The official Impeachment thread.

Dec 2012
California
That is an opinion; not a fact.

Select Republicans are on the House Intelligence Committee. Non-members of the committee (both R and D) have been excluded per House rules.

Probably. However, all Trump apologists should be concerned with the fall-out from an investigation.

That is a subjective assessment (how do you define "primarily"). However, assume that his only concern was Ukraine corruption. The question then is WHY? Why was he so concerned with corruption in Ukraine, of all the countries that the US helps with foreign military aid? What is the evidence that his Ukraine call was just part of a routine concern about corruption around the world?

The quid pro quo will be at the forefront in the Senate. If the whistleblowers are basing their opinions without supportable fact, the lack of mens-rea or actus reus not being present will determine the outcome. So far, there is no evidence that Trump was demanding a quid pro quo, or that he took any action that would have produce a quid pro quo.

Dec 2006
New Haven, CT
I have two impeachment related questions.

Last week our hoofwanking bunglecunt Dear Leader was pissing and moaning and whining about 'closed door investigation hearings' and the lack of 'transparency."
This week, our hoofwanking bunglecunt Dear Leader is pissing and moaning and whining about 'public investigation hearings.'
Just what hell does the addlepated buffoon think is another alternative between closed and open?

As people in these hearings ignore their subpoenas, I want to know why they are not charged with contempt of court and fined and sent to sit in jail.
There are less repercussions for them ignoring subpoenas than there are for you or I for ignoring a jury summons!
Why are they still walking around free?

Reactions: leekohler2
Dec 2006
New Haven, CT
So far, there is no evidence that Trump was demanding a quid pro quo, or that he took any action that would have produce a quid pro quo.
How the hell do you know that?
The investigation has been held behind closed doors.
You have NO IDEA WHATSOEVER of what evidence there has been presented.

Nov 2005
California
Asking for a favor "without quid pro quo" does not rise to the level of impeachment. So far nothing indicating a quid pro quo has been established.
In your opinion.
There has been plenty of evidence indicating that it DID happen.
AGAIN, LOOK AT MY SIGNATURE LINE.

Republicans asking for equal accesses is absurd?
I never said that.
Where don't Republicans have access?
You keep tossing out false insinuations and strawman arguments to avoid the facts.

Biden's own words ...
Are irrelevant to the impeachment, unless Biden has knowledge of Trump's quid pro quo with the Ukraine.

All you have are assumption based on presumptions.
It is hilarious you say that because that's all you have on Biden.
But on Trump, your assessment is a lie.
AGAIN, LOOK AT MY SIGNATURE LINE.