The Difference Between Conservatives and Liberals...

Apr 2013
The Milky Way
In fact there are very few classical liberals. Instead, as with skews, what we have are Fabian's. And they are evil. Wolf in sheep's clothing.

Last edited:
Dec 2006
New Haven, CT
I think we need to get BordenMilk a dictionary for Christmas.

He obviously doesn't know the definition of ruthless ... there are probably many other words he misuses.

Perhaps we really agree with him, but don't know it because he doesn't use the correct words to express himself.

Sep 2015
Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
In fact there are very few classical liberals. Instead, as with skews, what we have are Fabian's. And they are evil. Wolf in sheep's clothing.

Correct.... what we are calling "Conservatives" today are classical Liberals...And what we are calling "Liberals" or "Progressives" are Fabians...

Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
Political discourse generally revolves around a set of hypotheses about external events. For the most part, conservatives and liberals alike are interested in reaching the same end goal albeit with a different philosophical approach.

Conservatives believe that most things work out better if left to free markets, traditions, precedence, families, etc., while liberals will go out of their way to defend their own unique vision of the world as they see it through their eyes. They are not solely defending a set of hypotheses about external events, they are in a sense defending their very souls -- and the zeal and ruthlessness with which they defend their vision should not be surprising under these circumstances! At the end of the day, everyone would prefer to be proved right rather than proved wrong, but the point here is that there are no such comparable ego stakes involved among conservatives.

This key difference certainly helps to explain the greater tendency of liberals to see those they disagree with as enemies who are morally lacking. While there are individual variations in this, I have certainly seen left-wing arguments devolve into meaningless insults as opposed to flourishing into a display of both logic and reason.

"Disagree with someone on the right and he is likely to think you obtuse, wrong, foolish, and a dope. Disagree with someone on the left and he is more likely to think you selfish, a sell-out, insensitive, and possibly evil." Joseph Epstein
I agree with your statement except for "everyone would prefer to be proved right rather than wrong." I relish having someone try and prove me wrong. I am 99% right and 1% wrong and if you prove me wrong you just improved my chances of being 100% right. A homeless man that I rented from a temp agency proved me wrong when I knew I was right. I told him you start full time tomorrow.

Dec 2016
Milwaukee
I think we need to get BordenMilk a dictionary for Christmas.

He obviously doesn't know the definition of ruthless ... there are probably many other words he misuses.

Perhaps we really agree with him, but don't know it because he doesn't use the correct words to express himself.
Do you have anything of importance to add to the conversation, or are you just here to endlessly insult everyone who disagrees with you?

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
HOOEY !!.....This started way back in the Vietnam War protest days....The Democrat Convention in 1968...The Students for a Democrat Society ..(Jerry Rubin, Tom Hayden, Abbie Hoffman, Rennie Davis Bobby Seale, et al).. Spawning the Weather Underground with Bill Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn, The Black Panthers..Jane Fonda going to Hanoi....Leading to the removal of Richard Nixon...The left started this shit back then, not the right..
Leading to the removal of Richard Nixon????

The ONLY person responsible for the downfall of Nixon was Nixon.