The next phase of climate change repercussions

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
As we attempt to mitigate the factors causing climate change, we can't ignore the need to react to the effects of the current and near term coming changes. Case in point: power is being proactively shut off for 800,000 California residents by PG&E because of a forecast of strong winds, the cause of the horrendous forest fires California suffered last year. This forecast is that the strong winds will last 3 days.

I don't know about you but I had to suffer through a three day (78 hour) power outage and it was terrible. We lost about half of our food from the freezer. Stores around here were impacted badly. Eating cold things really got to me. No TV, cellphone or internet. Ugly stuff. I hope the hospitals in the affected area have enough fuel to keep their emergency generators going as long as necessary.

Reactions: Clara007

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
Taxes and laws stifle innovation- pay to play conglomerates love it- so do politicians- who benefits from taxes and laws?
And that blather is going to prevent forest fires and restore people's electricity how?

Sep 2019
Texas
And that blather is going to prevent forest fires and restore people's electricity how?
LOL- forest fires have happened since forests have been around- restoring electricity is the responsibility of the provider- did they not *prepare* "for what might happen"? That's why there are Laws against most everything- what might happen- before any problem can be resolved, one must first determine the cause of the problem- in this case it seems to be wind and fire- but, we've been told that wind mills producing for energy conversion will save the earth- oops- fire is going to happen, usually unexpectedly- that there are no contingency plans is not the climates fault- it's called piss poor planning by lunatic control freaks in gov't pretending they know everything there is to know everything about everything there is to know about everything and making promises accordlingly- soinds like to me some fresh eyes might be in order in the Ca legislature- another thing to know, when pointing a finger there are always 3 pointing back at- but, hey, be mad at whoever you want- that, by God!, will fix everything- LOL

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
LOL- forest fires have happened since forests have been around- restoring electricity is the responsibility of the provider- did they not *prepare* "for what might happen"? That's why there are Laws against most everything- what might happen- before any problem can be resolved, one must first determine the cause of the problem- in this case it seems to be wind and fire- but, we've been told that wind mills producing for energy conversion will save the earth- oops- fire is going to happen, usually unexpectedly- that there are no contingency plans is not the climates fault- it's called piss poor planning by lunatic control freaks in gov't pretending they know everything there is to know everything about everything there is to know wabout everything and making promises accordlingly- soinds like to me some fresh eyes might be in order in the Ca legislature- another thing to know, when pointing a finger there are always 3 pointing back at- but, hey, be mad at whoever you want- that, by God!, will fix everything- LOL
And of course record heat and record drought are irrelevant, right?

Dec 2015
Arizona
As we attempt to mitigate the factors causing climate change, we can't ignore the need to react to the effects of the current and near term coming changes. Case in point: power is being proactively shut off for 800,000 California residents by PG&E because of a forecast of strong winds, the cause of the horrendous forest fires California suffered last year. This forecast is that the strong winds will last 3 days.

I don't know about you but I had to suffer through a three day (78 hour) power outage and it was terrible. We lost about half of our food from the freezer. Stores around here were impacted badly. Eating cold things really got to me. No TV, cellphone or internet. Ugly stuff. I hope the hospitals in the affected area have enough fuel to keep their emergency generators going as long as necessary.

My sister lives in California and she is concerned. They too lost power for quite a while but I think they have a generator. The winds (Diablo) are picking up in No.Cali and that's not good.

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
My sister lives in California and she is concerned. They too lost power for quite a while but I think they have a generator. The winds (Diablo) are picking up in No.Cali and that's not good.
The difference though is that this time the power shut-down is being done deliberately in order to not start more fires.