The Racist Democrats

Dec 2019
Utah, USA
I'm troubled by the various "factions" within the Democrat party. Although generally most or all Democrats and intelligent Independents are socially liberal, the various minority groups are segmented by race and religion. Instead of uniting in common cause, minorities vote based on who they perceive as most sympathetic to their individual group's interests and concerns.

Question: Isn't the objective to eliminate race and religion as a political consideration? Wouldn't that result in a much more unified and effective collective? And PLEASE, I am not trying to insinuate that those biases and grievances aren't real, don't exist, or that they should be ignored! What I'm trying to say is that by focusing on those issues as a platform, we end up with a less effective movement and diminished power to make the changes we all feel are necessary to solve other problems!

I happen to be caucasion, and have no right to suggest that I understand the plights of minorities. My priorities are not focused on race at all, however I do understand why theirs are. The conversations I have with other Dems rarely focus on minority issues, yet I know that we sympathize with their struggles (as a group). If given the opportunity, most every liberally minded Democrat would denounce race-based ideologies. Blacks support the rights of Hispanics, liberal Caucasians support the rights of Blacks and Hispanics, etc.

I personally no longer watch racially biased news programs (eg. Joy Reid, Rev. Sharpton, etc). In my view they are divisive and don't promote unity in political goals. That doesn't mean I am ignoring their struggles. Far from it. It simply means that by focusing on those issues, we ignore the issues that bring us together and move us forward towards the changes we all want as a unified effort.

Thoughts? (smart-ass comments are discouraged, but will be ignored as necessary)....

May 2018
none
The best thing to do is walk the walk. Live in a racially diverse neighborhood, work in a similar workplace- in other words, mean what you say. It makes it easier to find commonality while at the same time being able to discuss racial and minority concerns. I see good reasons to discuss race, religion or anything else when it comes to political objectives. I think it's imperative, especially now.

LTP

Mar 2018
Undisclosed Bunker
I'm troubled by the various "factions" within the Democrat party. Although generally most or all Democrats and intelligent Independents are socially liberal, the various minority groups are segmented by race and religion. Instead of uniting in common cause, minorities vote based on who they perceive as most sympathetic to their individual group's interests and concerns.

Question: Isn't the objective to eliminate race and religion as a political consideration? Wouldn't that result in a much more unified and effective collective? And PLEASE, I am not trying to insinuate that those biases and grievances aren't real, don't exist, or that they should be ignored! What I'm trying to say is that by focusing on those issues as a platform, we end up with a less effective movement and diminished power to make the changes we all feel are necessary to solve other problems!

I happen to be caucasion, and have no right to suggest that I understand the plights of minorities. My priorities are not focused on race at all, however I do understand why theirs are. The conversations I have with other Dems rarely focus on minority issues, yet I know that we sympathize with their struggles (as a group). If given the opportunity, most every liberally minded Democrat would denounce race-based ideologies. Blacks support the rights of Hispanics, liberal Caucasians support the rights of Blacks and Hispanics, etc.

I personally no longer watch racially biased news programs (eg. Joy Reid, Rev. Sharpton, etc). In my view they are divisive and don't promote unity in political goals. That doesn't mean I am ignoring their struggles. Far from it. It simply means that by focusing on those issues, we ignore the issues that bring us together and move us forward towards the changes we all want as a unified effort.

Thoughts? (smart-ass comments are discouraged, but will be ignored as necessary)....
1) Politics is religion in action

2) God destroyed the world once when the people sought to be one. A One World Government / One Religion / One Race utopia will end the Republic as it done for every civilization that has tried it - It will end that civilization.

Maybe you should research why America came to be. Here is a start:

Dec 2019
Utah, USA
The best thing to do is walk the walk. Live in a racially diverse neighborhood, work in a similar workplace- in other words, mean what you say. It makes it easier to find commonality while at the same time being able to discuss racial and minority concerns. I see good reasons to discuss race, religion or anything else when it comes to political objectives. I think it's imperative, especially now.
I'm not on any crusade to understand minority issues really. I live where I want, and expect that everyone should be able to do the same. The point is, the ultimate objective is to live in harmony (utopian, I know!) with other "people", not to go out of our way to experience other's struggles. Whites, Blacks, Hispanics, Asian peoples all need water, breathable air, and food. We all need to focus on saving the planet (from ourselves), and every other need in life. When one group or the other (within the scope of a single Democrat party) focuses on their own issue(s), this opens the door to divisions in purpose, and diffuses the power of the 1. It dilutes the power of our unified objectives.

The media tries to present various minority-based issues, and in doing so, it further highlights those differences, and dilutes the vote. Imagine not considering the "best candidate" based on their race, religion, or other difference, and instead focuses on issues that relate to all of us. The only possible reason to focus on any 1 group's issues that I can think of is to be politically sensitive and correct. I don't see that as productive at all, as it only serves to point out that we are different kinds of people. I don't see that as true.

