The Racist Democrats

Jun 2019
CA
the speech was in 1963. blacks and whites were not equal then (still aren't but that's another topic), so turning it around does not work.

in fact the "if a white person said this" bit is one of the oldest tricks in the racist handbook. it's not a valid argument
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labeled a radical 60 years ago, a liberal 30 years ago and a racist today."
Thomas Sowell

Reactions: se7en
Dec 2012
California
I don't consider candidates based on their race. I don't think most people do. However, I do consider candidates on their stances on every issue, including racial and other minority issues. You're damn right I do.

If you'd like to be reminded of who actually pays attention to race, look no further than the GOP labeling certain lawmakers as "The Squad" and telling then to "go home to their countries". Those GOP members? Never getting my vote. And they shouldn't get anyone else's vote either. I'll err on the the Democratic side, thanks.
So for you, it comes down to what some minority wants, and not what is good for America as a whole. Erring on the side of the Democrats has produce the separation you want to defend.

Dec 2012
California
Sorry but that's simply NOT true. Democrats are definitely not every bit as racist as Republicans. That is is an utterly ridiculous statement.

Next, you'll have us believe that Democrats are every bit as homophobic as Republicans. And that is complete BS too.
Is it not the Democrats who have pushed for ever rising, and expanding social welfare programs that target the minorities? Isn't it the Democrats who fight to keep in tact a failing public school system? Isn't it the Democrats that insist on open borders to provide them with the numbers needed to stay in power? The Democrats have not dropped Jim Crow, they've just put a different tactic in play that results in the same condition...subservience!

• Haha
Reactions: Rescue Basket
Dec 2018
Indiana

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
How in the hell is it good for America to serve as military proxies for Israel and Saudi Arabia in the Middle East?

So you now have an army of occupation in Iraq and mercenaries in Saudi and S. Korea.

The latest from Trumpetal is that if Iraq punts the US troops, they will not be allowed to access their money from oil sales which is kept at the NY Fed.

Dec 2018
Indiana
So you now have an army of occupation in Iraq and mercenaries in Saudi and S. Korea.

The latest from Trumpetal is that if Iraq punts the US troops, they will not be allowed to access their money from oil sales which is kept at the NY Fed.

A typically thuggish response from the Trump organization.

Jul 2019
Georgia
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labeled a radical 60 years ago, a liberal 30 years ago and a racist today."
Thomas Sowell
damn. spot on.

Jul 2019
Georgia
Thomas Sowell is great for cutting through the fog and getting right to the heart of the matter. Does this mean we agree on something besides football? ;)
I'm not really that familiar with him, and I have a feeling we might like that quote for different reasons. But it is accurate. As hell.

Jun 2019
CA
I'm not really that familiar with him, and I have a feeling we might like that quote for different reasons. But it is accurate. As hell.
I've always believed everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards. And that was radical once, liberal a while ago but apparently not good enough for some now.