The injustices in this country is unreal

Aug 2019
Albuquerque, NM
Poor people can't pay a $50 fine, or maybe steal even less than that in products, they serve jail time, many even longer. Rich people rob people of millions of dollars, they just have to pay a fine or pay the money back, no jail time. And often times the fine is less than the amount they stole

Pedophile gets off because they are rich (Epstein) but someone with marijuana possession is in jail for 10 years. Banks destroyed the economy, and what did they get? No jail time, they got bailed out by the government. And people who haven't even been convicted and can't afford bail can be sitting in prison, potentially innocent, for years because they can't afford bail. I don't get how this doesn't infuriate everybody and why we continually allow it to happen

I don't get how the right in general continually defends this nonsense. Continually defends and felates the rich.

Last edited:
Oct 2019
USA
Poor people can't pay a $50 fine, or maybe steal even less than that in products, they serve jail time, many even longer. Rich people rob people of millions of dollars, they just have to pay a fine or pay the money back, no jail time. And often times the fine is less than the amount they stole

Pedophile gets off because they are rich (Epstein) but someone with marijuana possession is in jail for 10 years. Banks destroyed the economy, and what did they get? No jail time, they got bailed out by the government. And people who haven't even been convicted and can't afford bail can be sitting in prison, potentially innocent, for years because they can't afford bail. I don't get how this doesn't infuriate everybody and why we continually allow it to happen

I don't get how the right in general continually defends this nonsense. Continually defends and felates the rich.
Give me an example of that, the claim that "corporations can't do time" is misleading - corporate executives who were busted for fraud can and have gone to prison, such as Enron's CEO.

Fact is, "rich" people in general, whatever their ethics, character, or ultimate "contributions" maybe, do tend to naturally contribute more to the entire "system", all societies have and will be "hierarchical", and this aspect of human nature isn't entirely escapable. (I don't naively idolize them either, I believe they are people of different persuasions, motives, and life stories).

Justice systems were developed by "rich and intelligent" men and women, and in eras past, systems of government were aristocratic or monarchal, in which serfs or slaves may barely have had any established rights at all.

So on some level, having any rights or participation in a system at all is someone one should be glad for, especially when one is wallowing in a slavish and helpless mindset.

Aug 2019
Albuquerque, NM
Give me an example of that, the claim that "corporations can't do time" is misleading - corporate executives who were busted for fraud can and have gone to prison, such as Enron's CEO.

Fact is, "rich" people in general, whatever their ethics, character, or ultimate "contributions" maybe, do tend to naturally contribute more to the entire "system", all societies have and will be "hierarchical", and this aspect of human nature isn't entirely escapable. (I don't naively idolize them either, I believe they are people of different persuasions, motives, and life stories).

Justice systems were developed by "rich and intelligent" men and women, and in eras past, systems of government were aristocratic or monarchal, in which serfs or slaves may barely have had any established rights at all.

So on some level, having any rights or participation in a system at all is someone one should be glad for, especially when one is wallowing in a slavish and helpless mindset.
Once again, you fail to actually read my post and comprehend, and you just make up what I never said. I never"corporations can't do time". How the hell do you put something in quotes I never said? And, I even provided you with examples

out of the banking scandal ,one person was jailed. One, and it was some bogus guy. All the criminals that tanked the economy and destroyed lives got away scot free, and not only that, they got a government bail out. Trump's foundation misused funds in the tun e of $2Million, and all he has to do is pay the money back (Trump Ordered to Pay $2 Million to Charities for Misuse of Foundation ) . No jail time for obvious fraud and scam

I also don't think the development of the justice system has anything to do with it. The system would work the same for rich or poor, but humans that make the system run are the ones that allow this to happen. Well, other than one thing, the ability of people to hire better lawyers if they have more money

Feb 2019
here and there

It's so bad, you can commit a felony for perjury as President of the United States and be impeached for it, but remain President and not see one day of jail time.

Crazy, huh?

Oct 2019
USA
Once again, you fail to actually read my post and comprehend, and you just make up what I never said. I never"corporations can't do time". How the hell do you put something in quotes I never said? And, I even provided you with examples

out of the banking scandal ,one person was jailed. One, and it was some bogus guy. All the criminals that tanked the economy and destroyed lives got away scot free, and not only that, they got a government bail out. Trump's foundation misused funds in the tun e of $2Million, and all he has to do is pay the money back (Trump Ordered to Pay $2 Million to Charities for Misuse of Foundation ) . No jail time for obvious fraud and scam

I also don't think the development of the justice system has anything to do with it. The system would work the same for rich or poor, but humans that make the system run are the ones that allow this to happen. Well, other than one thing, the ability of people to hire better lawyers if they have more money
Supposedly.

Either way, I see little solution to the problem you're providing. "Rich-poor" means nothing in a vacuum, at least as far as a modern economy is considered - "money" by itself is just paper and metal, "rich" means nothing except how much one has in comparison to someone else - ultimately the "system" is contingent on some form(s) of transactions between people.

Perhaps people should seek self-empowerment instead of dependence, then. I don't buy into your fatalism. Hollywood actors would be broke if no one watched their dumb movies, and "fast food" companies would be out of business if people learned to cook, and so forth.

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
Supposedly.

Either way, I see little solution to the problem you're providing. "Rich-poor" means nothing in a vacuum, at least as far as a modern economy is considered - "money" by itself is just paper and metal, "rich" means nothing except how much one has in comparison to someone else - ultimately the "system" is contingent on some form(s) of transactions between people.

Perhaps people should seek self-empowerment instead of dependence, then. I don't buy into your fatalism. Hollywood actors would be broke if no one watched their dumb movies, and "fast food" companies would be out of business if people learned to cook, and so forth.
But in the real world there are rich and there are poor and the conditions they endure and the perks they get are totally different. People do watch dumb movies people can cook but choose not to and so forth. And if pigs had wings they could fly.

Reactions: leekohler2
Oct 2019
USA
But in the real world there are rich and there are poor and the conditions they endure and the perks they get are totally different. People do watch dumb movies people can cook but choose not to and so forth. And if pigs had wings they could fly.
"Rich" in this country are there because people give them their money - they aren't kings or monarchs who were "appointed by god".

People have always been in various positions and degrees of "power" - often those in power are more virtuous than those beneath them (which is one of the reasons we aren't a direct democracy, and for good reasons). To some extent, one would have to accept this to a reasonable degree, out of their own self-interest, if nothing else.