The LP's Mascot

Sep 2019
Here
The LP, IMO, needs to get it's political act together. And start with changing that stupid mascot. A porcupine? Yeah I get it. "Leave it alone. Don't bother it, it won't bother you." blah blah blah blah blah
But I think they need something that people should recognize and not have to ask "why." Something like the Statue of Liberty or the Eagle. Something that is recognizable and a symbol of freedom and liberty. Not something that says "leave me alone."

And the LP's candidates need to dress more professional, act more professional and not do stupid idiotic things in public. Like strip at the national convention. I like the LP's platform. And I understand the LP's idea that everyone is free to do as they please, as long as they don't adversely affect others.
But some of these morons in the LP are making a mockery out of the LP. And just giving the R & D's fodder to clobber them with in the elections.

Reactions: Hugh Jasshole
Sep 2019
Texas
Honestly I didn't know the Porcupine was their symbol of choice but I like the idea behind it- I think I'll see if I can find a T shirt with one on it (not advertising for the Party though)- LOL

An aside on symbols and T shirts: Last week I ordered a T shirt from Cody Jinks web site promoting his song Same Kind of Crazy As Me
Paid for 2 day USPS delivery - email tracking- last up date I received was last week that delivery was held up due to weather- :lol::crying: I really wanted that T shirt- guess the post person wanted it more.

The Jack Asses and Elephants would most likely focus on the fact that an Eagle is a bird of prey and the Statue of Liberty is a foreign symbol- and from what I've witnessed from hard core Libertarians they can be Jack Asses (known for their being hard headed) and stubborn as Elephants (known for their being stubborn)- I can be both- being the bi-partisan, equal opportunity dis-liker I am, so, just leave me alone- LOL- if someone asks about it it gives opportunity express, (articulate)

The internal struggles, from what I've witnessed here is identical to R and D know it all's- just a different subject matter, which is usually which libertarian philosophy is the best and what is the best milque toast approach to attracting Democrats to the Party-

Sep 2019
Here
Honestly I didn't know the Porcupine was their symbol of choice but I like the idea behind it- I think I'll see if I can find a T shirt with one on it (not advertising for the Party though)- LOL

An aside on symbols and T shirts: Last week I ordered a T shirt from Cody Jinks web site promoting his song Same Kind of Crazy As Me
Paid for 2 day USPS delivery - email tracking- last up date I received was last week that delivery was held up due to weather- :lol::crying: I really wanted that T shirt- guess the post person wanted it more.

The Jack Asses and Elephants would most likely focus on the fact that an Eagle is a bird of prey and the Statue of Liberty is a foreign symbol- and from what I've witnessed from hard core Libertarians they can be Jack Asses (known for their being hard headed) and stubborn as Elephants (known for their being stubborn)- I can be both- being the bi-partisan, equal opportunity dis-liker I am, so, just leave me alone- LOL- if someone asks about it it gives opportunity express, (articulate)

The internal struggles, from what I've witnessed here is identical to R and D know it all's- just a different subject matter, which is usually which libertarian philosophy is the best and what is the best milque toast approach to attracting Democrats to the Party-
The porcupine will poke you with his quills. A bale eagle will rip your fcking eyes out, slash you all over the place. And probably poop on you while he's doing it, if you jack with it when it doesn't wanna be jacked with.
Bird of prey, yup, they gotta eat.

Statue of liberty may have been a gift from France. But it's still a symbol of liberty and better things to come.

A porcupine is a rodent.

Sep 2019
Texas
The porcupine will poke you with his quills. A bale eagle will rip your fcking eyes out, slash you all over the place. And probably poop on you while he's doing it, if you jack with it when it doesn't wanna be jacked with.
Bird of prey, yup, they gotta eat.

Statue of liberty may have been a gift from France. But it's still a symbol of liberty and better things to come.

A porcupine is a rodent.
My point is, Jack Asses and Elephants are no better.