The official Impeachment Trial thread.

Feb 2007
USA
(Just a side note)

Regarding Judge Mark W. Delahay in 1873...

Delahay was impeached by the United States House of Representatives on February 28, 1873. The investigating committeereported to the House of Representatives that Delahay’s "personal habits unfitted him for the judicial office . . . and that his sobriety would be the exception and not the rule."[4] According to one source, Delahay was "intoxicated off the bench as well as on the bench."[5] While Delahay was impeached, the United States House of Representatives never drew up specific articles of impeachment against him and his resignation ended impeachment proceedings before they ever reached the United States Senate.[4]

Mark W. Delahay - Wikipedia
And reference number [4] can be found here.:

https://www.fjc.gov/content/why-judges-resign-influences-federal-judicial-service-1789-1992-0

So, assuming if all the above is correct (though it sounds incorrect to me), not only did the House formally impeach this judge (assuming via a vote), but that articles were never actually drawn up and they never got to the Senate as a result of his resignation...though he is still considered to have been formally impeached.

Nov 2012
Michigan
The best possible justification of Trump’s impeachment is that he had a conflict of interest in fulfilling his duties under US law and treaty in pursuing an investigation of Biden’s corruption.....

Hmmm, so are any of the democrat senators running against him going to recuse themselves from participating in an impeachment trial?

Jul 2019
Georgia
I just got a pre-recorded call from DC asking me to "send a brick to Chuck and Nancy" on behalf of trump

I have no idea what even in the hell :lol:

Reactions: leekohler2
May 2018
none
The best possible justification of Trump’s impeachment is that he had a conflict of interest in fulfilling his duties under US law and treaty in pursuing an investigation of Biden’s corruption.....

Hmmm, so are any of the democrat senators running against him going to recuse themselves from participating in an impeachment trial?
You live in a very bizarre alternative reality. Thing is, I don't think even you believe the crap you spew. I think you expect others to, but none of us are that stupid.