The NRA Should Have Never Messed With The Parkland Kids

Nov 2012
nirvana
The NRA leadership has turned on each other in an ugly civil war and is bleeding money. In 2016, the NRA was able to spend around 70 million mobilizing voters and buying online ads, but now, that’s roughly what they are losing annually. The group’s free fall has exposed extreme financial mismanagement. Excessive salaries, backroom deals, sexual-harassment charges (of course), ridiculous clothing allowances, expensive travel, and a secretive PR firm that refuses to say where its 40 million dollars annual budget goes.

The NRA brand is toxic, revenues are dropping, recruitment is way down, and the cherry on top—they are finally being investigated.

The NRA should have never messed with the Parkland kids

What happened to all of that money raised off those record gun sales under Obama we heard about for 8 years?

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
So the kids tell the gun grabbing politicians to kick rocks at the last school shooting so we are going to talk about the parkland propaganda machine again? Sounds about right.

Nov 2005
California
The NRA leadership has turned on each other in an ugly civil war and is bleeding money. In 2016, the NRA was able to spend around 70 million mobilizing voters and buying online ads, but now, that’s roughly what they are losing annually. The group’s free fall has exposed extreme financial mismanagement. Excessive salaries, backroom deals, sexual-harassment charges (of course), ridiculous clothing allowances, expensive travel, and a secretive PR firm that refuses to say where its 40 million dollars annual budget goes.
The NRA brand is toxic, revenues are dropping, recruitment is way down, and the cherry on top—they are finally being investigated.

What happened to all of that money raised off those record gun sales under Obama we heard about for 8 years?
I think that's a key part of the problem...
For 8 years, the NRA and similar fear-mongerers spread claims that Obama was going to come for their guns.
Now with Trump, they don't have that same scape-goat for their fear.

Just look at their history. 2015 => positive income. 2016 & 2017 => deficit
In 2017, the organization spent nearly $18 million more than it took in. While it’s better than the $46 million deficit the NRA reported in 2016, it is significantly worse than the group’s $27.8 million income in 2015.​
NRA spends second straight year in the red with $18 million deficit

Nov 2017

I don't understand the relevance of your question to the rest of what you posted, or what political discussion you're trying to have about it.

Guns are sold by gun dealers; gun dealers are generally for-profit businesses; the profits from selling guns goes to investing in more guns to sell, paying employee salaries, making a (net) profit, etc.

I don't think this is difficult at all to derive from a more generalized understanding the following notion: X are sold by X dealers; X dealers are generally for-profit businesses; the profits from selling X goes to investing in more X to sell, paying employee salaries, making a (net) profit, etc.

This is business & economics subject matter, not subject matter about politics.

Dec 2015
Arizona

But....but...the NRA is a non-profit---an educational organization. Don't ya know? I'm sure their intentions are honorable.

Dec 2015
Arizona

AND maybe this is why the gun-loving SOBs don't support public education?? I mean, HEY! Look what those uppity smart kids did. They've got their nerve!
THIS is impressive stuff for a bunch of kids:
They worked tirelessly in registering students across the nation for the 2018 midterm elections. They launched a “Road to Change” voter registration tour last summer. Their work delivered young voters to the polls in record numbers, which helped elect 64 freshman Democrats and forced over 30-backed NRA politicians out of office.

To these amazing kids and this new generation:
I’m sorry our own politicians didn’t do their jobs and stand up for you. I’m sorry we had to rely on our own damn children to fight for legislation instead of allowing you to do things kids should be doing.

And yet, you are making it happen. You stepped up when no one else would.

Somebody had to.

Let's send our thoughts and prayers to the NRA.

May 2019
USA
So the kids tell the gun grabbing politicians to kick rocks at the last school shooting so we are going to talk about the parkland propaganda machine again? Sounds about right.
I saw that blurb, which is what it was treated as. The Colorado school shooting, the anti-gun usual's show up to talk and the kids walked out. That is very telling. I think the Parkland kids might be getting a lesson in what flavor of the month means.

Apr 2014
redacted
Agreed. The Republicans should strive to get more of those STEM kids on air to discuss their views on how better mental health care can help kids from killing themselves or others.

Apr 2014
redacted
.....The NRA brand is toxic, revenues are dropping, recruitment is way down, and the cherry on top—they are finally being investigated.....
The NRA has been demonized by the Democrat Anti-Gun movement for decades now. True, the NRA has created some of their own problems by their reaction to these actions by the Democrats but I fail to see what they’ve done wrong other than make some poor business decisions. Let TPTB investigate if they think crimes have been committed. Once done, they can then investigate the Clinton Foundation.

Clinton Foundation Donations Plummet 90%