those articles.

The pattern plays out in various ways over and over and over again on this forum.
Instead of actually accurately acknowledging and directly addressing what others are saying, some vocal conservatives instead just spew out what they think liberals are saying and then they attack that strawman position which they stereotype onto "liberals".
:rolleyes:

Reactions: Lloyd Christmas
Nov 2012
nirvana
Hell. In my experience, such "look at this" posters are not only typically the ones who haven't even read the info they are offering ...
... they are completely incapable of discussing the contents of those articles.

The pattern plays out in various ways over and over and over again on this forum.
Instead of actually accurately acknowledging and directly addressing what others are saying, some vocal conservatives instead just spew out what they think liberals are saying and then they attack that strawman position which they stereotype onto "liberals".
:rolleyes:
Yeah, like this puke.

Speaker derails 9/11 ceremony to attack ‘the Squad’ with rant about ‘Judeo-Christian principles’

Aug 2019
Warwickshire UK

Naw, just the title. I know it irks, but just think of me as being someone who knows more than you and you won’t have to feel so bad about it. :)

Reactions: coldjoint
Aug 2019
Warwickshire UK

Yeah, "mainstream" media owned by 6 mega corporation, yeah, those billionaires are really liberally biased.

This is more right wing projection who get their sources from Fox news , brag about the ratings, showing most conservatives flock to that garbage network, meanwhile, liberals actually get their news from many sources, like scientific journals, different stations and newspapers, scientific magazines, etc. And this shows in liberals actually having facts, logic and reasoning in their posts, can actually defend their position, while most cons just copy and paste nonsense or can't even type a single line. offer no facts, cite clearly biased blogs, etc etc etc.

Or are they saying "hey, don't believe facts, go find sources that agree with me, that's what I do, just search out what I want to believe and ignore the rest"

I love your posts Lloyd. But considering that I’m not American and don’t watch Fox news it’s hard to think of myself as an American right-winger. I mean, critique the topic, but it’s not going to happen, is it. It’s the difference between writing a thread and sticking your tongue out and is what separates us. I’d bring up a left critique, but the ones I read are so bizarre I can’t bring myself down to that level. I do try and you can do it for me if you like? No? I thought not. Millennial liberals, you make me laugh. Projections, right wingers … If you ever wrote a thread it would be publish under ‘humour.’ ;)

Aug 2019
Warwickshire UK
I’ve got some questions you might like to help me out with. Probably not if it involves thinking, but I’ll hope anyway and try to keep them as simple as possible.

1. If I’m not American and don’t watch Fox news, why would you think I get information from Fox news? If I was putting in links to my posts from Fox that would be understandable, but I don’t because I don’t watch Fox news. Is it you think Fox and CNN news is the only media site outside America and American media distributes news to the rest of the world?

2. If every critique of millennial liberalism is right wing, does that mean the vast majority of countries in the world outside the west are right-wing?

3. Now this one has really got me puzzled. If the right are responsible for one liners and have nothing factual to say, why is it the Internet is full of articles from the right, but you lot can’t get past the stage of ‘right-wing’ and ‘projection.’ In other words, why is it you millennials can’t come up with coherent threads that explain your position? Can you provide me with links that you’ve written yourselves and explain what it is you believe in?

Those questions will probably go over the heads of many of you liberal millennials, because despite being on a political forum you’re not generally the brightest of bunnies, but give it a go unless of course you believe I got those questions from Fox news and it's all a right-wing conspiracy and projection and ... :)

Apr 2015
Stockport, Cheshire. UK
If you’re eager or interested to discover what’s happening in the world, or even within America, you need to turn to alternative news outside the MSM.
While the MSM is heavily biased in the USA towards a globalist friendly right of center slant, it seldom resorts to 'fake news' that is more likely to be found on the less mainstream outlets.

The usual right wing trope to excuse the actions of the present administration
A biased opinion pretending to be a fact. Fake news in its clearest form.

The sources you list tell us more about your political bias, than representing examples of unbiased news.
Or a left wing conspiracy, though I suspect you will argue that point

Couldn't agree more, Unfortunately you have presented this as a left wing problem, when in fact its a problem faced by every shade of political opinion and the sources you listed show an unwillingness on your behalf to learn outside of our own political biases.