The ENTIRE Republican Party is a Russian Asset

May 2018
USA

excerpt:

This isn't just another crazy right-wing distraction, however. The consensus in the American intelligence community, as well as that of our allies, is that it was the Russians who hacked into Democratic emails and had them distributed, much to Trump's delight. The president and the Republican Party are spreading this counter-narrative blaming Ukraine — a narrative allegedly planted by Russian agents — as a green light to Russia to interfere in the 2020 election.

I'll say that again: The entire Republican Party is now acting as a Russian ally, eager to spread Putin's lies blaming Russia's regional adversary for what his own agents did. Even if Trump doesn't win next year, the Russians will have successfully pumped these toxic narratives into the American body politic, and made it very ill.

May 2018
none
Why did it take this long to figure that out? I've been saying all along that the right, particularly the religious right wants the US to resemble Russia. This is not anything new. They've even said it outright before.

They keep telling us what they want to do. When are we going to get it? When it's too late?

Aug 2019
Albuquerque, NM
YEP.

Owned by Putin. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

the Ukraine meddling conspiracy theory came straight from Putin and Orban, and I'm willing to bet the withholding of military funds to Ukraine (which directly helps Russia) is the brainchild of Pootie as well

disgraceful
And its proving to be 100% true. Russia moves right into the Middle East and is now a player. US farmers are losing the Chinese market thanks to tariffs and Europe and countries in South America are stepping in to fill the void. Those markets may be gone forever. The world is realizing they don't need the US. Can we bounce back? Not if idiots continue to elect REpublicans who have given the country and treasury away to the ultra rich

Nov 2012
nirvana

excerpt:

This isn't just another crazy right-wing distraction, however. The consensus in the American intelligence community, as well as that of our allies, is that it was the Russians who hacked into Democratic emails and had them distributed, much to Trump's delight. The president and the Republican Party are spreading this counter-narrative blaming Ukraine — a narrative allegedly planted by Russian agents — as a green light to Russia to interfere in the 2020 election.

I'll say that again: The entire Republican Party is now acting as a Russian ally, eager to spread Putin's lies blaming Russia's regional adversary for what his own agents did. Even if Trump doesn't win next year, the Russians will have successfully pumped these toxic narratives into the American body politic, and made it very ill.
At one time, that would have been dismissed as over the top hyperbole.

At one time.