The One Sin Obama Could Not Be Forgiven For

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
Don't be ridiculous. I can, I will and I just did. My goal has nothing to do with convincing Conservatives.
That's impossible.
My objective is, to tell the truth. To state the facts. To pump up the voters who are still on the fence.
Trump may not CURRENTLY BE a dictator, but he's frighteningly close....closer than this country has ever been.
Honestly, this is the kind of rediculousness that the right complains about. Trump is frighneingly close to becoming a dictator? How so? Is he going to get rid of the Senate? Is he going to get rid of the House of Representatives? Is he going to get rid of the Supreme Court? Is he going to run for 3 terms? Is he going to get rid of national elections? Because if not, he CANNOT be a dictator. And since he CAN'T do any of these things, he is not and never will be a dictator.

This is exactly what I'm talking about when I say the rhetoric being thrown around is not helpful.

And on a side note, my brother in law is a conservative and he often tells me about how he "knows the truth" just like you do. If you're "telling the truth" but not trying to convince anyone, you're doing nothing more than complaining. If you know the truth but can't be bothered to try and convince anyone, why are you here?

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
You are wasting your time trying to tell the Left how to use their propaganda responsibly. Every GOP President or Presidential candidate since Ike has been labeled a racist, even McCain whom the Left fell in love with after he went to war with Trump.

And looking at how all blacks seem to still vote "D" even though a large number of them live in the democrat killing fields of places like Chicago or Baltimore or even in New York where there have been more black abortions than births, they by in large still believe this propaganda and even though black unemployment are at historical lows.

Today, the Left has given up on the Putin conspiracy and have gone full bore "Trump is a racist" to beat him in 2020 instead of the Putin thingy. This is despite the evidence that Trump is not a racist, having had a black girl friend for two years who is perplexed at the racial charges, and a man who once asked Oprah to run with him as a VP.

In reality, the democrat party is by far the most racist, even calling one of their own out saying anti-Semitic things, but refusing to punish her or ban her in any way and then turning right around and backing her 100% on everything else while trying to convince us Trump is racist because he uses terms like invasion, or wall, or man or woman.
Putting all the rhetoric aside I have a question for you from one person on the left to another person on the right.

I've taken the position the right has been told for years that they're racist, sexist, homophobes. The right had been compared to Hitler, Stalin and Mao. So after years of feeling this way, the right was incredibly drawn to Trump because he came in and basically told the left to go fuck themselves. That is, in part, what made Trump so attractive compared to previous candidates.

Would you agree with this characterization or am I off? I'm asking honestly.

Dec 2015
Arizona
Honestly, this is the kind of rediculousness that the right complains about. Trump is frighneingly close to becoming a dictator? How so? Is he going to get rid of the Senate? Is he going to get rid of the House of Representatives? Is he going to get rid of the Supreme Court? Is he going to run for 3 terms? Is he going to get rid of national elections? Because if not, he CANNOT be a dictator. And since he CAN'T do any of these things, he is not and never will be a dictator.

This is exactly what I'm talking about when I say the rhetoric being thrown around is not helpful.

And on a side note, my brother in law is a conservative and he often tells me about how he "knows the truth" just like you do. If you're "telling the truth" but not trying to convince anyone, you're doing nothing more than complaining. If you know the truth but can't be bothered to try and convince anyone, why are you here?
I didn't say Trump is a dictator. I said "....he's frighteningly close....closer than this country has ever been." AND I gave you any number of examples. Why bother? Sounding an alarm? Shouting FIRE?? Because this is an alarming situation? Conservatives (Trump's base) will not be moved. They justified their vote a long time ago. That's on them...but there are millions of voters who have NOT decided IF THEY are even going to the polls. If nothing else, American voters NEED to VOTE, particularly the ones who didn't vote in 2016. We need their votes.

The president has provided us with ample signs that he will use the powers of the presidency in ways previously unimaginable. The fact that he is an incumbent president is even more frightening. If you think for one minute that Trump won't USE the office of the presidency to manipulate our government, then you aren't thinking clearly.
Trump doesn't have to "get rid" of the senate or the Supremes because they are IN HIS hip pocket. Trump doesn't need 3 terms to destroy what little is left of our representative democracy. He can easily do it in 8 years and I'm not the only one who thinks this is possible. AND the House is handcuffed by the Senate.

The power of an incumbent president to aid re-election by abusing the executive branch has in the past been limited by a few powerful forces: Presidential integrity; the fear of a scandal emerging in the media; and the prospect of aggressive congressional oversight.
Due to forces outside their control, the Democratic nominee won’t be saved by the first two “norms-based” options. And as a result of Pelosi's strategy (and yours?) of not “focusing on Trump,” the president has every reason to scoff at the prospect of aggressive congressional oversight up to and including a genuine “go big” effort at impeachment.

Consider these questions: Does President Trump have the means, motive, and opportunity to tilt the 2020 election? The answer, unfortunately, is yes, yes, and yes. And it behooves Democrats to understand that before it is too late.
Can a sitting president shift resources (say military bases) from a blue state to a red state? Can a sitting president use the military to alter or create a national emergency? Can a sitting president use the authoritarian voice of the federal government to misinform voters? Lie to voters? Cover up canoodling and relationships with foreign powers? Can a sitting president lever foreign powers to achieve his own political goals? How about influencing social media?
AND if by chance Trump is caught in his own lawlessness....should he be worried when his AG is Billy Barr??

This is an important election. If I need to break the glass on the fire alarm and grab the ax....I'll do it. AND why aren't you raising the roof?

Dec 2015
Arizona
Did I say I supported Clinton, either one, or did your ass tell you that was the point of my post?
Beware. Up next: Whatabout Obama, Benghazi, tan suits and You Can Keep Your Doctor.
It's almost impossible for the zealots to communicate without referencing all the above.

Reactions: Lloyd Christmas
Aug 2019
Albuquerque, NM
Putting all the rhetoric aside I have a question for you from one person on the left to another person on the right.

I've taken the position the right has been told for years that they're racist, sexist, homophobes. The right had been compared to Hitler, Stalin and Mao. So after years of feeling this way, the right was incredibly drawn to Trump because he came in and basically told the left to go fuck themselves. That is, in part, what made Trump so attractive compared to previous candidates.

Would you agree with this characterization or am I off? I'm asking honestly.
That just proves they are racist, sexist and homophobes. Because Trump told liberals to F off, and he is all those characteristics. Notice, they never defend their actual positions as not being racist, they always deflect. Or say "oh, lbierals play the race card again". THey never deny it, they never say why liberals are wrong. That just proves liberals are spot on

Jul 2019
Georgia
I might disagree to some extent. Poor rural folk who vote against their own interests comes to mind. And yes, there is a certain race dominating that demographic.
true,
the difference being African Americans generally don't vote against their own interests

Reactions: RNG
Dec 2018
Wisconsin
That just proves they are racist, sexist and homophobes. Because Trump told liberals to F off, and he is all those characteristics. Notice, they never defend their actual positions as not being racist, they always deflect. Or say "oh, lbierals play the race card again". THey never deny it, they never say why liberals are wrong. That just proves liberals are spot on
You explanation is fitting for your avatar.

Jun 2018
La Pine, Oregon

It is this kind of ignorance that the rest of us are talking about:

The Alarming Scope of the President's Emergency Powers

Reactions: Lloyd Christmas
Aug 2019
Albuquerque, NM
Let's be real, there are two sins of Obama, being black, and being liberal. Right will hate on anybody who is a liberal, they have been brainwashed to blindly hate liberals and stupidly think they are all the worlds problems even though its the assholes they elect that are the problem

Reactions: se7en