Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3) maybe only in extreme cases extreme extreme circumstances

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • 4) i'm not sure i'm a wishy washy puss puss

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
i'm such a wishy washy flipper on this issue totally on the fence but when i see something like this/ it makes me want to go all plyers and blow torch

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
I do not believe the state has the right to kill anyone. IMO i agree w/ self defense or even an eye for an eye but you should do it yourself not hide behind the state to throw the switch for you.

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
i [erfer the state do
I do not believe the state has the right to kill anyone. IMO i agree w/ self defense or even an eye for an eye but you should do it yourself not hide behind the state to throw the switch for you.
i prefer the stTE DO it that is why we have a state, my belief in individual liberty has expired i am a statist and a communitarian strength through unity
i ccant do it myself i spend most of my life in a wheel chair
how do i do it myself
how???
we need a state to protect us from people that think like you

Nov 2012
Michigan
I prefer the state take care of this. Unfortunately I have less and less confidence in the US govt and it’s subsidies to dispense justice appropriately. Too many crooked cops, corrupt prosecutors, incompetent judges, and idiot juries.

Dec 2015
Arizona
This should be a difficult dilemma for ALL of us, but I'm sure it's easy for some to say "KILL" the SOBs. I am completely and utterly opposed to the death penalty for all sorts of reasons but first and foremost because of my religious beliefs. Killing is wrong--no matter what the circumstances.
I've been reading (and then watched the series) AN INNOCENT MAN by John Grisham. It's the true story of a brutal rape and murder (actually two murders) of two young ladies in Ada, Oklahoma in the 1980s and how two men were wrongly convicted of the murder and spent over a decade in prison. They were finally proven innocent via DNA--when it became available. One of the men was released 5 days before he was supposed to be put to death.
We have a very flawed justice system. No one should be put to death.

Nov 2012
Rhondda
If you kill someone officially ('execution') and then, as frequently happens, find he/she was innocent after all, what are you going to do, call him back? He won't come, you know.

Dec 2017
USA
@Sabcat

Yes, further, it is very dangerous not to allow retributive justice, particularly for men, as an additional scarring insult to injury occurs when one is restrained from standing up for their own, especially when the stakes are highest. Then, the bereaved are forced to kneel to the overwhelming power of the state, which inevitably imposes an internalized shame of perceived cowardice for outsourcing one's fundamental role to strangers, who have no real stake in the matter.

Imagine if a man's wife were raped, tortured, and killed by another man, and he knew he had the power to off the guy, but the state insisted they would send him to jail forever if he does not follow their procedure. Is reading a short letter to a judge (stranger) in a court room while the offender is in the room really what you would want to do? Or, does it go against every natural instinct? My heart goes out to the people who are forced into a position that terrible.

The fake-civilized routine is exceedingly irksome.

Personally, if a guy/gal went straight Punisher or Kissing Kate Barlow (from "Holes") untill the guilty party were claimed I would have no issue with it, actually I would be proud of them--they are legends for a reason, after all.

Nov 2018
Montana
If you kill someone officially ('execution') and then, as frequently happens, find he/she was innocent after all, what are you going to do, call him back? He won't come, you know.
8 People Who Were Executed and Later Found Innocent - AvvoStories

Too often execution is the expedient solution to a highly emotional event; alternatively it is the action of choice for dictators. Justice should not be driven by either emotion or political opportunism. There is no justification for the death penalty if for no other reason than the potential for abuse.

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
This should be a difficult dilemma for ALL of us, but I'm sure it's easy for some to say "KILL" the SOBs. I am completely and utterly opposed to the death penalty for all sorts of reasons but first and foremost because of my religious beliefs. Killing is wrong--no matter what the circumstances.
I've been reading (and then watched the series) AN INNOCENT MAN by John Grisham. It's the true story of a brutal rape and murder (actually two murders) of two young ladies in Ada, Oklahoma in the 1980s and how two men were wrongly convicted of the murder and spent over a decade in prison. They were finally proven innocent via DNA--when it became available. One of the men was released 5 days before he was supposed to be put to death.
We have a very flawed justice system. No one should be put to death.
the most compeling argument against the death penalty is the possibility of sending innocent people to the ir deaths however THE FACT IS 99.9% of these evil bastards are guilty and should die a terrible death, actually for many death is too good, which is kinda why i like life in prison, being jailed in the usa is a lving hell every moment, it isnt much of a mercy, to be honest i would prefer and painles execution to life in prison, my hemeroids could not bear the shower rapes.. oh my poor butt hole oh the humanity just put me down like a dog.. its beter than being some neo nazis butt buddy