The Government Should Own The Money.

Jun 2018
U.S.
Unfortunately, it doesn't. That is why money has on it "In God We Trust." If the government owned the money, that would be a clear violation of the separation of church and state.

May 2018
USA
Unfortunately, it doesn't. That is why money has on it "In God We Trust." If the government owned the money, that would be a clear violation of the separation of church and state.
A lot of people think it's a violation of church and state putting that on money anyway (like me). The USA didn't always do that. If we're to include references to immaterial, nonexistent personages I'd rather honor Batman. "In Batman We Trust". Sounds good, plus it's MORE MATURE!!!!!

BTW, the government of the USA legally owns ALL US CURRENCY IN CIRCULATION. That's why it's illegal to "deface" currency by drawing sunglasses on GW: it's vandalizing the government's property.

Jun 2018
U.S.
A lot of people think it's a violation of church and state putting that on money anyway (like me). The USA didn't always do that. If we're to include references to immaterial, nonexistent personages I'd rather honor Batman. "In Batman We Trust". Sounds good, plus it's MORE MATURE!!!!!

BTW, the government of the USA legally owns ALL US CURRENCY IN CIRCULATION. That's why it's illegal to "deface" currency by drawing sunglasses on GW: it's vandalizing the government's property.
As far as I know, our money is owned by the National Reserve. And that is a privately owned entity.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons

It was universally adopted during the cold war as a fuck you to the communists.

Funny thing is that it is still pissing communists off

Goddamn communists.

Oct 2010
Colorado
"In God we trust" has been on US coins since shortly before the Civil War. Here's the back side of a 1883 $20 gold coin.

The irony there? It's a dad gum ounce of gold. No need to "trust God" on hard currency. :)

Apr 2013
La La Land North
"In God we trust" has been on US coins since shortly before the Civil War. Here's the back side of a 1883 $20 gold coin.

The irony there? It's a dad gum ounce of gold. No need to "trust God" on hard currency. :)
No, the irony is that you could trade that for about 1,250 dollar bills today and use them for real things. Or maybe more if the coin is rare.

God had nothing to do with that.