The official Impeachment thread.

Jul 2015
chicago
I am looking forward to the individual that leaked classified information to be going to jail.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
Lindsay and Romney are having a spat war on this...Graham is playing the news shows and Romney is staying silent.
"
Sen. Lindsey AGraham (R-S.C.) thinks the transcript of President Trump's Ukraine call is a giant nothingburger. Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah.) disagrees.

After the White House released the memorandum of Trump's call with Ukraine's president, in which he pressed for an investigation into former Vice President Joe Biden, Romney told reporters that "what we’ve seen from the transcript itself is deeply troubling," per CBS' Alan He. Romney wouldn't say whether he believes the House of Representatives' impeachment inquiry is appropriate.

Graham went the opposite direction, rallying behind Trump by tweeting that the transcript is "a nothing (non-quid pro quo) burger." The South Carolina senator also told reporters, "From my point of view, to impeach any president over a phone call like this would be insane," adding that Ukraine's president "did not feel threatened" and "felt fine with what happened" and that what Trump said was "very appropriate."

House Minority Whip Rep. Steve Scalise (R-La.), meanwhile, sides with Graham, in a statement saying "there was absolutely no quid pro quo" on the call.

At the same time, Democrats doubled down on their calls for impeachment, arguing there was an implicit quid pro quo on the call, with former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton tweeting, "The president of the United States has betrayed our country. That's not a political statement — it's a harsh reality, and we must act." Brendan Morrow".
Lindsey Graham calls the Ukraine transcript 'very appropriate.' Mitt Romney says it's 'deeply troubling.'

Apparently Trump indeed asked fpr help even in the redacted memo. Romney says he is "Taking Steps" right now....whatever that means.
What they are calling the "transcript" isn't a transcript, it's memo, produced by the White House, describing the call.

What they haven't done is release the whistleblower complaint, which I'd bet diamonds to donuts, isn't quite the same as the White House description of what happened.

Reactions: tecoyah
Jul 2019
Georgia
So we can expect an actual impeachment this week? Or just this pretend one they are doing?
no

a formal inquiry is being launched. will probably be months of committee investigations before (if) Impeachment vote is brought forward

if one more person who lived through Nixon and/or Clinton displays an absolute ignorance to how this works, I swear I'm going to throw my water bottle at my printer.

Sep 2019
Louisville, Ky
I find it interesting to watch the Trump minions try to make lite of an extremely dire and unfortunate chapter of American history. I am unsure if this is a bravado display or desperate confusion. One way or another this will be a riveting couple months to experience.

Reactions: imaginethat
Sep 2019
Louisville, Ky
Yup...things they be a changin'
"“As more information has emerged about whistleblower allegations against President Trump, support for impeachment proceedings has grown to its highest point since the beginning of the summer,” Sinclair said. “This week’s news cycle had a significant impact on Republicans and independents, giving credibility to Democrats' impeachment inquiry. Up from 5 percent last week, 10 percent of Republicans now support beginning impeachment proceedings, while support among independents has reached 39 percent.”
Support for impeachment jumps in new poll

Reactions: se7en
Jul 2019
Georgia
Yup...things they be a changin'
"“As more information has emerged about whistleblower allegations against President Trump, support for impeachment proceedings has grown to its highest point since the beginning of the summer,” Sinclair said. “This week’s news cycle had a significant impact on Republicans and independents, giving credibility to Democrats' impeachment inquiry. Up from 5 percent last week, 10 percent of Republicans now support beginning impeachment proceedings, while support among independents has reached 39 percent.”
Support for impeachment jumps in new poll
same happened with Nixon once inquiry was launched (I think so anyway)

Reactions: tecoyah