The official Impeachment Trial thread.

Jul 2015
chicago
I am glad this thread has been started. This is where I get to see the lefty heads exploding in two weeks, when this all comes to a screeching halt.

• Haha
Reactions: Neil
Jul 2019
Georgia
I am glad this thread has been started. This is where I get to see the lefty heads exploding in two weeks, when this all comes to a screeching halt.
again.
no realistic person thinks the Senate will remove.

that would require 66 Senators to do what's right, you realize that don't you?
not gonna happen

this is to get them on record
remember, trump isn't going to quit being trump any time soon, so it could haunt any Senator who votes against for a while

Jul 2015
chicago
….

this is to get them on record
remember, trump isn't going to quit being trump any time soon, so it could haunt any Senator who votes against for a while
Yes all of the Trump voters will back those Republican Senators who vote in favor of Trump. You are operating under the false illusion that backing Trump is a negative for voters but those Senators are going to ride on Trumps coat tails. Trump is a popular Republican.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neil
Dec 2015
Arizona
Maybe someone would like to explain the strategy behind the 12 hour days, starting at 1 pm.

The timeline laid out in the Kentucky Republican's four-page organizing resolution, which was obtained by CNN, is a break from the impeachment trial of President Bill Clinton, when the 24 hours were split over a four-day period. CNN

Jul 2019
Georgia
Yes all of the Trump voters will back those Republican Senators who vote in favor of Trump. You are operating under the false illusion that backing Trump is a negative for voters but those Senators are going to ride on Trumps coat tails. Trump is a popular Republican.
base will vote for trump and support senators who are trump sycophants no matter what. that was the case before this anyway.

Moscow Mitch and Lindsay have looked at their polling, and they need the base vote, that's why they're being sycophants, however them being on record may motivate voters to vote against him.

base is only about 25%-30% of voters though

there are vulnerable Senators (Tillis, Collins, Gardner), but not enough to reach 66 anyway. The best we can hope for is at least 4 of them will have a conscious and allow a witness trial, which will also hurt the sycophants when they ultimately vote against removal.

Last edited:
Reactions: tecoyah
May 2018
none
The only way my head would explode is if the Senate actually did their jobs and removed Trump. That would be a total surprise. But as we all know, the GOP is not fond of the law or the constitution. Rules are not for them, but for other people.

Reactions: tecoyah and se7en