The immigration solution isn't on the border

Dec 2012
California
God has nothing to do with- that is a man made excuse, God is a man made creature-
That aside, you didn't disprove anything I wrote, AND our rights didn't come from the constitution- the constituion came about because trhe founders knew people had rights, inherent, so designed it to help ptotect them from a tyrannical entity referred to as gov't.
True, our rights don't come from the Constitution, they come from historical wrongs that a free society corrected. The Constitution was intended to make sure that a government would not overstep those boundaries and live within the limits the people of the states felt necessary to run a Federal government.

Reactions: Gdjjr
Apr 2019
America
I'm not a Democrat and have never supported a liberal, but it is a bit funny. Walls don't work. The current laws you are bitching about were forced through Congress by Ted Kennedy, a Democrat. The nutty ass wall idea was hatched by the Democrats. Maybe they are laughing because the right got played.

Sounds to me like you need to consider realistic solutions.
I'm not a Democrat
You are not Clara either.

Reactions: LTP

LTP

Mar 2018
Grayson
Maybe you had better read Article IV section 2 of the Constitution again.
The Federalist Papers also provides some insight into the clause. Madison's Federalist No. 42. Madison stated: "Those who come under the denomination of free inhabitants of a State, although not citizens of such State, are entitled, in every other State, to all the privileges of free citizens of the latter; that is, to greater privileges than they may be entitled to in their own State . . . ." In Federalist No. 80, Hamilton expressed his belief in the clause's importance when he wrote that the Privileges and Immunities Clause (the version in the Constitution) is "the basis of the union."
The privileges and immunities clause was in the 14th Amendment - long time after Madison. None of that can over-ride unalienable Rights.

Sep 2019
Here
Did I say any of those things? The rights of people are determined by God and by our Constitution, not politicians. What I mean is we need to remain a sovereign nation.
Let's talk about this, from a religious stand point. You are a Christian, right? Or do you just call yourself one because it's the in thing? A fad?

Leviticus 19:34
The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the citizen among you; you shall love the alien as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.

1 Chronicles 16:19-22
When they were few in number, of little account, and strangers in the land, wandering from nation to nation, from one kingdom to another people, he allowed no one to oppress them; he rebuked kings on their account, saying, ‘Do not touch my anointed ones; do my prophets no harm.’

Zechariah 7:9-10
Thus says the Lord of hosts: Render true judgments, show kindness and mercy to one another; do not oppress the widow, the orphan, the alien, or the poor; and do not devise evil in your hearts against one another.

The same law applies both to the native-born and to the foreigner residing among you.

Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience.

I could do this all day. Seems God and Jesus didn't like the idea of governments kicking good people out of a country.

Apr 2019
America
Let's talk about this, from a religious stand point. You are a Christian, right? Or do you just call yourself one because it's the in thing? A fad?

Leviticus 19:34
The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the citizen among you; you shall love the alien as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.

1 Chronicles 16:19-22
When they were few in number, of little account, and strangers in the land, wandering from nation to nation, from one kingdom to another people, he allowed no one to oppress them; he rebuked kings on their account, saying, ‘Do not touch my anointed ones; do my prophets no harm.’

Zechariah 7:9-10
Thus says the Lord of hosts: Render true judgments, show kindness and mercy to one another; do not oppress the widow, the orphan, the alien, or the poor; and do not devise evil in your hearts against one another.

The same law applies both to the native-born and to the foreigner residing among you.

Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience.

I could do this all day. Seems God and Jesus didn't like the idea of governments kicking good people out of a country.
As I said before"render on to Caesar" means you follow the laws your government has.

Sep 2019
Here
As I said before"render on to Caesar" means you follow the laws your government has.
Bullcrap. You're just picking and choosing which part of the bible to preach from. You don't "render unto evil." You don't render unto inhumane treatment of governments towards decent people. You don't separate children from their moms and dads.
You're siding with the government over what god said many MANY more times than he said to obey government laws.

BTW, it was the government who crucified Jesus. According to the bible. Because it was "the law."

Apr 2019
America
Bullcrap. You're just picking and choosing which part of the bible to preach from. You don't "render unto evil." You don't render unto inhumane treatment of governments towards decent people. You don't separate children from their moms and dads.
You're siding with the government over what god said many MANY more times than he said to obey government laws.

BTW, it was the government who crucified Jesus. According to the bible. Because it was "the law."
You don't "render unto evil."
Enough people are doing it. Look at minorities in Muslim countties. Look at the citizens of Venezuela , look at the Romans when Christ lived.

Sep 2019
Here
Enough people are doing it. Look at minorities in Muslim countties. Look at the citizens of Venezuela , look at the Romans when Christ lived.
So because others do something bad/wrong, then that justifies it? Apparently God and/or Jesus wanted us to help the needy. Love thy neighbor all that, just flies right out your supposed Christian window, because there's a law against it, right?