The official Impeachment thread.

Apr 2019
America
Dec 2015
Arizona
every other impeachment in the history of this country there was a vote for the "inquiry". The reason the democrats do not want the vote is it launches powers to the whole house including the republicans to subpoena witnesses.

The democrats do not want a fair investigation.
Yeah....no. Is it required by law?
AND speaking of precedents..................and all this "every other" stuff......don't even get us started on every other president.

Sep 2019
NYC
Yeah....no. Is it required by law?
AND speaking of precedents..................and all this "every other" stuff......don't even get us started on every other president.

I think every american, even the ones I don't like have a right to confront their accusors, subpoena witnesses, and mount a defense. what the house is doing is handcuffing this.

Dec 2015
Arizona
no it isn't,

and technically they can, but legally, it holds no ground
AND the beat goes on.....the theme song remains the same: Democrats are SUPPOSED to follow "THE RULES", damn it.
Why don't the Democrats follow the rules--the precedents--the niceties--the precepts---the historical standings??
Why are the Democrats being so disrespectful to the sitting president? It's not fair.
AND while taking their next breath, the GOP DIVES energetically into every mud-slinging, filthy, disgusting deception/conspiracy/slanders they can dream up about the Democratic candidates. They not only go after the candidates/lawmakers' platforms, but they also go after their families---their religions, their income/wealth, their intelligence, and EVEN their crab dip recipes.
But Democrats? They need to respect the office of the presidency....
kinda like the GOP did when Obama was the prez.

Last edited:
Dec 2015
Arizona
I think every american, even the ones I don't like have a right to confront their accusors, subpoena witnesses, and mount a defense. what the house is doing is handcuffing this.
Would you say it's handcuffing the process when a person is subpeoned and refuses to testify? Or how about when a current AG ignores the rule of law in preferential treatment to a sitting president? Or when dozens of presidential advisors HIDE memorandums? Or when a president's personal attorney acts as an envoy for the U.S. government?
OR when an FBI director is fired because he won't do the president's bidding?
Here's the problem. Your president and his staff--his cabinet--his attorneys--his acolytes---created the playbook.
Democrats have decided to USE that playbook. AND you have a problem with that? Gosh--that's a shame.

Sep 2019
NYC
Would you say it's handcuffing the process when a person is subpeoned and refuses to testify? Or how about when a current AG ignores the rule of law in preferential treatment to a sitting president? Or when dozens of presidential advisors HIDE memorandums? Or when a president's personal attorney acts as an envoy for the U.S. government?
OR when an FBI director is fired because he won't do the president's bidding?
Here's the problem. Your president and his staff--his cabinet--his attorneys--his acolytes---created the playbook.
Democrats have decided to USE that playbook. AND you have a problem with that? Gosh--that's a shame.

he is just as much my president as he is yours.

How has trump created the process here? please to explain?

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
Republican Argument: If democrats want to remove Trump from office, it should be done in a free and fair 2020 election.

Also Republican Argument: It's fine for Trump to ask foreign governments to investigate his 2020 rivals.