The DNC is as honest as the day is long, right?

Jan 2015
MD
WHO CARES???

The primaries are the method used by a private organization to decide who they want to run as a candidate for office. How they do that is entirely up to them.
Again.

If liberals have no issue with Democrat corruption then why do they get outraged about Trump winning the presidency through alleged corrupt means?

Reactions: YoursTruly
Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
Again.

If liberals have no issue with Democrat corruption then why do they get outraged about Trump winning the presidency through alleged corrupt means?
The difference is that the DNC’s alleged corruption involves the DNC.
Trumps corruption involves him using the power of the US Government to try and strong arm a foreign nation into helping him win re-election.

Jan 2015
MD
The difference is that the DNC’s alleged corruption involves the DNC.
Trumps corruption involves him using the power of the US Government to try and strong arm a foreign nation into helping him win re-election.
Last time I checked corruption was corruption.

Jul 2018
Earth
Hold on. Are we really going to ignore the very valid point the OP is making? The DNC is literally rigging the primaries again.
The primaries are just cash cows for the insiders' businesses. They are not intended to be legit since the party leaders always select the nominee, either outright or by stuffing the ballot box. We have never had a free and fair national election in American history. But we do have the world's best propaganda.

Reactions: YoursTruly
Jul 2018
Earth
and that's actually also, in a sense, "rigging" the system against the Dems in open primary states

nothing stopping Repubs from voting Dem, and choosing the candidate who they think has the best chance of losing, though I don't think it will make that much of a difference

still if people are so concerned about alleged "DNC rigging", they'd care about this as well, but the outrage is faux, and the point is to divide Dems.
If you have more than one candidate per party the voters will be divided. How many Dems are still in the race right now? That is a lot of division and when they start bitching about each other that gives the voters less reason to support the eventual nominee because all of the other candidates spent an untold amount of time saying how terrible that person is.

Jul 2019
Georgia
There is no reason to even have primaries. The party leaders can simply select their chosen nominee like they did in the past.
do you think they pre-selected Obama over HRC in 2008?

I don't. I think that was a shock and they were forced to accept it.

Sep 2019
Here
do you think they pre-selected Obama over HRC in 2008?

I don't. I think that was a shock and they were forced to accept it.
IIRC, according to the "rockefeller files," presidents used to be selected months or even years before the elections.

Fact: If they have the power and influence to convince us to use government issued currency, and convinces us into wars based on lies, they can pretty much do anything they want.

Jul 2019
Georgia
if that's the case I'm very thankful they selected Obama over Hillary in 08.

I'm not grateful they selected trump in 16 though. Who's dumb effing idea was that?

Feb 2020
dfw, texas
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

DNC Leader Stacks Nominating Committee Against Bernie Sanders

Tom Perez has put forward a cartoonishly neoliberal cast of foreign policy hacks, corporate and Israeli lobbyists and Wall Street consultants, reports Kevin Gosztola.
total bullshit. there are 57 democratic contests, most of them primaries, by direct vote. the super delegates do not even get to vote unless there is not a clear winner, and only howdy doody dumbass right wingers and perhaps some crybaby sanders crybaby supporters believe primaries can be rigged in any way. this story is bullshit. and pretty freaking bigoted, to boot, if I had boots on. Israelis lobbyists? why use code words? why not say it has too many jews and/or jew lovers involved? and the article just spews this bullshit, no sources confirming any of those people on that list are foreign policy hacks, whatever the hell that is supposed to mean, or wall street consultants, as if it is wrong to have people with business contacts on any list.

why even post such silly ass, non-sourced political bullshit? is that the best trump voters have- this kind of vague, non-sourced crap that even if true would not be a big deal? the voters in the democratic primaries will decide the winner, just like in 2016 when they chose hillary over crybaby sanders.

Reactions: Lyzza and se7en