The One Sin Obama Could Not Be Forgiven For

Feb 2019
here and there
Putting all the rhetoric aside I have a question for you from one person on the left to another person on the right.

I've taken the position the right has been told for years that they're racist, sexist, homophobes. The right had been compared to Hitler, Stalin and Mao. So after years of feeling this way, the right was incredibly drawn to Trump because he came in and basically told the left to go fuck themselves. That is, in part, what made Trump so attractive compared to previous candidates.

Would you agree with this characterization or am I off? I'm asking honestly.
Absolutely!

Feb 2019
here and there
David was not only an adulterer with Bathsheba, but he also had her husband Uriah murdered. Consumed by his lust, he used his authority to bring her into his house and ended up fathering a child by her.
A real nice guy, according to TN....because coveting, lust, adultery and murder are the same things as Obama's "laziness"??
David was anointed by God to be king. Why? Because he was the best candidate and yes, compared to the other choices, he was a "nice" guy.

But the real lesson here I think is the issue of making a sinful man king. In 1 Samuel 8 we see the people demand a king and we see God warn them of the abuses if they insist upon one, but they would not heed the warnings of God and they ended up with David.

And that is the lesson, just like we see with the movie the Lord of the Rings. Put that ring of power on and it changes you, and not for the better.

Feb 2019
here and there
Let's be real, there are two sins of Obama, being black, and being liberal. Right will hate on anybody who is a liberal, they have been brainwashed to blindly hate liberals and stupidly think they are all the worlds problems even though its the assholes they elect that are the problem
And those assholes, as you say, come from your own society.

The real issue is the morality of the populace. The reason why the American Revolution was such as success was that you had a group of men who came from a society that had moral fiber. But today, we get Trump and Hillary. America has lost it's Biblical roots.

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
black people are not stupid, sorry.

when you post things like this, you make them out like they're unable to think for themselves, which is entirely untrue.

Then why do you support a party that has put BLACKS in the worst Schools in the City? (Democrat party) you notice the worst schools are NOT in the Mayors' neighborhoods....

Packed public housing in to a few blocks of the city, instead of spreading the housing throughout the community? (This began with the Great Society, with LBJs CONCENTYRATED HOUSING PROGRAM.... after they had to change the name...... to Public Housing because (It sounded too much like, and was beginning to be referenced as CONCENTRATION CAMP) One of First Great Society attempt at "Concentrated Housing" was Cabrini–Green Homes in Chicago.

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
David was anointed by God to be king. Why? Because he was the best candidate and yes, compared to the other choices, he was a "nice" guy.

But the real lesson here I think is the issue of making a sinful man king. In 1 Samuel 8 we see the people demand a king and we see God warn them of the abuses if they insist upon one, but they would not heed the warnings of God and they ended up with David.

And that is the lesson, just like we see with the movie the Lord of the Rings. Put that ring of power on and it changes you, and not for the better.

David was a nice guy??

He was a Liar
he was a Thief
He was an Adulterer
He was a Murderer

God Used him anyway, in spite of his flaws.

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
I didn't say Trump is a dictator. I said "....he's frighteningly close....closer than this country has ever been." AND I gave you any number of examples. Why bother? Sounding an alarm? Shouting FIRE?? Because this is an alarming situation? Conservatives (Trump's base) will not be moved. They justified their vote a long time ago. That's on them...but there are millions of voters who have NOT decided IF THEY are even going to the polls. If nothing else, American voters NEED to VOTE, particularly the ones who didn't vote in 2016. We need their votes.

The president has provided us with ample signs that he will use the powers of the presidency in ways previously unimaginable. The fact that he is an incumbent president is even more frightening. If you think for one minute that Trump won't USE the office of the presidency to manipulate our government, then you aren't thinking clearly.
Trump doesn't have to "get rid" of the senate or the Supremes because they are IN HIS hip pocket. Trump doesn't need 3 terms to destroy what little is left of our representative democracy. He can easily do it in 8 years and I'm not the only one who thinks this is possible. AND the House is handcuffed by the Senate.

The power of an incumbent president to aid re-election by abusing the executive branch has in the past been limited by a few powerful forces: Presidential integrity; the fear of a scandal emerging in the media; and the prospect of aggressive congressional oversight.
Due to forces outside their control, the Democratic nominee won’t be saved by the first two “norms-based” options. And as a result of Pelosi's strategy (and yours?) of not “focusing on Trump,” the president has every reason to scoff at the prospect of aggressive congressional oversight up to and including a genuine “go big” effort at impeachment.

Consider these questions: Does President Trump have the means, motive, and opportunity to tilt the 2020 election? The answer, unfortunately, is yes, yes, and yes. And it behooves Democrats to understand that before it is too late.
Can a sitting president shift resources (say military bases) from a blue state to a red state? Can a sitting president use the military to alter or create a national emergency? Can a sitting president use the authoritarian voice of the federal government to misinform voters? Lie to voters? Cover up canoodling and relationships with foreign powers? Can a sitting president lever foreign powers to achieve his own political goals? How about influencing social media?
AND if by chance Trump is caught in his own lawlessness....should he be worried when his AG is Billy Barr??

This is an important election. If I need to break the glass on the fire alarm and grab the ax....I'll do it. AND why aren't you raising the roof?

How is he close to being a Dictator, all trump is proposing is FOLLOWING THE LAW AS WRITTEN BY CONGRESS, PASSED BY BOTH HOUSES OF CONGRESS, SIGNED BY PREVIOUS PRESIDENTS, AND HAVE NOT BEEN REPEALED.

How is that DICTATOR LIKE..

Now a Dictator is a person that violates the Laws, violates the founding document(s) of the government... and violates the rights of the people. The POTUS that did that MORE THAN ANY MODERN PRESIDENT (Modern President = any President that was in office 1900 to present), That president was the 44th President of the untied states.

FYI.. the USSC just UPHELD TRUMP AGAIN, making is restrictions on Asylum Seekers, NATIONAL..

Reactions: caconservative
Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
Beware. Up next: Whatabout Obama, Benghazi, tan suits and You Can Keep Your Doctor.
It's almost impossible for the zealots to communicate without referencing all the above.
Obama Weak in Court Upholding Executive Actions

a plurality were overturned with 9 JUSTICES in agreement.. 13-15 times the USSC overturned Obama's XOs with the total court ruling against him. another That does not count the other 8-7, 6-2 and 5-4 rulings.

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
Lazy huh?

Guess that’s better than “uppity”

I remember “smug” too

All dog whistles.

Now Now... l lets not go GA Cracker redneck now.... There are times I was in 100% Total Agreement with Obama on Issues.

Now you want to talk uppity.. after that POST YOU NEED TO LOOK in the Mirror... My Grandfather was the UPPITY Ni....r in my home town...

Thank God for the NRA, who fought for the Rights of BLACKS to be armed...

I don't think you have been in a house while the local "White Knights" burned a cross in the yard... I have.

Dec 2015
Arizona
Thank you.

Note to the people on the left. Like it or not, logical or illogical, purposely or by accident... if you want to understand how we got Trump, please read this exchange.
Pure, unadulterated rubbish. Trump's victory was a complicated multifaceted combination of flukes. There are dozens of reasons why Trump won and maybe ONE of those reasons was the Right's disgust for the Left. Ask us IF WE CARE.

AND your childish "See I told you so" after an "ABSOLUTELY" from one poster who answered your question is... well.....more than disappointing.