The One Sin Obama Could Not Be Forgiven For

Jun 2018
La Pine, Oregon
The One Sin White Evangelicals Couldn't Forgive Barack Obama For

Indeed the 2016 election ushered in a new age of staggering miracles. We have seen in white Evangelicals and Donald Trump, a level of mercy they were simply incapable of during the previous eight years.

Yes, he said he could grab women by the pussy.
Yes, he said he “moved” on a married woman, “like a bitch.”
Yes, he said that he “tried to f*ck her.”
Yes, he’d been credibly accused by multiple women of sexual assault.
Yes, he’d been an unapologetic serial adulterer.

A Presidential candidate representing the Christian “Families Values” party with this growing resume of immorality. Certainly, this kind of abject ugliness would have been a spiritual disqualifier, for men and women who were morally offended by President Obama in a tan suit? For a people fully outraged at Michelle Obama’s bare upper arms? For believers indignant at the phrase “Happy Holidays” on a coffee cup?
For Christians apparently sickened by the then President’s supposedly brilliantly-hidden Muslim faith?

Surely Trump’s putrid moral malfeasance would be a deal breaker for faithful disciples of Jesus.

Nope.

“He was a baby Christian.”
“All men talk like that.”
“He’s repentant.”
“He’s forgiven by God.”
“He’s a changed man.”

These would now be their default sermons, in response to the nearly hourly stomach-turning offenses and revelations that have followed. In the wake of every white supremacist Cabinet appointment, every new unearthed sign of election fraud, every dangerous social media attack on a war hero or civil rights trailblazer or Muslim political critic, every racially-charged rally diatribe, every legislative attack on migrants.

And when Trump’s actions were so sickening, his words so incendiary, his instability so obvious that such words of defense proved laughable—They summoned yet one more miracle from the heavens in his defense:

“God is using Donald Trump the way he used other sinners in the Bible.”

But what of the sin Obama could not be forgiven for? He is Black.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado

Yup, God is using Donald Trump the way he used other sinners in the Bible, this time to make America great again, because, you know, God always takes sides, and answers the prayers of those who need a three-car garage for all their toys while He ignores the silly petitions of those who are starving.

God wants to see the stock market go up, so he uses Trump to cut taxes and stuff, you know, making shit great again and other stuff. And, it really pains God's heart when he sees America's GDP growth slipping below three percent. Again, God sends Trump to the rescue.

Yes, yes, the meek had a chance to inherit the earth, but they blew their chance. Things ain't what they used to be.

Sep 2019
NY
The One Sin White Evangelicals Couldn't Forgive Barack Obama For

Indeed the 2016 election ushered in a new age of staggering miracles. We have seen in white Evangelicals and Donald Trump, a level of mercy they were simply incapable of during the previous eight years.

Yes, he said he could grab women by the pussy.
Yes, he said he “moved” on a married woman, “like a bitch.”
Yes, he said that he “tried to f*ck her.”
Yes, he’d been credibly accused by multiple women of sexual assault.
Yes, he’d been an unapologetic serial adulterer.

A Presidential candidate representing the Christian “Families Values” party with this growing resume of immorality. Certainly, this kind of abject ugliness would have been a spiritual disqualifier, for men and women who were morally offended by President Obama in a tan suit? For a people fully outraged at Michelle Obama’s bare upper arms? For believers indignant at the phrase “Happy Holidays” on a coffee cup?
For Christians apparently sickened by the then President’s supposedly brilliantly-hidden Muslim faith?

Surely Trump’s putrid moral malfeasance would be a deal breaker for faithful disciples of Jesus.

Nope.

“He was a baby Christian.”
“All men talk like that.”
“He’s repentant.”
“He’s forgiven by God.”
“He’s a changed man.”

These would now be their default sermons, in response to the nearly hourly stomach-turning offenses and revelations that have followed. In the wake of every white supremacist Cabinet appointment, every new unearthed sign of election fraud, every dangerous social media attack on a war hero or civil rights trailblazer or Muslim political critic, every racially-charged rally diatribe, every legislative attack on migrants.

