The Fall of Tim Tebow

May 2018
Chicago
I feel no sympathy for Tebow. First off, he's a hypocrite. The Bible says to "do your praying in a closet, not in public like the hypocrites do for I say unto you they have already received their reward"...yet Tebow continually prays in public to show us what a "good christian" he is. Secondly he'd be playing in the NFL now, courtesy of his ridiculous athletic skills, if he wasn't so arrogant he demanded to play QB (lots of NFL teams wanted to try him at tight end, some even wanted to try him at defensive end or linebacker).

I wouldn't worry too much about him. He's a millionaire. A DUMB millionaire. And yes, he desperately needs to get laid. Somebody find him a boyfriend, now.
What bothers me most is that he has had so many opportunities that any person would die to have. To waste them like he has puzzles me to no end. All I can figure is that his ego got in the way. He came up in a team sport, but it seems to me that he is anything but a team player.

I've known guys like this in hockey, (thankfully just a few) and they end up all by themselves on the ice at open skates and no one wants anything to do with them. I've seen this happen to minor league players. Endless amounts of talent, but they won't pass the puck to a teammate, ever- even if it's the best chance to score. If they're not the ones doing the scoring, they're not interested. Sounds like that's what happened here. If he couldn't be the star, he didn't want it.

And to even be given a chance in a totally different sport and waste that too? I have no words. That's just beyond my comprehension. There are kids out there who dream about the opportunities he's had. And for most of them, they'll stay dreams.

Maybe he needs to go into an individual sport, like running. Though I doubt running is in his wheelhouse of talent. Golf maybe?

And please don't put him in the gay club, we want nothing to do with him either.

Last edited:
Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
What I find truly hilariously ironic is that SSSSSOOOOOO many Tebow fans were THE most critical of Kaepernick. Perfectly OK for Tebow to make his little public shows of religiosity, but damn Kaepernick to hell for his.

May 2018
Chicago
What I find truly hilariously ironic is that SSSSSOOOOOO many Tebow fans were THE most critical of Kaepernick. Perfectly OK for Tebow to make his little public shows of religiosity, but damn Kaepernick to hell for his.
Colin Kaepernick did not do anything regarding religion. He stood up for a race of people. And he was right. Tebow's mistake was arrogance. I would say Kaepernick came out ahead.

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
I feel no sympathy for Tebow. First off, he's a hypocrite. The Bible says to "do your praying in a closet, not in public like the hypocrites do for I say unto you they have already received their reward"...yet Tebow continually prays in public to show us what a "good christian" he is. Secondly he'd be playing in the NFL now, courtesy of his ridiculous athletic skills, if he wasn't so arrogant he demanded to play QB (lots of NFL teams wanted to try him at tight end, some even wanted to try him at defensive end or linebacker).

I wouldn't worry too much about him. He's a millionaire. A DUMB millionaire. And yes, he desperately needs to get laid. Somebody find him a boyfriend, now.

You don't understand the verse, Jesus also told is followers to pray in public. He was talking about those that pray in public to draw attention to themselves instead of worshiping God.

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
I have three problems with the tim tebow phenomena, 2 of which are not his fault.

1. He got more attention than any pro athlete in all of sports for 2 years, despite the fact that he was no good. Not his fault

2. He said he’d do anything to help his team win. But when no team wanted him as a QB, he refused to consider changing positions. That’s his fault

3. He went out for baseball and while he had success he got the opportunity because of his name recognition alone and some journeyman baseball player looking for his break didn’t get that opportunity. Tebow didn’t need the money, but these minor league players have a tough life. Not technically Tebow’s fault but still.

May 2018
Chicago
I have three problems with the tim tebow phenomena, 2 of which are not his fault.

1. He got more attention than any pro athlete in all of sports for 2 years, despite the fact that he was no good. Not his fault

2. He said he’d do anything to help his team win. But when no team wanted him as a QB, he refused to consider changing positions. That’s his fault

3. He went out for baseball and while he had success he got the opportunity because of his name recognition alone and some journeyman baseball player looking for his break didn’t get that opportunity. Tebow didn’t need the money, but these minor league players have a tough life. Not technically Tebow’s fault but still.
He's not a team player in sports that require people to be team players. He's a showboat, in other words.

Like I said, I've known guys like this in hockey. Minor league guys with boatloads of talent and no humility. They end up nowhere and by themselves because well, they just aren't team players. Their concern is for themselves, not the team.