the next social justice front

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
Back in September, Salon published an article written by a self-described pedophile who argues that the urge to molest children is a “sexual identity” disorder. In a video released Tuesday, the outlet again allowed the pedophile to address its audience.

Salon’s pedophilic commentator Todd Nickerson argued in his September article, “I’m a pedophile, but not a monster,” that society should allow people with sick urges like those he harbors to speak openly without fear of repercussions.

The desire to molest children, he contends, is an issue of sexual orientation. And while neither Nickerson nor Salon advocate that society put up with actual child molestation, the insinuation seems to be that pedophiles shouldn’t be ostracized for having the desire.

Here’s an excerpt from Nickerson’s column last year:

But isn’t that the definition of a pedophile, you may ask, someone who molests kids? Not really. Although “pedophile” and “child molester” have often been used interchangeably in the media, and there is some overlap, at base, a pedophile is someone who’s sexually attracted to children. That’s it. There’s no inherent reason he must act on those desires with real children. Some pedophiles certainly do, but many of us don’t. Because the powerful taboo keeps us in hiding, it’s impossible to know how many non-offending pedophiles are out there, but signs indicate there are a lot of us, and too often we suffer in silence. That’s why I decided to speak up.

In the sickening new video posted to Salon, the pedophile recounts having babysat a 5-year-old girl whom he had the desire to molest. But he didn’t— and he believes society owes him a pat on the back.

You see, far-left insanity dictates that Nickerson is a victim because he has the urge to do something that he can’t. The pedophile says he feels “persecuted” for his urges.

Sickos: Leftists seek to make pedophilia the next social justice front - Personal Liberty®

Reactions: 1 person
Dec 2006
New Haven, CT
In a weird kind of upside down backwards Alice in Wonderland kind of way, I understand this. It's like feeling like you really want to kill somebody - but you never ever would actually DO it. Or even less ... that you really want to punch somebody's lights out - but, again, never ever would actually DO it.

It's funny - sabcat's post implies that all people on the left agree with this (which, of course, is lunacy in and of itself), yet it's the right wing who harps on hate crimes being 'thought crimes' and that only actions should be persecuted and/or prosecuted.

Isn't this the same thing?

Feb 2014
nunya
Everyone on the left may not agree with it. But only the left could possibly consider a pedophile a victim.

Reactions: 2 people
Dec 2006
New Haven, CT
A pedophile is only a victim if he's condemned for actions that he has not performed.

Then he is just as much a victim as any other innocent accused person.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
In a weird kind of upside down backwards Alice in Wonderland kind of way, I understand this. It's like feeling like you really want to kill somebody - but you never ever would actually DO it. Or even less ... that you really want to punch somebody's lights out - but, again, never ever would actually DO it.

It's funny - sabcat's post implies that all people on the left agree with this (which, of course, is lunacy in and of itself), yet it's the right wing who harps on hate crimes being 'thought crimes' and that only actions should be persecuted and/or prosecuted.

Isn't this the same thing?
No insane SJWs and progressives

Feb 2014
nunya
are you saying that hate crimes are good laws? I thought we argued before with you on the side against them.
No I am saying that someone who admits they want to have sex with a 5 year old but does not is innocent. If I thought hate crime laws were valid then I would say that person is guilty. I am pointing out innocence does not make them a victim nor do they deserve a pat on the back. It was not their own self control that stopped them. It was the threat of what would happen to them. If anyone deserves a pat on the back it is bubba in prison who would love to ass rape that pedophile to death. At least bubba is a deterent

Apr 2013
The Milky Way
I have posted any number of times the past few years that they are coming for the children. Well, they already have with transgender nonsense, and other assorted perversity. But the end game is the age of consent.

Reactions: 2 people
Feb 2014
nunya
I have posted any number of times the past few years that they are coming for the children. Well, they already have with transgender nonsense, and other assorted perversity. But the end game is the age of consent.

Personally I have always thought that theory was total bullshit. Now I can not help but wonder