And when Trump’s actions were so sickening, his words so incendiary, his instability so obvious that such words of defense proved laughable—They summoned yet one more miracle from the heavens in his defense:

But what of the sin Obama could not be forgiven for? He is Black.
More than just being Black, evil people can't forgive President Obama for being a highly intelligent, poised, calm, successful, morally responsible, attractive Black man, with a gorgeous, intelligent Black wife and children who were well mannered instead of drunks and drug addicts like previous occupants in the White House.

If he had done a terrible job running this nation and as the leader of the free world, they would have been satisfied. But he had the audacity to not only end US/World recession, added 20 millions new jobs, stop MILLIONS of foreclosures, regulate banking to end predatory lending, lowered interest rates, higher minimum wages, effect de jure equal rights rather than lip service, slap sanctions on Putin that trump and Republicans still can't figure out how to rescind, be highly respected world wide (trump is hated world wide), etc. etc.

How dare a Black man be all that and then some!
How dare him run this nation like it a well oiled machine when his kind should still be slaves, owned by white people!
How dare him defy every lie and myth ever invented about Black people!
How dare him raise America (and the world) to high levels of existentialism not previously achieved in this modern civilization!
How dare a Black man do what White men are only suppose to do, yet failed to do! (like negotiate the Iran Nuclear Reduction Agreement that white Presidents and political statesmen and Israel failed to do for 30 years)
and finally,
How dare him not dance as well as they think Black people should! (hee hee. Prez can dance, but just not as good as he thinks he can.)

Attachments

Dec 2015
Arizona
Evangelical Christians seem to have found a way to justify just about anything and it's not just the presidency of Donald J Trump. Evangelicals base their faith on unusual doctrine: fear, authority, strength, sin, hell, damnation and the ultimate forgiveness of a God who will weigh their sins and do exactly what Catholic priests everywhere do: Say 3 Hail Marys and your sins will be forgiven. Just confess those sins--over and over and over---and you will be forgiven each and every time.
It's a pretty cool system when you think about it.
AND the authority part is essential. Trump is their protector. They love his strength, dominance, deceit, and manipulation. Evangelicals are and always were hypocrites, demanding moral rectitude from their enemies that they don’t expect from their friends. Trump represents the father-figure--the male equivalent of a dominatrix. Trump is their champion, fighting their culture wars.
Trump’s “favorite verse in the Bible (he says) is ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for tooth,’ ” the very maxim Christ was rebutting when he taught believers to return offense with peace. Evangelicals everywhere are heard chuckling.

If you like that mentality or politics as a blood sport, you've got to love Trump. Trump is an ideal leader.

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
More than just being Black, evil people can't forgive President Obama for being a highly intelligent, poised, calm, successful, morally responsible, attractive Black man, with a gorgeous, intelligent Black wife and children who were well mannered instead of drunks and drug addicts like previous occupants in the White House.

If he had done a terrible job running this nation and as the leader of the free world, they would have been satisfied. But he had the audacity to not only end US/World recession, added 20 millions new jobs, stop MILLIONS of foreclosures, regulate banking to end predatory lending, lowered interest rates, higher minimum wages, effect de jure equal rights rather than lip service, slap sanctions on Putin that trump and Republicans still can't figure out how to rescind, be highly respected world wide (trump is hated world wide), etc. etc.

How dare him run this nation like it a well oiled machine when his kind should still be slaves, owned by white people!
How dare him raise America (and the world) to high levels of existentialism not previously achieved in this modern civilization!
How dare a Black man do what White men are only suppose to do, yet failed to do! (like negotiate the Iran Nuclear Reduction Agreement that white Presidents and political statesmen and Israel failed to do for 30 years)
and finally,
How dare him not dance as well as they think Black people should! (hee hee. Prez can dance, but just not as good as he thinks he can.)
While I don't agree with everything you said, I think there's really something to the notion of intelligence being a massive appeal to the left and not as an appeal on the right. This is not to say the right isn't appealed by intelligence, but it seems to be a bigger factor on the left. Look at the recent presidents and presidential candidates

George Bush - He's an every day man. He sounds like me.
Barack Obama - Intelligent and well spoken
Hillary Clinton - Intelligent and experienced
Donald Trump - He sounds like me and isn't politically correct.

