the people's desires of NASA

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
This article from NASA says terraforming Mars is impossible and they claim this is because our current technology don't allow it. This assumes better technology can make it happen which is a line of crap designed to excuse the real reason why NASA has abandoned the idea.
Mars Terraforming Not Possible Using Present-Day Technology

Now back in 2000 when I first began to follow this unscientific farce
NASA - Kathleen Burton

NASA has abandoned it. I have heard so many times over the years from atheists how we Christians are gonna feel stupid when NASA finds life on Mars. Well, no life on Mars and no water....nothing but dry ice. Yet NASA cannot even admit defeat. They suggest that more technology could somehow restore life on Mars. No amount of technology is going to restore dead red.
100 years ago people could not have imagined a device small enough to put in a pocket, yet powerful enough to allow people, some times multiple people, to communicate INSTANTLY over vast distances. A device that would also allow the user to access nearly the whole of human knowledge from almost anywhere. They could not have imagined the ability to post a comment in a common area where people from all over the world could not only view that comment but leave a reply to it !!! They could not have imagined we could deliver a person to the moon, allow him to walk around on the moon, then bring him home. They could not have imagined operating on a beating heart !!! They could not have imagined a day when almost everyone, at least in this country, owns an automobile. Nor could they have imagined they would be as fast, efficient and safe as they have become. I think about the changes my grand parents saw in their lifetimes, what I've seen in mine, and I can truly only imagine the things our children and grand children see in the future. A habital Mars and deep space travel ?? Maybe not today, but tomorrow is a whole other possibility.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
This article from NASA says terraforming Mars is impossible and they claim this is because our current technology don't allow it. This assumes better technology can make it happen which is a line of crap designed to excuse the real reason why NASA has abandoned the idea.
Mars Terraforming Not Possible Using Present-Day Technology

Now back in 2000 when I first began to follow this unscientific farce
NASA - Kathleen Burton

NASA has abandoned it. I have heard so many times over the years from atheists how we Christians are gonna feel stupid when NASA finds life on Mars. Well, no life on Mars and no water....nothing but dry ice. Yet NASA cannot even admit defeat. They suggest that more technology could somehow restore life on Mars. No amount of technology is going to restore dead red.
From the first link:

Although studies investigating the possibility of terraforming Mars have been made before, the new result takes advantage of about 20 years of additional spacecraft observations of Mars. “These data have provided substantial new information on the history of easily vaporized (volatile) materials like CO2 and H2O on the planet, the abundance of volatiles locked up on and below the surface, and the loss of gas from the atmosphere to space,” said co-author Christopher Edwards of Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, Arizona.
The researchers analyzed the abundance of carbon-bearing minerals and the occurrence of CO2 in polar ice using data from NASA’s Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter and Mars Odyssey spacecraft, and used data on the loss of the Martian atmosphere to space by NASA’s MAVEN (Mars Atmosphere and Volatile Evolution) spacecraft.
“Our results suggest that there is not enough CO2 remaining on Mars to provide significant greenhouse warming were the gas to be put into the atmosphere; in addition, most of the CO2 gas is not accessible and could not be readily mobilized. As a result, terraforming Mars is not possible using present-day technology,” said Jakosky.
As new information becomes available, projections are modified. Some people initially thought terraforming Mars is possible. Some still believe it is. In the above article the Martian carbon that is reasonably easy to release to the atmosphere falls quite short of the amount needed to significantly warm Mars.

Martian science like climatology is a rapidly evolving science. Any evolving science incorporating new observations will, at times, discover that its theories and predictions were based on incomplete knowledge. And thus the theories and predictions can change over time. Science, unlike dogmatic belief, corrects itself.

I cannot think of any reason why the discovery of life other than on earth should cause any angst for a Christian. Yeshua never taught that life other than on earth was impossible, and that any effort to discover such life is the work of Satan.

Jun 2018
United States
100 years ago people could not have imagined a device small enough to put in a pocket, yet powerful enough to allow people, some times multiple people, to communicate INSTANTLY over vast distances. A device that would also allow the user to access nearly the whole of human knowledge from almost anywhere. They could not have imagined the ability to post a comment in a common area where people from all over the world could not only view that comment but leave a reply to it !!! They could not have imagined we could deliver a person to the moon, allow him to walk around on the moon, then bring him home. They could not have imagined operating on a beating heart !!! They could not have imagined a day when almost everyone, at least in this country, owns an automobile. Nor could they have imagined they would be as fast, efficient and safe as they have become. I think about the changes my grand parents saw in their lifetimes, what I've seen in mine, and I can truly only imagine the things our children and grand children see in the future. A habital Mars and deep space travel ?? Maybe not today, but tomorrow is a whole other possibility.
They could not imagine people would be able to fly either (Isa.60:8).

