The Emergence of Orwellian Newspeak and the Death of Free Speech

Nov 2016
Ulster
Have just finished reading 1984. Only into it a few pages when it was saying about refugees crossing the Mediterranean and ending up in the sea.

Winston and the people in general were not supposed to use swear words. The women were not supposed to wear make-up. This was how things were in our own society not so long ago

Orwell seem to have his own programme which was to reject the old ways and do as you please. It seems to have worked.

The Spies certainly could have been the Hitler Youth but the Boy Scouts and BB (while not reporting their parents) could be said to be in that mode also.

Aug 2016
Sweden
Well that's gratitude to our God and we are of God write in free device. Thank God for your gift to us volunteers.

Aug 2016
Sweden
Probably Lord who is all evil in my world at least. Lord struggling against my hard rock culture. He wants a Nazi should be condemned according to his biography.

Knowing the hard rock is a Nazi music. But there are serious hard rock. My God is not called Lord my God is called God, and he takes me seriously well.

Dec 2012
California
The primary reason civil liberty could be developed in America was because the people understood biblical law and lived according to the principles set forth in the law and the gospel. Their internal self-government and Christian character, and their understanding of important biblical concepts such as covenant and rule of law, allowed them to be able to develop external civil liberty and constitutionalism.