Even look at the current crop of candidates. Joe Biden is a gaffe machine and while he has the lead now he seems to be slipping. And you know who is gaining on him? Elizabeth Warren who is positioned as a former Harvard professor who's intelligent and has a plan.

People on the left really look at intelligence as the end-all be-all (to a fault if you ask me). It's part of the reason they look at Trump and are befuddled how anyone can support him.

Reactions: Clara007
Jun 2018
La Pine, Oregon
People on the left really look at intelligence as the end-all be-all (to a fault if you ask me). It's part of the reason they look at Trump and are befuddled how anyone can support him.
It is more then that, it is the humanity of the man. Obama did what he did in spite of the opposition from the right ("My job is to make him a one term President"). I was not a n Obama supporter, and then I began to actually listen to him, and then to his opposition. The difference between the two was astounding. One relied on truth, and humility. The other on hate, fear, and lies. Unfortunately the hate has begun to win more then the compassion. Dictators are winning globally.

What "befuddles" me is how can intelligent people ignore the perversions of one man to such a degree? Did not humanity learn anything from the Hitlers, Stalin's, and Mao's, of the past?

Aug 2019
Albuquerque, NM
It is more then that, it is the humanity of the man. Obama did what he did in spite of the opposition from the right ("My job is to make him a one term President"). I was not a n Obama supporter, and then I began to actually listen to him, and then to his opposition. The difference between the two was astounding. One relied on truth, and humility. The other on hate, fear, and lies. Unfortunately the hate has begun to win more then the compassion. Dictators are winning globally.

What "befuddles" me is how can intelligent people ignore the perversions of one man to such a degree? Did not humanity learn anything from the Hitlers, Stalin's, and Mao's, of the past?
They can ignore the perversions becuase of greed. If they aren't in the racist or idiot category, they are greedy. They just want their tax breaks, want to strip all protection for their workers so they can screw them and make even more money, they want to strip regulations so they can make more profit. That's why some intelligent people vote for Trump. Greedy scumbags, like a lot of the execs who are already millionaires and bilionaires and that's not good enough, they already own 90% of the wealth in this country, but that is not good enough. These people are the worst kind of human

Dec 2018
Wisconsin

Friendly word of advice: When you start comparing any american politician to Hitler, Stalin and Mao, you're going to lose. Those three men were directly involved in the murdering of 10s of millions of people. There is absolutely nothing an American politican has or can do that can even be compared to that. We need to tone DOWN the rheteric.

And I think this can answer your question. How can intelligent people look at Trump and ignore all the negative stuff. Well, there's a large segment of the left that has said for YEARS that republicans are racists, sexist, biggots, homophobic, and can be compared to, you know, Hitler, Stalen and Mao. If you're a republican one side regluarly calls you a racist, a sexist, a biggot and a homophobe, how are you going to react when someone like Donald Trump comes along and starts punching back? You're going to support that because you're tired of being punched.

Over the last 3 years I've started to wonder what the left and right prefer more: rooting for their own team or rooting against the other team. I think for the right it's clearly the later. I think the base Trump supporter would MUCH rather "own the libs" than stand for traditional conservative values. If Donald Trump is going to use US tax payer money to force his staff to stay in his private resorts even though it's more expensive than alternatives, conservatives look the other way because they know it pisses off liberals.

And I'm pretty sure liberals aren't that far behind.

Apr 2019
America

and finally,
with a gorgeous, intelligent Black wife and children who were well mannered instead of drunks and drug addicts like previous occupants in the White House.
Gorgeous is a stretch. For a while the Secret Service thought an aircraft carrier was following Michelle then they found out it was just her fat ass. Obama's oldest daughter does have a drug problem. The worship of a lying anti-American traitor is fucking ridiculous. His color does not matter one bit.