The LP's Mascot

Sep 2019
'Merica
It ain't respected like it used to be- it's become a laughing stock vs a symbol of Liberty and Justice For All
Shows how far we have deviated from the founders original intent. I was thinking today what the founders would do and say if they had known things would play out like it has. I want to think they would smack most of Congress right in the fucking mouth lol.

Reactions: Gdjjr
Sep 2019
Texas
Shows how far we have deviated from the founders original intent. I was thinking today what the founders would do and say if they had known things would play out like it has. I want to think they would smack most of Congress right in the fucking mouth lol.
I think so too- probably be lots of face palm gestures as well-

Reactions: Hugh Jasshole
Sep 2019
Here
Riddle me this....why are people so afraid of freedom from govt and the ability to govern themselves?
There's too many individual reasons to answer that without posting a novel. It depends on what each person has ingested and why they think the way they do. Everything from "it's just easier." to "I pay my taxes and demand to get something in return."

Sep 2019
Texas
Riddle me this....why are people so afraid of freedom from govt and the ability to govern themselves?
I'm not sure that can be answered- I say it goes back the the education system not teaching "why we are"- it's become ingrained in the psyche- and has been for several generations. But, it could be argued, we are governing ourselves since we elect representatives- we have trusted without the trust being earned- it's also easier to let someone absolve personal responsibility- that goes back to the constitution- just look at the arguments being presented to defend how constitutional the actions perpetrated on us- yet, they'll also argue against the 2nd amendment- I've noticed too, that very few are willing to read opposing views- if it doesn't corroborate an already held belief it gets ignored or ridiculed- there again, is a lack of a good education- they believe being subjective doesn't count until they do-
That is shallow minded-

Reactions: Hugh Jasshole
Sep 2019
'Merica
I'm not sure that can be answered- I say it goes back the the education system not teaching "why we are"- it's become ingrained in the psyche- and has been for several generations. But, it could be argued, we are governing ourselves since we elect representatives- we have trusted without the trust being earned- it's also easier to let someone absolve personal responsibility- that goes back to the constitution- just look at the arguments being presented to defend how constitutional the actions perpetrated on us- yet, they'll also argue against the 2nd amendment- I've noticed too, that very few are willing to read opposing views- if it doesn't corroborate an already held belief it gets ignored or ridiculed- there again, is a lack of a good education- they believe being subjective doesn't count until they do-
That is shallow minded-
Both of you gave a valid response. I don't reckon there is really is an exact answer however going thru the "commie guauntlet" of the other thread just blew my mind and has me questioning the thought process of those individuals

Reactions: Gdjjr