The Mueller investigation that found no obstruction cost $40 million! Who should pay for it?

Nov 2017

Now, who's going to pay for it? So far, it's people like me, a taxpayer. Who should pay for it? Why should I have to pay for it? I shouldn't have to!

Dec 2015
Arizona

Now, who's going to pay for it? So far, it's people like me, a taxpayer. Who should pay for it? Why should I have to pay for it? I shouldn't have to!
You have paid for all sorts of things repeatedly in your life that apply to the country--not just you personally. Your tax dollars have paid for investigations into people from both parties--for criminal events that have nothing to do with you---for public services which you do not use---for people/projects in other countries---for acts of God all over the globe. Do I need to go on?

Nov 2017
You have paid for all sorts of things repeatedly in your life that apply to the country--not just you personally. Your tax dollars have paid for investigations into people from both parties--for criminal events that have nothing to do with you---for public services which you do not use---for people/projects in other countries---for acts of God all over the globe. Do I need to go on?
It's one thing to invest in an investigation into something where there's actual evidence; it's another thing to waste taxpayer money on a dossier that was fabricated for a political agenda.

Nov 2017
The same people who paid for the Benghazi investigation, the Hillary Email investigation and any other investigation into Obama that produced exactly ZERO indictments.
Are you claiming that the Benghazi incident never happened, or that the email scandal never happened?

Nov 2017
No, just that there were no crimes.
For one thing, at least, what if you're wrong? What if there were crimes?

There's at least a legitimate reason for why there's a problem with what happened in the Benghazi incident; for one thing, it's that it happened.

Regarding the email incident, you're the first I've heard claim that there's no crime. No one else denies that it occurred and tried to claim that nothing wrong happened because there was no intent; that's not an acceptable reason for saying a crime didn't occur, because in that case intent isn't necessary (something like neglect is sufficient). I don't even accept the claim that there was no intent; removing markings indicating that documents are classified seems like the most blatant example of intent I can imagine.

Are you claiming that the Russians didn’t interfere with the election?
I don't have to; I accept that they interfere with many things, including elections, all the time. Why be apathetic about it until Trump gets elected? I'm never apathetic about any interference by anyone, ever, and I certainly don't cherry pick when to get apathetic either.

That Trump didn’t fire Comey or Sessions?
LOL Why would I claim things that aren't true?

The fact is that Trump did "fire" (dismissed) Comey: Dismissal of James Comey - Wikipedia

You can say that Sessions was also "fired" if you wish, but the fact is that he resigned, meaning it was ultimately his choice; the notion that he was "forced out" is beside the point: Jeff Sessions Forced Out As Attorney General After Constant Criticism From Trump

The fact that these guys were "fired" is on par with this notion of a deep state; it helps substantiate it. So if you're just another individual who's looking for any reason, real or made up, to destroy Trump, this is an illogical avenue to pursue; I suggest trying another strategy.

Mar 2019
Texas
So does that mean that after they indict potus they will bill him for the 40 million?

Does the fact that they found obstruction of justice mean they can bill him 40 million?
It seems that they are setting precedent for this in the jussie smolett case.

Nov 2017
Are you factoring in the $22M in money and assests forfeited by Paul Manafort?
For the sake of the argument pertaining to this thread, what does that have to do with me as a taxpayer? Was taxpayer money involved in any of this?

For other reasons, I may have concerns about this.

PS are you concerned about the $70M that has been spent on Trump's 150+ golf trips?
No, because I as a voter have a choice in the matter. I happened to have chosen to vote for an individual who likes to golf, so as a voter and taxpayer, I chose to accept it. It also doesn't matter if it's someone I chose to vote for or not; I wouldn't be any more or less concerned about whether or not it was the candidate I voted for or another candidate. Whether it was Bush Sr., Bill Clinton, Bush Jr., Obama, Trump, or whoever the next presidents will be, the fact is that there have been assassination attempts on our presidents, so our presidents deserve the protetion their receiving.