The horror, Sandusky, Ohio wants Democrats to vote

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
So if you are not registered or you are not a Citizen do you get it as a holiday too?

Then we need to end the expense of EARLY VOTING.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
Are you insane !!!!!!!
Voter fraud would go off the scale because it would be so easy.
Next election you would probably wake up to find Putin was your new President.

I bank on the internet, with money, there are 10,000 people who want to steal my money, for every individual who wants to steal my vote.
Yet my money is still there, still secure.
If we can make the internet secure enough to bank, we can make it secure enough to vote.
It's just a system, we can design secure systems, we do it everyday.
We have trillions of dollars flowing securely over the internet, every day.
At work, we trade pension funds 5 days a week over the internet, never lost a penny to fraud.

Apr 2015
Stockport. UK
I bank on the internet, with money, there are 10,000 people who want to steal my money, for every individual who wants to steal my vote.
If we can make the internet secure enough to bank, we can make it secure enough to vote.
At work, we trade pension funds 5 days a week over the internet, never lost a penny to fraud.
Internet fraud cost USA citizens $16 Billion in 2016.

Oct 2010
Colorado
It's pretty clear, to me at least, that voting should be done by paper ballot.

"Expediting" voting thus far has not served the electoral system.

Some things are worth the time it takes however long that may be, imo.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
Internet fraud cost USA citizens $16 Billion in 2016.
There has always been fraud in economic transactions.
There were stolen credit card numbers, bad checks, counterfeit money long before the internet.
The standard has never been "absolutely secure", it's always been "secure enough".

Even paper ballots have been manipulated. I mean, I fill out my ballot, I put it in the ballot box, but I depend on strangers to count it, I depend on strangers that that ballot box where I deposited my vote, is the ballot box they actually count at the end of the day.

But a system can be designed to keep fraud at an acceptable level.
It's what we have always done, we've made our money more difficult to counterfeit, we've made our credit cards more secure, it's always a running battle.

There is no absolutely secure system for anything, the elements considered important may have to change, especially anonymity.
In the old days people went to the polling place and "stood" for a candidate, Democrats here, Republicans here, all open, anyone could count, so the announced totals were able to be compared with the counts that any number of individuals made.
The secret ballot , the Australian Ballot, wasn't adopted in the US until the end of the 19th century.
The secret ballot opens up the possibility of fraud. Before I knew how I voted, I also could see everyone else's vote, and count the ballots myself, so that any discrepancy between the actual vote and reported total would raise alarm.
If there was an internet database of votes, if your votes were recorded and available for your inspection, fraud would become difficult.
It's all doable.

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
So if you are not registered or you are not a Citizen do you get it as a holiday too?

Then we need to end the expense of EARLY VOTING.
For more than 20 years I have had to travel for a living. I DEPEND on early voting as I am often out of town doing my fucking job on election day. You want to STRIP me of my RIGHT to vote because my job requires I be somewhere else on elections day ?????????

Apr 2015
Stockport. UK
There were stolen credit card numbers, bad checks, counterfeit money long before the internet.
The standard has never been "absolutely secure", it's always been "secure enough".
l don’t think the term ‘secure enough’ is enough for the public to have faith in the result of an electronic voting system.

Dec 2015
Arizona

Even paper ballots have been manipulated. I mean, I fill out my ballot, I put it in the ballot box, but I depend on strangers to count it, I depend on strangers that that ballot box where I deposited my vote, is the ballot box they actually count at the end of the day.

But a system can be designed to keep fraud at an acceptable level.
It's what we have always done, we've made our money more difficult to counterfeit, we've made our credit cards more secure, it's always a running battle.

There is no absolutely secure system for anything, the elements considered important may have to change, especially anonymity.
In the old days people went to the polling place and "stood" for a candidate, Democrats here, Republicans here, all open, anyone could count, so the announced totals were able to be compared with the counts that any number of individuals made.
The secret ballot , the Australian Ballot, wasn't adopted in the US until the end of the 19th century.
The secret ballot opens up the possibility of fraud. Before I knew how I voted, I also could see everyone else's vote, and count the ballots myself, so that any discrepancy between the actual vote and reported total would raise alarm.
If there was an internet database of votes, if your votes were recorded and available for your inspection, fraud would become difficult.
It's all doable.

I agree. Our technology will make this happen--eventually. It's the way of the world.