The mortality rate ranking for each state, by disease

Mar 2019
Texas
Between the lines: The death rates from pretty much every major cause — heart disease, cancer, Alzheimer's, diabetes, suicide, sepsis, guns, infant mortality — remain highest in the South, according to updated data from the CDC
It is very interesting that they left our the third leading cause of death in the usa. Doctors. Yet they included GUNS. Even though the title clearly says DISEASE.

May 2018
USA
It is very interesting that they left our the third leading cause of death in the usa. Doctors. Yet they included GUNS. Even though the title clearly says DISEASE.
Actually "guns" aren't listed at all. Guilty conscience, perhaps? Also interesting is how the top states for homicides are ALL RED STATES WITH LOOSE GUN CONTROL LAWS :D Funny that, especially since the NRA and the GOP are always saying guns SAVE lives and prevent crime (homicide is a crime, don't they know that?). For that matter the Red States seem to be pretty miserable healthcare wise as well, judging from that chart. Hmmmm....why if one didn't know better, one would probably deduce the red states are incompetently managed or something...

Oh yeah, they probably put the homicides in there for "scale" :D

Mar 2019
Texas
Actually "guns" aren't listed at all. Guilty conscience, perhaps? Also interesting is how the top states for homicides are ALL RED STATES WITH LOOSE GUN CONTROL LAWS:D Funny that, especially since the NRA and the GOP are always saying guns SAVE lives and prevent crime (homicide is a crime, don't they know that?). For that matter the Red States seem to be pretty miserable healthcare wise as well, judging from that chart. Hmmmm....why if one didn't know better, one would probably deduce the red states are incompetently managed or something...

Oh yeah, they probably put the homicides in there for "scale" :D
I quoted from the op. They did use the word guns. They did not include the third leading cause of death. doctors. Nice that you want to make this a right left issue as tptb cover up the extreme dangers of healthcare.

Dec 2015
Arizona
Weren't we just talking about Mississippi? Geeezzz......Mississippi is right at the top for heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, stroke, cancer, sepsis, flu/pneumonia, kidney disease........on and on. Suicides--Montana and Alaska.
Firearms--Alaska, Alabama and Montana.
Very interesting stuff.
AND you know what SHOULD NEVER EVER BE on any of these charts: Infant Mortality. Good grief. How can a wealthy country rank SO LOW in infant mortality? I think I read somewhere where we are the same ranking as Croatia.
The United States has the worst overall child mortality rate compared with those of 19 other wealthy nations in the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development.

Shame on us.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
So more heath care and more education, lower mortality rates....
Uneducated people in states that make health care difficult to access, die at a much higher rate from almost everything.
I can see why the GOP wants to cut funding for education and health care.....sick stupid bastards, vote for Trump.

Reactions: Clara007 and RNG
Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
This is a very interesting interactive chart. Since it is interactive, posting it is useless so you will have to go to the link to be able to explore it.

The results were, to me surprising.

Chart: The mortality rate ranking for each state, by disease

Wow, NJ and NY have the lowest suicide rates in the nation. All red states at the top.

Overall, it looks like NJ and NY are the best places in the country.