The Hunt cancelled.

May 2019
USA
Playing on political divides in the Trump era, "The Hunt" follows 12 conservatives who discover they have been kidnapped and brought to The Manor, a hunting ground where liberal billionaires pay top dollar to hunt them for sport.
Universal Cancels Plans to Release 'The Hunt' After Mass Shootings

This had absolutely crap to do with the mass shootings like Universal is saying. This was the political back lash from putting out such a movie in these times. I am glad Universal made this decision. I am even more glad they did it on their own volition since I do not condone censorship.

May 2018
none
It's a terrible premise for a movie anyway, no matter which side does the kidnapping. We don't need a movie to further divide people politically.

It would be nice if we actually got a movie that brought people together and focused on what we have in common for a change.

Reactions: Panther and se7en
Jul 2019
Georgia
Universal Cancels Plans to Release 'The Hunt' After Mass Shootings

This had absolutely crap to do with the mass shootings like Universal is saying. This was the political back lash from putting out such a movie in these times. I am glad Universal made this decision. I am even more glad they did it on their own volition since I do not condone censorship.
I posted this in the first "The Hunt" melt thread and nobody seemed to notice it.

They halted production immediately after the news of the mass shootings, not because some Washington Examiner article went nuts, but you're welcome to believe whatever.

Another movie I wasn't going to watch is gone, and hopefully the whiners are now appeased, it's a win/win

May 2019
USA
Too bad, it sounded like much needed comedy relief....
Well actually if you watched the trailers like i did, it appeared it was a bunch of left wing elitists, hunting deplorable Trump supporters from red states, and one of the deplorable kills all the leftists.
The point is this. There is no need for that type of "entertainment" in today's political arena. I also believe that it was up to Universal to make that decision. I think they made a good decision.

Jul 2019
Georgia
Well actually if you watched the trailers like i did, it appeared it was a bunch of left wing elitists, hunting deplorable Trump supporters from red states, and one of the deplorable kills all the leftists.
The point is this. There is no need for that type of "entertainment" in today's political arena. I also believe that it was up to Universal to make that decision. I think they made a good decision.
just watched this trailer. where are you getting that? nowhere does it say the hunted are trump supporters, but instead just regular folk. I know a bunch of regular folk who aren't trump supporters, I am a regular folk who's definitely not a trump supporter

in fact the lead character (who's being hunted) seems waaaaaaay too smart to be a trump supporter

Aug 2018
been around
I'm glad to hear this, but am suspicious. It's hard to see after the money spent, they won't release it. I think they will release it after the current hysteria dies down.
It's release will be for $ and also obviously political, so look for a Sept. 2020 release date.

Reactions: walkaway
May 2019
USA
I'm glad to hear this, but am suspicious. It's hard to see after the money spent, they won't release it. I think they will release it after the current hysteria dies down.
It's release will be for $ and also obviously political, so look for a Sept. 2020 release date.
After the first of the year. Definitely before election

May 2019
USA
just watched this trailer. where are you getting that? nowhere does it say the hunted are trump supporters, but instead just regular folk. I know a bunch of regular folk who aren't trump supporters, I am a regular folk who's definitely not a trump supporter

in fact the lead character (who's being hunted) seems waaaaaaay too smart to be a trump supporter

Most of the trailers have been pulled. So you are just going to have to trust sources

“The Hunt” is billed as a dark satire about a group of privileged vacationers hunting "deplorables" for sport and is set to open September 27.
"The Hunt" Movie Trailer Features Elites Hunting "Deplorables" For Sport

Also, as often the case, when Trump said they were being racist (fact check me on that?) in a tweet for releasing the movie, he was wrong. Like millions of Americans in this day of victimization he totally has no idea the difference between racism and bigotry. The movie was bigoted, not racist.

Jul 2019
Georgia
Most of the trailers have been pulled. So you are just going to have to trust sources

"The Hunt" Movie Trailer Features Elites Hunting "Deplorables" For Sport
in the meantime I read the article in the OP, and it did say this

"Playing on political divides in the Trump era, "The Hunt" follows 12 conservatives who discover they have been kidnapped and brought to The Manor, a hunting ground where liberal billionaires pay top dollar to hunt them for sport."

conservatives aren't "depolrables" or trump supporters, but I digress

so the libs are the bad guys? and y'all all mad about that?

I'm glad the film was pulled, hunting people with guns for sport is not something that needs to be broadcast in a time where mass shootings happen every week, especially when one of the murderers was basically hunting immigrants.