Dec 2019
Utah, USA
1) Politics is religion in action
Yes, which is why I am a proud anti-theist, and member of FFRF.
2) God destroyed the world once when the people sought to be one. A One World Government / One Religion / One Race utopia will end the Republic as it done for every civilization that has tried it - It will end that civilization.
Maybe, if you believe God destroyed the world. People destroyed the world by embracing religion.
Maybe you should research why America came to be. Here is a start:
I could care less why America came to be. I care where America is headed. The why only serves to find a solution.

Last edited:
May 2018
none
I'm not on any crusade to understand minority issues really. I live where I want, and expect that everyone should be able to do the same. The point is, the ultimate objective is to live in harmony (utopian, I know!) with other "people", not to go out of our way to experience other's struggles. Whites, Blacks, Hispanics, Asian peoples all need water, breathable air, and food. We all need to focus on saving the planet (from ourselves), and every other need in life. When one group or the other (within the scope of a single Democrat party) focuses on their own issue(s), this opens the door to divisions in purpose, and diffuses the power of the 1. It dilutes the power of our unified objectives.

The media tries to present various minority-based issues, and in doing so, it further highlights those differences, and dilutes the vote. Imagine not considering the "best candidate" based on their race, religion, or other difference, and instead focuses on issues that relate to all of us. The only possible reason to focus on any 1 group's issues that I can think of is to be politically sensitive and correct. I don't see that as productive at all, as it only serves to point out that we are different kinds of people. I don't see that as true.
I don't consider candidates based on their race. I don't think most people do. However, I do consider candidates on their stances on every issue, including racial and other minority issues. You're damn right I do.

If you'd like to be reminded of who actually pays attention to race, look no further than the GOP labeling certain lawmakers as "The Squad" and telling then to "go home to their countries". Those GOP members? Never getting my vote. And they shouldn't get anyone else's vote either. I'll err on the the Democratic side, thanks.

Dec 2019
Utah, USA
I don't consider candidates based on their race. I don't think most people do. However, I do consider candidates on their stances on every issue, including racial and other minority issues. You're damn right I do.
Nor do I. Not sure that "most people don't" though. You may be right, but that's exactly the objective in my opinion. The point I *think* I've been trying to make is that the MSM IS highlighting the fact that there's not enough "diversity" (meaning ethnicity) on the debate tonight....As if that matters. If there's not enough diversity on stage, then how about we blame the 60% of Democrats in Carolina that DIDN'T support their own minority candidates! OH! And btw, GOOD ON YA! Thanks~
If you'd like to be reminded of who actually pays attention to race, look no further than the GOP labeling certain lawmakers as "The Squad" and telling then to "go home to their countries". Those GOP members? Never getting my vote. And they shouldn't get anyone else's vote either. I'll err on the the Democratic side, thanks.
Heheh, that's why I "scoped" the discussion to Democrats! No need to point out the GOP. Goes without saying, right?

May 2018
none
Nor do I. Not sure that "most people don't" though. You may be right, but that's exactly the objective in my opinion. The point I *think* I've been trying to make is that the MSM IS highlighting the fact that there's not enough "diversity" (meaning ethnicity) on the debate tonight....As if that matters. If there's not enough diversity on stage, then how about we blame the 60% of Democrats in Carolina that DIDN'T support their own minority candidates! OH! And btw, GOOD ON YA! Thanks~
Well, it is what it is at this point. However, I do see what they're saying. After all, if we "look" just like the GOP, are we really different? That's a fair question for the media to ask. Air the same time, these candidates are who people voted for. And to be fair, one is gay, which would have been unheard of even in the last election.

Heheh, that's why I "scoped" the discussion to Democrats! No need to point out the GOP. Goes without saying, right?
Just making sure we're on the same page. ;)

Last edited:

LTP

Mar 2018
Undisclosed Bunker
Yes, which is why I am a proud anti-theist, and member of FFRF.

Maybe, if you believe God destroyed the world. People destroyed the world by embracing religion.

I could care less why America came to be. I care where America is headed. The why only serves to find a solution.
He who forgets the past is doomed to repeat it. Floods do not happen because people believe in religion.

Dec 2019
Utah, USA
He who forgets the past is doomed to repeat it. Floods do not happen because people believe in religion.
Agreed! I don't believe I said anything about forgetting the past. And you are correct that floods do not happen because people believe in religion. They happen because of the nature of the planet, and the physics of our universe. What I said was, the value of understanding the past is to find solutions for the future. I think that's a reasonable path.

That said, I have no idea whether there is a supernatural omni-present entity or not. Whether or not you think you do, you don't either. Belief & faith do not equal proof of anything. So if you want to believe that this god exists, I have no issue with it at all. And further, if you can provide me sound proof of a god's existence, please do, because I lack the "faith" gene, and cannot simply believe when I observe its evil effects.

My issues are with religion itself (not spirituality) as a beneficial construct. We all know the history of religion, and the destruction it has caused humanity, past AND present. Yet, we continue to embrace it, and therefore are (as you say) doomed to bear the consequences of it's effect on society until we rid ourselves of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: leekohler2