The Myth of the Criminal Immigrant

Dec 2015
Arizona
people on the right don't care about addressing the employers of illegals. that is the Lie, I should not say lie, you may actually believe that misconception.
People on the right, left and middle care about LAWS. Why should this be political? Employers need to be held accountable for hiring illegals.
My statement: Why is it that NO ONE on the Right complains about the EMPLOYERS who EMPLOY illegal EMPLOYEES???
Where did I use the word "care"? All I hear from the Right is "ILLEGALS ILLEGALS ILLEGALS---WALL WALL WALL". At no point (in this thread) have I seen a Conservative say "LOCK 'EM UP if they are hiring illegals."

There are things we agree on, but we are so busy choosing sides we can't just be Americans.
Again: No jobs. No illegals. No need for walls.

Jun 2013
Katmandu
People on the right, left and middle care about LAWS. Why should this be political? Employers need to be held accountable for hiring illegals.
My statement: Why is it that NO ONE on the Right complains about the EMPLOYERS who EMPLOY illegal EMPLOYEES???
Where did I use the word "care"? All I hear from the Right is "ILLEGALS ILLEGALS ILLEGALS---WALL WALL WALL". At no point (in this thread) have I seen a Conservative say "LOCK 'EM UP if they are hiring illegals."

There are things we agree on, but we are so busy choosing sides we can't just be Americans.

New CA Law Drastically Restricts E-Verify Use | California Employment Law

It's illegal for employers in California to check their workers with eVerify.

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN

Because democrats HAVE MADE IT POLITICAL. CA has just passed a law to hinder the use of E-Verify.. and we know the CA Government is a Great Bastion of Right Wingers. (sarcasm alert).

Nov 2013
NM
It is illegal to work in the US without a permit. Additionally in working here there break numerous other laws including tax evasion, money laundering, and identity theft just to name a few.
Yah, if someone's working under a false or assumed SSN, they're paying into the system monies that they're never going to be able to claim. In that sense, they're subsidizing the SS benefits that the rest of us get. SS treats those unallocated income streams to the SS fund as found money, & throw them into the pot for those of us on SS to divvy up. But illegal immigrants pay rent, gasoline & sales tax - plus city & county taxes @ point of purchase. Their rent or mortgage presumably includes real estate taxes, which typically go into local school systems K-12, public libraries, & so on (it depends on what's funded by local property taxes in your location).

Money laundering is a new one. How are illegal immigrants involved in money laundering?

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
Yah, if someone's working under a false or assumed SSN, they're paying into the system monies that they're never going to be able to claim. In that sense, they're subsidizing the SS benefits that the rest of us get. SS treats those unallocated income streams to the SS fund as found money, & throw them into the pot for those of us on SS to divvy up. But illegal immigrants pay rent, gasoline & sales tax - plus city & county taxes @ point of purchase. Their rent or mortgage presumably includes real estate taxes, which typically go into local school systems K-12, public libraries, & so on (it depends on what's funded by local property taxes in your location).

Money laundering is a new one. How are illegal immigrants involved in money laundering?
and in CA alone they take 25 billion dollars in welfare benefits.. each year.. They get the money back.
Illegal Immigration Costs California Taxpayers More Than $25 Billion a Year, Finds FAIR | Federation for American Immigration Reform
California Spends $25 Billion in Tax Dollars per Year on Illegals, Ignores Dams

Nov 2013
NM
All attempts to mandate the use of eVerify have been thwarted by dems.
The service industry in the US - casual labor, child care, maids, wait staff, restaurants, fast food, hotels/motels, yardwork, retail, warehousing; unskilled or nearly so construction, painting, landscaping; laundry & lots of other jobs - depend on low-paid labor. Without that, they'd have to pay more to staff, which would mean raising prices. You'd have to enforce the laws universally - or else, the one outfit or handful of outfits gains a competitive edge.