I am not talking about feats of science nor am I opposed to that. I am, however, opposed to pseudoscience which NASA committed themselves to with their terraforming Mars idea. Had they studied science they would have rejected the idea so quickly we would have never known it was an idea. But they did commit themselves to this faulty idea which proves evolutionists do not know science.

Jun 2018
United States
From the first link:

Although studies investigating the possibility of terraforming Mars have been made before, the new result takes advantage of about 20 years of additional spacecraft observations of Mars. “These data have provided substantial new information on the history of easily vaporized (volatile) materials like CO2 and H2O on the planet, the abundance of volatiles locked up on and below the surface, and the loss of gas from the atmosphere to space,” said co-author Christopher Edwards of Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, Arizona.
The researchers analyzed the abundance of carbon-bearing minerals and the occurrence of CO2 in polar ice using data from NASA’s Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter and Mars Odyssey spacecraft, and used data on the loss of the Martian atmosphere to space by NASA’s MAVEN (Mars Atmosphere and Volatile Evolution) spacecraft.
“Our results suggest that there is not enough CO2 remaining on Mars to provide significant greenhouse warming were the gas to be put into the atmosphere; in addition, most of the CO2 gas is not accessible and could not be readily mobilized. As a result, terraforming Mars is not possible using present-day technology,” said Jakosky.
As new information becomes available, projections are modified. Some people initially thought terraforming Mars is possible. Some still believe it is. In the above article the Martian carbon that is reasonably easy to release to the atmosphere falls quite short of the amount needed to significantly warm Mars.

Martian science like climatology is a rapidly evolving science. Any evolving science incorporating new observations will, at times, discover that its theories and predictions were based on incomplete knowledge. And thus the theories and predictions can change over time. Science, unlike dogmatic belief, corrects itself.

I cannot think of any reason why the discovery of life other than on earth should cause any angst for a Christian. Yeshua never taught that life other than on earth was impossible, and that any effort to discover such life is the work of Satan.
I am not saying a discovery of life somewhere else is a case against Christianity. Though many atheists seem to suggest it is. My contention here has nothing to do with that. What I am pointing out is the inability for evolution theory to be a model of science. This model has deluded NASA scientists into thinking it was possible as my second link demonstrated
NASA - Kathleen Burton

But you can give NASA a 100-trillion dollar budget to work with and real water on Mars and still no terraforming is possible.

Apr 2013
Left coast
From the first link:

Another factor that would make things really tough is that Mars only has 0.38 of the gravity of earth. Because of that, even CO2 and oxygen would escape to space quite readily.

Domes would be the only way, and transporting the domes themselves or the "factory" needed to manufacture them would require a whole hell of a lot of time, energy and resources.

Jun 2018
United States
Another factor that would make things really tough is that Mars only has 0.38 of the gravity of earth. Because of that, even CO2 and oxygen would escape to space quite readily.

Domes would be the only way, and transporting the domes themselves or the "factory" needed to manufacture them would require a whole hell of a lot of time, energy and resources.
True. Though that time and energy would be wasted time and energy. What are people gonna do there, mine for rocks? Mining is all they could do and I'm not sure if working in such harsh conditions would be worth it. NASA should have known all this beforehand. There is no excuse for such ignorance among professional scientists.

The biggest objection to the terrraforming Mars idea, besides trying to melt dry ice, is the idea of growth on the planet. That cannot happen since (a) there is no magnetic field (b) there is not one active volcano because (c) the core of the planet is dead.

Our earth has an active core which is akin to how the human heart works in us. The volcanos are the blood vessels and arteries of the earth. The earth itself is alive. Without a core the planet cannot provide needed nutrients in the soil and nothing can grow or live.

56fbc4eadd089570618b4a39-750-469.jpg

The core on Mars is inactive...dead.
100801097_8ad154677f_z.jpg

So the idea of growth on Mars is something every professional scientist should have known right away.